Thread: Fight Fire With Fire

Fight Fire With Fire

I was going to name this thread, Fight Politics with Politics, but I'm afraid it would get moved too quickly.

In the game of politics, it's all about influence. What about The Ron Paul Armies influence? How can we use our political capitol, which is growing by the hour, to gain media attention?

If the Republican party does not soon start giving Ron Paul's candidacy the attention he deserves, I propose we do this. We promise the Republican party, that the Ron Paul Army, will launch the the biggest write-in campaign that this nation has ever seen. In the general election, with our write-in votes, we will insure that the Democratic nominee, probably Hillery, will win in 08. We will guarantee a Republican loss, with our 3rd party write-in votes.

In the game of politics, you sometimes have to play hard ball.
    Last edited by michaelwise; 08-28-2007 at 12:53 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwise View Post
    I was going to name this thread, Fight Politics with Politics, but I'm afraid it would get moved too quickly.

In the game of politics, it's all about influence. What about The Ron Paul Armies influence? How can we use our political capitol, which is growing by the hour, to gain media attention?

If the Republican party does not soon start giving Ron Paul's candidacy the attention he deserves, I propose we do this. We promise the Republican party, that the Ron Paul Army, will launch the the biggest write-in campaign that this nation has ever seen. In the general election, with our write-in votes, we will insure that the Democratic nominee, probably Hillery, will win in 08. We will guarantee a Republican loss, with our 3rd party write-in votes.

In the game of politics, you sometimes have to play hard ball.
    That's the argument I use against "Republicans" who don't support Ron Paul or say that he can't win. If he doesn't then the Republican party doesn't stand a chance. He is the only one who can win the presidency for him. They should be fighting for Ron Paul just like we are.
    Amendment I.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

How many of us would be voting for any Republican candidate besides Ron Paul anyways, though? Most of us would probably be not voting, or voting LP/CP.
    mdh - mdh (at) lpwv (dot) org
    Libertarian Party of West Virginia Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastjohn View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. What's an MDH?

Write-In To Win

We may end up writing Ron Paul in for the win.

nah bad idea, and a peace candidate will beat a pro-war republican...no matter who runs.

All this will do is get us more negative publicity by showing that we are wolves in sheep clothing trying to hijack the party

Quote Originally Posted by njandrewg View Post
    nah bad idea, and a peace candidate will beat a pro-war republican...no matter who runs.

All this will do is get us more negative publicity by showing that we are wolves in sheep clothing trying to hijack the party
    If that's what the Republican party wants, by blacking us out, we can guarantee that's what they will get, or we could win anyway, if we start now by adopting this tactic, and spreading the word. The message to the republican party will be, ignore us now at your own peril.

Doubt it would happen, seriously, but I'd do it anyway.

I think we need to focus on telling a new person at least once a week and explaining about voting in the primaries. I think that's more important then adapting a defeatist attitude.
    I'm DjLoTi =) Liveontheisland =) I live on an island =) It's my island =)

Honey and vinegar, guys.
    mdh - mdh (at) lpwv (dot) org
    Libertarian Party of West Virginia Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastjohn View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. What's an MDH?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.