Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the UK: GOP may DUMP McCAIN....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is why we all need to be in St. Paul.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

This article is basically a pure, speculative opinion from some random guy in an apartment. You can't be taking this seriously . Give me some evidence, please.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Quote Originally Posted by rockandrollsouls View Post
    This article is basically a pure, speculative opinion from some random guy in an apartment. You can't be taking this seriously . Give me some evidence, please.
    WHy would the GOP nominate someone who is trailing in the polls by 15% when nader and barr are included?
    They'd be admitting defeat from the beginning.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    WHy would the GOP nominate someone who is trailing in the polls by 15% when nader and barr are included?

The funny thing seems to be that the only candidate at this time that could pull votes from nader, barr, baldwin, and possibly Obama is RP.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Who will they elect that supposedly "knows security and the war" like McCain? It's pure speculation, and they way they are throwing muscle behind Mccain I find it hard to believe they'd dump him. If they wanted a completely different choice than McCain they had it before Ron dropped out. I just think the idea is too far fetched now.

The most they can hope for is to give McCain a decent running mate.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

At this point, I don't think its up to the GOP...enough delegates are locked into voting McCain to ensure his nomination unless he drops out first.

Well, of course, it's just speculation...It's a blog.

Unfortunately, the blogger doesn't mention Ron Paul, but we don't need him to.

John McCain - Will He or Won't He Be Nominated in September

Writer Steve Rosenbaum thinks maybe not, and if so, it will be a "genuine September Surprise." Why so? He thinks around mid-August, he and/or the party will decide he can't win, but he'll cite health or another excuse for dropping out. True or not, he looks bumbling and uncertain on stage and at times like he's about "to keel over."

As bad or worse, he's got tepid Christian right support. The public sees him as pro-war as George Bush, and they want the Iraq one at least ended. Further, Bush's endorsement is a kiss of death, and he may rue the day he got it. That along with his temper, unpredictable flip-flops, and a legion of enemies on the Hill make him vulnerable to stepping down or being dumped. But not to "sit this one out" and hand Obama the election, according to Rosenbaum. Not this time at least when Republicans plan to win and keep the presidency even though Democrats seem poised for big congressional gains.

They'll do it the same way as in 2004, electoral fraud aside. They'll "swift boat" Obama John Kerry-style, dig up any dirt they can find, play up the race card, call him soft on national defense, say he plans to raise taxes, whatever it takes to tear down a candidate who looks like a winner - and do it with a fresh new face, but a well-known conservative one or at least conservative enough. The possibilities range from Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell to Michael Bloomberg, Chuck Hagel and Richard Lugar with a host of others as well - all without McCain's baggage.

Can it happen? Why not, according to Rosenbaum, and he's not alone thinking it. It may be Republicans best chance to win, although changing horses this late ups the odds against it. Nonetheless, some party faithful want a bona fide conservative and nearly anyone but McCain. Others hate his flip-flops and at least one calls him the most flawed candidate ever and the Republican from Hanoi, referring to allegations that he got preferential POW treatment after his father, Admiral JS McCain, became CINCPAC Commander-in-Chief, Pacific Command over all Vietnam force

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The possibility of a whole sale rebellion at the convention is a pipe dream that won't happen. Mostly because the powers will make sure he wins the nomination even if by some act of GOD there was a whole sale rebellion.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

Doesn't anyone realize that it's not the Republicans turn for the presidency? Stop pretending like the people in power are stupid and that's why they do 'stupid' things. They aren't stupid. If they were, they wouldn't have kept their power for decades on end. The only logical conclusion for the Republican party to nominate John McCain is to lose. There is no one who can look at you with a straight face and say "yeah, I think he can win."

I'll blog about how Ron Paul was prohecized in the Bible and he will part the Atlantic ocean, walk across, solve the problem in the middle east, and cleanse the world of evil.

I wonder how many people will believe it

Neocons are not satisfied with McCain.

On some of their forums they'll whine how they know obomba will beat mccain.

Wtf. Why would they elect an unelectable candidate in the first place?

The records also revealed:

-- a history of kidney stones;

-- high cholesterol;

-- nasal allergies;

-- a recent colonoscopy in which six benign polyps were removed;

-- occasional brief episodes of "benign postitional vertigo" (dizziness) when he stands up too quickly, but it's "not a precursor for a stroke;" and

-- a "significantly reduced range of motion" in his shoulders, arms and right knee from his wartime injuries and as a POW.

Overall, he was pronounced healthy and cancer-free.

He takes simvastatin for high cholesterol; hydrochlorothiazide for kidney stone prevention; aspirin to prevent blood clots; the antihistamine Zyrtec for nasal allergies; Ambien CR to aid sleep while traveling; and a multivitamin.

I would be so happy if McCain wakes up dead one of these days soon.
    "Countries are benefited when they changed these [national sovereignty] policies, and evidence suggests that North Americans are ready for a new relationship that renders this old definition of sovereignty obsolete."

CFR task force co-chairman Robert Pastor

McCain could drop out tomorrow and RP still wouldn't get the nomination. The sooner we get this through our heads the better
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    McCain could drop out tomorrow and RP still wouldn't get the nomination. The sooner we get this through our heads the better
    +1

GOP gains more by losing to Obama than by winning with Paul.
    "They either ignore the rules or break the rules or close shop, in order to close us out.
    But that doesn't stop us because ideas are a lot more powerful than a bunch of politicians."

Ron Paul can still get the nomination if there are enough people at the convention that realize McCain can't win!

Remember, it's only the top 2% of the people in the GOP that are totally corrupt and want the GOP to lose.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No way, the NeoCons have duct taped themselves to the mast of this ship, they are gonna ride this storm or go down in it.

they are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Menthol Patch View Post
    Ron Paul can still get the nomination if there are enough people at the convention that realize McCain can't win!

Remember, it's only the top 2% of the people in the GOP that are totally corrupt and want the GOP to lose.
    Sadly, the top 2% you speak of make up most of the delegates. These people are the ultimate party hacks.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Alexander Cockburn described him last February in a CounterPunch article: "a dunderhead in statecraft, devoid of self control, capricious in moral standards and an imbecile in his lack of political judgment."
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

I don't think any Republican can win after 8 years of Bush.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Antimony View Post
    I don't think any Republican can win after 8 years of Bush.
    +1, unless you slam Bush like no one ever before, its an impossible task.

Last edited by daviddee; 08-26-2021 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cska80 View Post
    Doesn't anyone realize that it's not the Republicans turn for the presidency? Stop pretending like the people in power are stupid and that's why they do 'stupid' things. They aren't stupid. If they were, they wouldn't have kept their power for decades on end. The only logical conclusion for the Republican party to nominate John McCain is to lose. There is no one who can look at you with a straight face and say "yeah, I think he can win."
    trust me, I've met those people.... and they're not even paid republican party employees
    Screw the big two! Let's all vote Libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddee View Post
    If it plays out.... Obama will be president, the economy will go into a mini-depression, war will spark up with Iran, Volcker will pork rates to the moon to keep inflation in check, gold will skyrocket...

"Jimmy Carter" serves one term and then "Ronald Reagan" comes into office.

-dd
    Who do you think the GOP is the next, "Ronald Reagan" in this scenario? I know who I think it is, but wondering who you were thinking.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who do you think the GOP is the next, "Ronald Reagan" in this scenario? I know who I think it is, but wondering who you were thinking.
    who do you think it is?

If I had to guess today with the current state of the GOP I would guess Huckabee. Hopefully we can change that however. However Huckabee is not one to be underestimated since he stole a lot of Ron Paul's thunder and captured a lot of the evangelical types. (Edit: And unless Obama pulls miracles out of his ass during his tenure, 4 years from now Huckabee will have a much better position as Im sure Obama will piss off Christians so we need plan NOW on things to do against him)
    Last edited by RoamZero; 07-13-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Last edited by daviddee; 08-26-2021 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddee View Post
    Difficult to say... If history is TRULY repeating itself then the "Ronald Reagan" was eliminated this past primary season in favor of "Gerald Ford".

Ron Paul? Mitt Romney? Huckabee?

To be honest with you, I would NOW take any of the above 3...

I can not vote for McCain... it will be Bush's 3rd term.

I can not vote for Obama... it will be Jimmy Carter's second term.
    how is mitt or Huck not bush's 3rd term, especially huck?

Mitt Romney and Huckabee are both just like McCain. They are all hardcore neocons.

The only way for the GOP to WIN is to get a FREEDOM SUPPORTING "libertarian" candidate that not only appears to the "financial conservatism" of the Republican base but also the social liberalism of the Democratic base.

The perfect candidate is Ron Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by Akus View Post
    who do you think it is?
    I believe that John McCain = Bob Dole, meaning the GOP/RNC does not want to win.

They didn't want Dole to win because he had an independent streak and they were waiting for "their" guy who could be controlled, George W. Bush.

They don't want McCain because he has an independent streak (a crappy one at that) and they are waiting for "their" guy who can be controlled, Mitt Romney.

Also, I think Romney will make his way on to the McCain ticket, which will really show who the GOP establishment is behind.

Matt Towery a columnist/pollster has written/made videos on this very topic.

Will McCain Be Given the Bob Dole Treatment

Video - McCain gets bamboozled
    Video - Veepstakes (at the end he flat out states the RNC does not want McCain to win)
    Let McCain be McCain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast