View Poll Results: Do you have a reflective sticker on your mailbox that was not placed by you?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 12.31%
  • No

57 87.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reflective stickers on mailboxes. Discuss!

just the foyer i believe
    LoL

I dunno if you guys are gonna follow me down this path, but is it possible that these reflective stickers are placed there so people dont run your mailbox over??

I wonder how street lights or the absense of street lights figure into the mailbox sticker conspiracy.

Also are these stickers appearing on wall mounted mail boxes, or the boxes on the lobby of apartment buildings?? or Just on houses where the mailbox is curbside??

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Voting doesn't mean you believe there is a conspiracy. It just means you have a sticker on your mailbox.

I don't believe there is any kind of conspiracy, I did vote yes because I have a sticker on my mailbox.

As for colors around the area, I saw one mailbox with three blue stickers. I saw a few red ones and a few pink ones. I'm color blind on reds and greens so I can't be sure if a sticker is pink or green. The red ones I can make out but they may be orange as I can't really tell the difference between red and orange. I also noticed a lot of the paper boxes had stickers. It could be the newspaper delivery people only put them on a mailbox when it is in front of the paper boxes and they couldn't see the sticker if it was on the paper boxes as they came down the road.

I also noticed on the busy roads, they were on the side of the box showing in the direction of the lane I was in and that lane was on the opposite side of the road. Do newspaper delivery people cross the road to deliver the paper and then go back across into the correct lane for driving?

At this point in time, I kinda think they are used to tell the newspaper delivery people messages.
    O.K. I'll vote. I used to deliver papers. In the morning, you delver them anyway you can. There usually isn't anyone else out there. In the evening it's another story. In both of the routes that I had I worked from a book which was soon committed to memory. The one route I did as a minor. I had about 200 customers. As a young man I worked a commercial route. I was considering becoming a partner with the owner. If I recall correctly that rout had about 2000 customers. We worked out of books, but come to think of it I had suggested a color coded sticker system. It can be difficult to remember who gets which paper, and who gets all of them. Trying to read your book, band and/or bag papers, drive, and chuck papers out of both sides of the van without wrecking on icy roads in the dark on limited sleep, can be quite a challenge.
    Ahhh, the good old days.
    Last edited by Paul Revered; 07-13-2008 at 08:03 PM.

I'd also like to add that the main site which distributed this theory, http://www.uaff.us/, has recently been converted to a pay-only site. Their article on the FEMA red/blue sticker theory was accessible for free a few weeks ago. A curious development considering that they want $3.65 for 1 year access.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Quote Originally Posted by revolutionman View Post
    LoL

I dunno if you guys are gonna follow me down this path, but is it possible that these reflective stickers are placed there so people dont run your mailbox over??

I wonder how street lights or the absense of street lights figure into the mailbox sticker conspiracy.

Also are these stickers appearing on wall mounted mail boxes, or the boxes on the lobby of apartment buildings?? or Just on houses where the mailbox is curbside??
    Certainly possible. We certainly haven't presented evidence of a FEMA death camp mailbox sticker conspiracy. I'm trying to get an idea about the presence of the stickers, and the colors of the stickers. We have people in this thread revealing that they are observing stickers, however there are also colors of stickers which are not covered by the McLamb theory.

Those are great questions to ask in terms of sticker placement.

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Revered View Post
    O.K. I'll vote. I used to deliver papers. In the morning, you delver them anyway you can. There usually isn't anyone else out there. In the evening it's another story. In both of the routes that I had I worked from a book which was soon committed to memory. The one route I did as a minor. I had about 200 customers. As a young man I worked a commercial route. I was considering becoming a partner with the owner. If I recall correctly that rout had about 2000 customers. We worked out of books, but come to think of it I had suggested a color coded sticker system. It can be difficult to remember who gets which paper, and who gets all of them. Trying to read your book, band and/or bag papers, drive, and chuck papers out of both sides of the van without wrecking on icy roads in the dark on limited sleep, can be quite a challenge.
    Ahhh, the good old days.
    I used to have a motor paper route back in the mid '80's. Every now and then, I STILL dream that I overslept and the papers are late!!!

Edit: Oh, and I took a walk this evening, and I saw no stickers on mailboxes except for a few with house numbers.
    Last edited by RockEnds; 07-13-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

[QUOTE=revolutionman;1560922]LoL

/QUOTE] I would almost go along with that hypothesis, but that wouldn't necessarily support the different colors. What I did notice in my neighborhood, was that these colors were not mixed. In other words, some stickers were newer than others, but each box had only one color of stickers. Many boxes had up to 4 stickers on them, but the stickers on each box were uniform in color.

[QUOTE=Paul Revered;1560959]
    Quote Originally Posted by revolutionman View Post
    LoL

/QUOTE] I would almost go along with that hypothesis, but that wouldn't necessarily support the different colors. What I did notice in my neighborhood, was that these colors were not mixed. In other words, some stickers were newer than others, but each box had only one color of stickers. Many boxes had up to 4 stickers on them, but the stickers on each box were uniform in color.
    Yep, that's what I saw. This makes me think perhaps there are three papers being delivered at that address. It wouldn't make sense though that all three papers would be the same. Seems like the family would only subscribe to one paper and share it. So if it was three different papers, then why would all of the stickers be the same color? This is what has me stumped.

I would almost go along with that hypothesis, but that wouldn't necessarily support the different colors. What I did notice in my neighborhood, was that these colors were not mixed. In other words, some stickers were newer than others, but each box had only one color of stickers. Many boxes had up to 4 stickers on them, but the stickers on each box were uniform in color.
    Hm, was there any pattern in terms of the colors on the boxes that had 4 stickers? In other words, was it only a certain color that had up to 4 stickers on them?

Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    I used to have a motor paper route back in the mid '80's. Every now and then, I STILL dream that I overslept and the papers are late!!!

Edit: Oh, and I took a walk this evening, and I saw no stickers on mailboxes except for a few with house numbers.
    The big route that I had was half homes, and half apartments. The motor route was easy; but the apartments seriously slowed us down. We would start at around 1:00 AM picking up the Saturday morning paper. As soon as that was delivered we would start stuffing advertisements into the Sunday supplement, we would have those delivered by sometime Saturday evening. If we didn't get any complaints, we would eat, get a few hours sleep, and then we were back up shortly after midnight to pick up the Sunday paper. If I recall correctly we had to have those delivered by 8:00 AM. Most of the time we would get it done on time. Then we could sit back and wait to redeliver any complaints we got from that batch.

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    Hm, was there any pattern in terms of the colors on the boxes that had 4 stickers? In other words, was it only a certain color that had up to 4 stickers on them?
    That's an interesting question. If it is in fact the paper delivery person that is putting these stickers on the boxes; and I very strongly suspect that it is; he probably buys them with the rest of his supplies, from the newspaper company. I would imagine that he is free to use any system that he wishes, as from my experience, it is his route under contract.

It's very dark now, but I'll go see what I can see..

The big route that I had was half homes, and half apartments. The motor route was easy; but the apartments seriously slowed us down. We would start at around 1:00 AM picking up the Saturday morning paper. As soon as that was delivered we would start stuffing advertisements into the Sunday supplement, we would have those delivered by sometime Saturday evening. If we didn't get any complaints, we would eat, get a few hours sleep, and then we were back up shortly after midnight to pick up the Sunday paper. If I recall correctly we had to have those delivered by 8:00 AM. Most of the time we would get it done on time. Then we could sit back and wait to redeliver any complaints we got from that batch.
    Mine was 200 miles of mostly gravel roads. Between my husband and I, we had four kids, and times were hard, so we each had a route. No cellphones then, either. I learned quite a bit about simple car repair!! I drove it six nights a week. I don't think I ever took out a mailbox, but I can see how reflectors would be a good thing on a foggy night.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno1969 View Post
    I did call them "stickers of death" in #13.

Are there any pictures of these stickers to prove they even exist? I'm curious, too, what their purpose would be if they exist.
    I do remember seeing them when I was younger, they were about 2 x 1/2 inch reflective stickers on the sides of the mailboxes,,,,the only colors i saw were orange and blue, but that was 15+ years ago.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hot Dots™ ~ highly reflective 1-inch plastic circles with adhesive backings for attachment to individual tubes to identify days of delivery. Each sheet contains 64 dots. Available in 13 vivid colors.

http://www.continentalproducts.com/d...cessories.html

That's an interesting question. If it is in fact the paper delivery person that is putting these stickers on the boxes; and I very strongly suspect that it is; he probably buys them with the rest of his supplies, from the newspaper company. I would imagine that he is free to use any system that he wishes, as from my experience, it is his route under contract.

It's very dark now, but I'll go see what I can see..
    It's too dark to see anything, but I did provide that link to the stickers. I'm going to try to find the exact sticker that I have, online.

Hot Dots™ ~ highly reflective 1-inch plastic circles with adhesive backings for attachment to individual tubes to identify days of delivery. Each sheet contains 64 dots. Available in 13 vivid colors.

http://www.continentalproducts.com/d...cessories.html
    My RED dot measures 1".

I noticed these on mailboxes a few years ago around my parents house.. and asked a friend who is a mail carrier. He said they were from the newspaper and junk mail folks. Apparently one color was for weekly only, one was for weekdays and Sundays, one was for Sunday only, one was for "freebie promotions" (trying to get them to sign back up, etc).. and who knows what for the folks who stuff the newspaper boxes with other junk. I haven't seen them around my neighborhood..

I'm sorry, but in this day and age of GPS, why on earth would some gubment organization bent on conspiracy go around putting stickers all over out in the wide open public when they could just hand out SD cards to their own people with the data listing all addresses, all coordinates, etc? .... and what happens if they use orange stickers to indicate "don't bother this sob" and the local newspaper guy goes around sticking orange stickers all over the place? ... it makes zero sense that they'd rely on stickers.

The stickers on the back of the road signs are merely the proof needed to hassle (fine) people caught with stolen signs. Without them the local cops have no way of proving where that "stop" sign came from, when it was placed, etc ...... but if it's got a TDOT or NCDOT, etc sticker on the back then you're busted.
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

How about gluing hundreds of reflective stickers in every color to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidster View Post
    What about gluing shredded glass all over it?

The ones I am seeing look like this. They are one inch in diameter.

The ones I am seeing look like this. They are one inch in diameter.

Great picture. That's what my red one looks like.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^^^ yep.. those look like the ones I've seen.. I guess a bunch of the old Republicans around my parents will be hauled off to the camps?
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker921 View Post
    ^^^^^ yep.. those look like the ones I've seen.. I guess a bunch of the old Republicans around my parents will be hauled off to the camps?
    Well, after all they did read the newspaper. Their minds have obviously been corrupted.

Great picture. That's what my red one looks like.
    Now that I look around a bit, I see what they are used for.

Motor RouteTubes & Accessories
    http://www.raksystems.com/tubesandacc.htm

– MOTOR ROUTE SUPPLIES –
    http://www.lyonent.net/pdfs/motorroute.pdf

Motor Route Accessories
    http://www.scity.com/circulation/rou...cessories.html

Sure looks like we have found out why those stickers are on or near newspaper tubes.

I've been poking around a little and here is my theory:

The stickers are indicators of your (or the past resident's) subscription preferences for the newspaper, weekend only, 7 days a week or lapsed subscription. When there is a special newspaper box installed it is likely that instead of coming around and taking down the boxes when people cancel or fail to pay they just put a sticker up so the paper delivery person can skip them. They would have to be reflective since papers are often delivered at or before dawn.

If this theory seems to hold water we can start another poll that goes...I have stickers on my mailbox and I am subscribed to a newspaper, I have stickers that seem new and I am not subscribed to a newspaper.

I sat 3 feet behind Mr. McLamb on the lawn yesterday. I was honored to be in his presence. I wish that I had been armed with this information at that time. If anyone here is his friend, please have a talk with him.
    Last edited by Paul Revered; 07-13-2008 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mckarnin View Post
    I've been poking around a little and here is my theory:

The stickers are indicators of your (or the past resident's) subscription preferences for the newspaper, weekend only, 7 days a week or lapsed subscription. When there is a special newspaper box installed it is likely that instead of coming around and taking down the boxes when people cancel or fail to pay they just put a sticker up so the paper delivery person can skip them. They would have to be reflective since papers are often delivered at or before dawn.

If this theory seems to hold water we can start another poll that goes...I have stickers on my mailbox and I am subscribed to a newspaper, I have stickers that seem new and I am not subscribed to a newspaper.
    Now I am guessing my green sticker means I don't take the papers out of the tubes and to just skip by my address. I never take that stuff out of those tubes and they are always full. It's those free newspapers they just keep delivering all the time and I don't bother with them.

I put up the mailbox so I know the sticker wasn't left over from the previous resident.

Now I am guessing my green sticker means I don't take the papers out of the tubes and to just skip by my address. I never take that stuff out of those tubes and they are always full. It's those free newspapers they just keep delivering all the time and I don't bother with them.

I put up the mailbox so I know the sticker wasn't left over from the previous resident.
    Again, I doubt that there is a uniform national standard. Each server, or at least each company, probably has its' own system.

Again, I doubt that there is a uniform national standard. Each server, or at least each company, probably has its' own system.
    I would agree with you on that.

When I had a paper route, I would go around to collect from the people and use a different paper punch to punch their card for that week. I would also put the transaction in my book. One day, a person decided to pay for the month so I just put four punches all the same on his card. Later he tried to punch the card himself with his own punch but neglected to see what punch I was using that week. He thought he would get himself a free month of papers that way. LOL

I had four different paper punches. They were hearts, clubs, diamonds and spades. And I didn't rotate through them so nobody could predict what punch I would use that week.

It is pretty much up to the person running the route how he does his business. I would think the color codes would be the same way.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was skeptic at first, but I decided to check my mailbox to be sure. I did have a reflective sticker on it!

Also, the flashing stars showed up in the digital photo. I have no clue how. Perhaps when the invading force shows up I will be sent to Disney World.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    I was skeptic at first, but I decided to check my mailbox to be sure. I did have a reflective sticker on it!

Also, the flashing stars showed up in the digital photo. I have no clue how. Perhaps when the invading force shows up I will be sent to Disney World.
    Nah... that reflector looks like it is screwed on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast