Thread: Ethical questions and Concerns...

Ethical questions and Concerns...

If you have any ethical concerns or anticipate problems of that kind relating to the Liberty Straw Poll please post them in this thread or email me: ethics.libertystrawpoll@gmail.com

K

Edited to change my email address to something more neutral.
    Last edited by Mckarnin; 07-11-2008 at 11:42 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In all matters:

Open Source
    Liberty Minded

Then there's no concern!
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Just so everyone knows, Katharine is the ethical team leader and is going to get our full cooperation in examining any potential conflicts of interest. She will have no decision making ability within the process but can make suggestions to mitigate potential problems.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Just so everyone knows, Katharine is the ethical team leader and is going to get our full cooperation in examining any potential conflicts of interest. She will have no decision making ability within the process but can make suggestions to mitigate potential problems.
    Is this sarcasm? RomPaulAmbassadors.com goes straight to the donation page of Freedom's Ground.

Ron Paul Ambassadors was my domain for an earlier project whose relevance significantly lessened when Ron Paul stopped actively campaigning. Freedom's Ground is an outgrowth of that original project. Once I have transitioned all contacts to FG I plan to get RonPaulAmbassasors.com set up to do something more directly Ron Paul Related.

I provided my email address @RonPaulAmbassadors instead of @FreedomsGround for the explicit purpose of avoiding promoting Freedom's Ground within the post. Didn't expect people to go looking for the website for my email. If anyone thinks there is a problem with my email address making people curious and perhaps looking up Ron Paul Ambassadors and then ending up at Freedom's Ground I can have it go to a placeholder page that isn't Freedom's Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Is this sarcasm? RomPaulAmbassadors.com goes straight to the donation page of Freedom's Ground.
    Last edited by Mckarnin; 07-11-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the confusion, our project is the Liberty Straw Poll, the website will be www.LibertyStrawPoll.com once done (it now redirects to this sub-forum). Katharine is working on a separate project as she described above, Freedoms Ground which is not connected to Liberty Straw Poll.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, our project is the Liberty Straw Poll, the website will be LibertyStrawPoll.com once done (it now redirects to this sub-forum). Katharine is working on a separate project as she described above, Freedoms Ground which is not connected to Liberty Straw Poll.
    Link error.

http://www.LibertyStrawPoll.com correction. heh

The use of an email address which potentially directs people to the Freedom's Ground donations page IS an ethical issue, so I would suggest that Katherine set up a gmail account for use for the duration of the Liberty Straw Poll project.
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephTheLibertarian View Post
    Link error.

http://www.LibertyStrawPoll.com correction. heh
    Fixed. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDoodahs View Post
    The use of an email address which potentially directs people to the Freedom's Ground donations page IS an ethical issue, so I would suggest that Katherine set up a gmail account for use for the duration of the Liberty Straw Poll project.
    For providing a link on the Liberty Straw Poll that's a good idea-- for having someone contact her otherwise I'm not sure how she could / should be restricted on how people contact her. Even then, she did use a RonPaulAmbassadors.com account which is just an e-mail account- going to that domain is not needed to send an e-mail and in some cases, it's technically not possible.

Of note, we'll be listing bios of the candidates, the MC, the commentators and the vetting team for promotional purposes. It's debatable if we should include the ethics team since having it be understood who they are adds value to the process, just the like vetting team.

I was only talking about the LSP stuff.

And FWIW and JMO: anyone connected with it in any way should be publicly acknowledged; to do otherwise gives the appearance of hiding something and you know where that goes...lol...

It gives the appearance that it's part of or transition from her org to LSP.

It gives the appearance that it's part of or transition from her org to LSP.
    I posted a new email which should answer everyone's concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mckarnin View Post
    I posted a new email which should answer everyone's concerns.
    You mean on LSP stuff where you give your contact info, right?

eta: saw it, much better!