Thread: Will anyone be promoting the November 5th CFL money bomb in DC?

Thumbs up Will anyone be promoting the November 5th CFL money bomb in DC?

Since the 4th is over, we should start promoting the November 5th Campaign for Liberty money bomb more heavily. If each of the 100,000 Meetup members gave $100 on November 5th, that alone is $10 Million for the CFL. That's not even including the fact that donations can be any amount. For me at least, I'll be giving way more than $100. How's Trevor coming with the website? Jamsie, keep up the good work on the videos!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hi RCA last I heard Trevor and Brandon were working on the site. The site sounds confirmed to my knowledge of using the original site NOV 5th domain. If I get any updates I will be sure and send them over. Hopefully they launch it soon! Thanks for the kind words about the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW7I250JTvQ

1. I'd keep my money until I see exactly what CFL does and what they have in store with the money. As of right now, it's just a news blog.
    2. Too many money bombs for the same group of people led to the recent bombs being complete duds. First, people spent the donor money they had in mind on Ron Paul. Then the people who still had money left were asked to donate to Lawson. Then Freedom Slate. Then Bob Barr. And they were asked over and over again. Now it's the CFL's turn for a money bomb.

If you want a successful moneybomb on Nov. 5th, IMO there must be NONE until then to let people reload.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Antimony View Post
    1. I'd keep my money until I see exactly what CFL does and what they have in store with the money. As of right now, it's just a news blog.
    2. Too many money bombs for the same group of people led to the recent bombs being complete duds. First, people spent the donor money they had in mind on Ron Paul. Then the people who still had money left were asked to donate to Lawson. Then Freedom Slate. Then Bob Barr. And they were asked over and over again. Now it's the CFL's turn for a money bomb.

If you want a successful moneybomb on Nov. 5th, IMO there must be NONE until then to let people reload.
    I completely agree with your second statement. However, contrary to your first statement, I think showing our biggest money bomb to date on November 5th would send a shock wave through the media that says "this is no where near over", and it would be great publicity before the Minneapolis rally. I do agree that releasing more information about how the financial structure of the campaign will look like would help a lot with rallying support for the money bomb. (And we should urge the campaign to do so). However, what you have to remember is that the money bombs have been just as much about creating publicity as they have been about raising money.
    "Don't tax me bro!" - noztnac

Hey, is www.november5th2008.com going to be the official site of this moneybomb?
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Quote Originally Posted by SnappleLlama View Post
    Hey, is www.november5th2008.com going to be the official site of this moneybomb?
    I think www.thisnovember5th.com might be used again this year.

Also, I just realized that in my first posted I was saying the "November" money bomb would help create publicity for the "September" rally. I realize now that this does not make sense, but it would show our dedication to the movement.
    Last edited by Patrick_Henry; 07-09-2008 at 06:34 AM.
    "Don't tax me bro!" - noztnac

If trevor is using his for profit to make money off the free work of the grassroots I will not promote it one bit.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When they're ready, we'll do what we can to promote it, same as last time.

Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    If trevor is using his for profit to make money off the free work of the grassroots I will not promote it one bit.
    nope
    it's directly to the campaign for liberty like the original Nov 5th, teaparty, freeatlast, and fiftyoneyears

Good to know, thanks.
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Henry View Post
    I completely agree with your second statement. However, contrary to your first statement, I think showing our biggest money bomb to date on November 5th would send a shock wave through the media that says "this is no where near over", and it would be great publicity before the Minneapolis rally. I do agree that releasing more information about how the financial structure of the campaign will look like would help a lot with rallying support for the money bomb. (And we should urge the campaign to do so). However, what you have to remember is that the money bombs have been just as much about creating publicity as they have been about raising money.
    We raised $6 mil in a single day and that did not create a shockwave. A shockwave would require $10-20 mil in a single day, and at this point I'd be surprised if we are able to give $1 mil to CFL.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Antimony View Post

Your first point is excellent. I'll expand upon it by saying that they're not going to get 100k subscribers by Sept. unless they do something significant with the money they are already sitting on.
    My Awesome Blog | Digg My Articles | Emergency Preparedness Discussion Forum

"You're working for the most honest man in Congress." - John McCain to Kent Snyder, 1988 [verified by personally asking Kent Snyder]