Thread: The Art Of Rhetoric

The Art Of Rhetoric

I have been studying the concept of rhetoric and persuasion for a little bit and thought that a fair number of people on this forum, people with political ambitions and people could use at least a basic understanding of rhetoric. I have gathered a few groovy links for anyone that is interested in learning to effectively express yourself. first some basic understand of the concepts and precepts, and then a buffet of information should you choose to accept this challenge.

Rhetoric On Wikipedia

Ethos, Pathos, and Logos

Rhetorical Theory Resources

Persuasion On Wikipedia

Here are a couple of links that will be undoubtedly controversial, but I believe that they offer valuable and valid information and technique. I don't necessarily endorse the contents of these links, but i have studied the contents and found them worthy of mention.

This one, you can either use it to protect yourself from ulterior motives, or you can use the same techniques as potent weapons against your adversaries or target audience. Its a good read, I recommend it to EVERYONE.
    The Battle For Your Mind By Dick Sutphen

These nerds have made a science out of scamming women into bed. if you can convince a woman to have sex with you, you can also get her to vote for you. A lot of it is pure sexist tripe, but if you can stomach it, there are vital lessons to be learned about the human psyche and manipulation of said psyche.
    The Attraction Forums

Here is a link to a copy of their bible... The first couple of chapters are worth the read.The Venusian Arts Handbook

Some of this stuff is on the up and up, the good wholesome and righteous stuff, that we generally embrace, but some of this stuff leans toward the dark side of politics, that which is the nature of those we seek to depose. Its important for us to be able to effectively wield and defend against this array of techniques.

The revolution REQUIRES that we rise above the level of the apathetic masses and blind faithful who vote for red elephants and blue donkeys because they are loyal to their party. that means we need to strive to be educated in politics, not just the issues that Politics consumes, also the very strands of the philosophies and skills that drive it.

Good Night and Good Reading
    Jay

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by revolutionman View Post
    I have been studying the concept of rhetoric and persuasion for a little bit and thought that a fair number of people on this forum, people with political ambitions and people could use at least a basic understanding of rhetoric. I have gathered a few groovy links for anyone that is interested in learning to effectively express yourself. first some basic understand of the concepts and precepts, and then a buffet of information should you choose to accept this challenge.

Rhetoric On Wikipedia

Ethos, Pathos, and Logos

Rhetorical Theory Resources

Persuasion On Wikipedia

Here are a couple of links that will be undoubtedly controversial, but I believe that they offer valuable and valid information and technique. I don't necessarily endorse the contents of these links, but i have studied the contents and found them worthy of mention.

This one, you can either use it to protect yourself from ulterior motives, or you can use the same techniques as potent weapons against your adversaries or target audience. Its a good read, I recommend it to EVERYONE.
    The Battle For Your Mind By Dick Sutphen

These nerds have made a science out of scamming women into bed. if you can convince a woman to have sex with you, you can also get her to vote for you. A lot of it is pure sexist tripe, but if you can stomach it, there are vital lessons to be learned about the human psyche and manipulation of said psyche.
    The Attraction Forums

Here is a link to a copy of their bible... The first couple of chapters are worth the read.The Venusian Arts Handbook

Some of this stuff is on the up and up, the good wholesome and righteous stuff, that we generally embrace, but some of this stuff leans toward the dark side of politics, that which is the nature of those we seek to depose. Its important for us to be able to effectively wield and defend against this array of techniques.

The revolution REQUIRES that we rise above the level of the apathetic masses and blind faithful who vote for red elephants and blue donkeys because they are loyal to their party. that means we need to strive to be educated in politics, not just the issues that Politics consumes, also the very strands of the philosophies and skills that drive it.

Good Night and Good Reading
    Jay
    Thanks for the links. I wrote most of the mid-range articles on the Wikipedia entry for rhetoric... it's one my personal "essence of "1337" character traits...

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

excellent, maybe you are knowledgeable enough to help any members with questions related to this topic?

excellent, maybe you are knowledgeable enough to help any members with questions related to this topic?
    You must be relatively new. The members on this form do not want or desire my help with anything. I am, of course, always open to helping anyone nonetheless.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

“Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.”
    Plato
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

You must be relatively new. The members on this form do not want or desire my help with anything. I am, of course, always open to helping anyone nonetheless.
    I have been around since march, but I've been largely inactive save for a post here and there until like last week.

There is a lot of Ego, needless bickering, sabotage, etc going on in certain circles of the Revolution, and I guess thats just part of the process, but thats not to say that I'm not upset by it. but thats a topic for another thread.

The Attraction Forums

The community gets a bad rep for this. It's about developing a life, social skills, leadership, body language, language skills, and changing beliefs, and overall improving your life making you feel better...Sex comes as a side effect. Yes if you have all these things both women and men will want to vote for you.

But it's not brainwashing. The closest thing that comes to that is nlp. Which is associating words with a feeling. NLP is to brainwashing as Alcohol is to a disease.

Anyone who wants in to the community pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    the troll comes out of the closet. lol
    Last edited by mediahasyou; 07-08-2008 at 08:39 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How come when I ask wimmins on the forum for sechs, they wink and say no

Frankly, it's very misleading and confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    How come when I ask wimmins on the forum for sechs, they wink and say no

Frankly, it's very misleading and confusing.
    Because winking allows them to remain slightly seductive, so that you continue to pour on attention.

Women care more about attention from many males, so they can have their choices. You will not get laid online. The best bet is to find a girl close to you and start a friendship online first, with the constant suggestion to a real date.

Remember. Women like $#@!s. Regardless of how strongly they deny it. It is the Red Queen. An $#@! will ALWAYS win the woman... always. Not too over the top, but definately over-confident... not narcissistic, just arrogant about your chances... be cute about it... like it's all a whimsical yet entertaining joke to you... be passionate and impetuous...

Most women online would rather not reveal what they look like. This is because they truly think and convince themselves that they are being honorable. Other women, if they have what they most likely know men want, will have a picture of themselves online ready...

I'm not trying to be sexist or misogynist, this is simply science.

-Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by mediahasyou View Post
    the troll comes out of the closet. lol
    You quoting Jefferson is like a PETA member $#@!ting meatballs.

-Bertrand Russell

Other women, if they have what they most likely know men want, will have a picture of themselves online ready...
    like your avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by mediahasyou View Post
    like your avatar...
    Aww, did you break a nail?

-Bertrand Russell

the seduction community gets a bad rap because of the many slime balls that inhabit the community.

I give it props on the self improvement, psychological self help stuff. but I take exception to the fact that they say "we respect women" and then turn around and post Lay Reports, that describe how they meet random women and game them into having sex with them. thats bogus.