Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Voting 3rd party and wasted vote quote..

  1. #1

    Default Voting 3rd party and wasted vote quote..

    A while ago someone posted a link to an article about a great argument why there is no such thing as a wasted vote.

    Basically it was just a paragraph or so long that someone had said about why voting 3rd party was viable and how its not a throw away vote for several reasons.

    I am pretty sure it was a link to rockwell but its been a while so i forget.

    Anyone know what i am talking about? hehehe i had the quote saved but have lost it and need it again for an argument.

    Plus my search-fu is pretty damn weak today along with google-fu



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Same as voting 1st or 2nd party.

    LRC has it's own search faciility.

  4. #3

    Default

    I've seen lots of those here. Seems like most of the best were from our members, not links.
    Funny how, when Fox started promoting Trump 24/7, the word 'electable' suddenly fell completely out of their vocabulary...

    We need a name for those who think, or pretend to think, Trump could win the general election. How about Trump Chumps?

  5. #4

    Default

    I think John Quincy Adams said it best:

    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
    If something bad happens, we will be blamed. If something good happens, we will get no credit. If nothing happens, we will be forgotten.

    The Principles that Govern Social Interaction

    Google-searching Latin phrases and injecting them into your arguments does not change the substance of a debate. Frankly, it's just annoying as hell.

  6. #5

    Default

    I ALWAYS vote for the principle of NOT VOTING.

    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”

    I like it!

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    Same as voting 1st or 2nd party.

    LRC has it's own search faciility.
    yueah i tried that ... i suck hahaha too much out there on wasted votes.


    I am trying to remember teh article exactly, but basically it said how voting 3rd party isnt a wasted vote for several reasons. It was about a paragraph or so long. cjasdjlskdaslkj hahah i wish i still had the link.

    I know it is posted on here somewere... if only i didnt suck at search.

    I am sure someone knows what i am talking about.

    It was probably the greatest argument on why there is no such thing as a wasted vote.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    I ALWAYS vote for the principle of NOT VOTING.

    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”

    I like it!
    But if you don't vote at all, your vote is never found...
    Funny how, when Fox started promoting Trump 24/7, the word 'electable' suddenly fell completely out of their vocabulary...

    We need a name for those who think, or pretend to think, Trump could win the general election. How about Trump Chumps?

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    But if you don't vote at all, your vote is never found...


    Kinda like Diebold, hunh?

    Last edited by Truth Warrior; 07-01-2008 at 07:11 AM.

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by losinglife View Post
    yueah i tried that ... i suck hahaha too much out there on wasted votes.


    I am trying to remember teh article exactly, but basically it said how voting 3rd party isnt a wasted vote for several reasons. It was about a paragraph or so long. cjasdjlskdaslkj hahah i wish i still had the link.

    I know it is posted on here somewere... if only i didnt suck at search.

    I am sure someone knows what i am talking about.

    It was probably the greatest argument on why there is no such thing as a wasted vote.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/thornton/thornton26.html ???

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    Kinda like Diebold, hunh?
    Yeah, you non-voters just love to rub it in...
    Funny how, when Fox started promoting Trump 24/7, the word 'electable' suddenly fell completely out of their vocabulary...

    We need a name for those who think, or pretend to think, Trump could win the general election. How about Trump Chumps?

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yeah, you non-voters just love to rub it in...
    Diebold Variations
    http://homepage.mac.com/rcareaga/diebold/adworks.htm

    Rub rub, rub rub!

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    negative.

    I remember the paragraph/quote wasnt originated by the author of the article. He used it as his way of saying that it was the best argument against the throw away vote mentality becuase they said it better than he ever could.

    blah.. if only i had better search skeeelz.

    also i believe it was linked on here before april 22nd cause i used it in argument prior to the PA primaries.

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    Diebold Variations
    http://homepage.mac.com/rcareaga/diebold/adworks.htm

    Rub rub, rub rub!
    Little lower, please--one of my virtual muscles is stiff...

    That site gets better and better! But "because charm and wit can only get you so far" is still the best!
    Funny how, when Fox started promoting Trump 24/7, the word 'electable' suddenly fell completely out of their vocabulary...

    We need a name for those who think, or pretend to think, Trump could win the general election. How about Trump Chumps?

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Little lower, please--one of my virtual muscles is stiff...

    That site gets better and better! But "because charm and wit can only get you so far" is still the best!
    Talk to your wife about that!

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by losinglife View Post
    negative.

    I remember the paragraph/quote wasnt originated by the author of the article. He used it as his way of saying that it was the best argument against the throw away vote mentality becuase they said it better than he ever could.

    blah.. if only i had better search skeeelz.

    also i believe it was linked on here before april 22nd cause i used it in argument prior to the PA primaries.
    http://www.google.com/custom?sa=Sear...ewrockwell.com

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by losinglife View Post
    A while ago someone posted a link to an article about a great argument why there is no such thing as a wasted vote.

    Basically it was just a paragraph or so long that someone had said about why voting 3rd party was viable and how its not a throw away vote for several reasons.

    I am pretty sure it was a link to rockwell but its been a while so i forget.

    Anyone know what i am talking about? hehehe i had the quote saved but have lost it and need it again for an argument.

    Plus my search-fu is pretty damn weak today along with google-fu

    We wrote an article on June 17
    http://www.restoretherepublic.org/?p=170

    Not sure if this is the article your referencing, but here you go anyway.
    "Poverty of the state exchequer causes an army to be maintained by contributions from a distance. Contributing to maintain an army at a distance causes the people to be impoverished."
    Sun Tzu

    Restore The Republic.Org

    PokeTheEye.ORG

  18. #17

    Default

    Why vote for the winner if they destroy the country? Does that make you feel better that you didn't "waste" your vote?

  19. #18

    Default

    whoa, i actually see a bob barr ad on the bottom of the page.
    Samuel 8
    10 Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king.11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots.12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots.13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers.14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants.15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants.16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle[c] and donkeys he will take for his own use.17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves.18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    whoa, i actually see a bob barr ad on the bottom of the page.
    Personally, I'm really enjoying the change from the 24/7 McCain ads.

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    Personally, I'm really enjoying the change from the 24/7 McCain ads.
    +1 !
    [Jeremy] zach is a typical racist from WV
    [CaseyJones] zach is hiding the fact that he is reptilian
    In 2012, 3rd party chatrooms will take over RPF Main Chat:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...69&postcount=1

  22. #21

    Default

    I think I might have posted an artcile very similar to what you are talking about - unfortunately, I no longer work at the place I did when I posted it, so I lost that copy of the text - however, i might have it at home... I will check later tonight..
    I am Ron Paul.
    We are Ron Paul.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salinaspaul View Post
    I think I might have posted an artcile very similar to what you are talking about - unfortunately, I no longer work at the place I did when I posted it, so I lost that copy of the text - however, i might have it at home... I will check later tonight..
    coolio






« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •