Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fred to announce on the 5th

Exclamation Fred to announce on the 5th

I just heard from a radio talk show host who is friends with Fred and mentioned that Fred will probably announce around the 5th.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you know where it is going to take place?

Good, I hope he does announce. Then I hope the FEC forces him to disclose his contributions. Then I hope he gets to walk to into a debate with Ron Paul.
    Home is where my brothers lie. I stop and kneel at Arlington. You can go around if you like.

What is the latest he can declare until he is exempt from disclosing his fundings to the fec?
    I'm DjLoTi =) Liveontheisland =) I live on an island =) It's my island =)

Good news.

Split that neo-con vote Fred!

Run Fred Run!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I just heard from a radio talk show host who is friends with Fred and mentioned that Fred will probably announce around the 5th.
    He'll "probably" announce "around" the 5th? I'll believe it when I see it.

I noticed in the latest Fox poll, he was down to 14%, and Newt was down to 5%. I think they may have both blown their chances by dragging their feet for so long. It's also noteworthy that the #2 spot in the poll was "Unsure" with 23%.

Quote Originally Posted by john_anderson_ii View Post
    Good, I hope he does announce. Then I hope the FEC forces him to disclose his contributions. Then I hope he gets to walk to into a debate with Ron Paul.
    Debate???? All he will have to do is say something stupid like "that dog dont hunt" and the throngs of neo-cons will cheer wildly. Thank god neo-cons are becoming less influential with each day that goes by, but there will always be that small stubborn group that will support FT even if he got caught on camera eating the heart out of a babies chest. Them there people are NUTS!!!! They dont care what he REALLY stands for, they just know its FRED THOMPSON THE BIG TOUGH GUY!!!!!!! Not looking so big and tough though here lately. Looking quite frail in the last few months so I dont think he can hack it in the long run.

Sorry about the pointless rant folks, but its not really FT that gets me going. Its the mindless supporters who have no real reason to like the guy, other than the fact that hes that "actor fella"
    http://www.freetalklive.com

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live...................... and shut your f----n' mouth.” - Bill Hicks

"The only difference between the Government and the Mafia is that the government flies flags in front of their offices" - Harry Browne

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was hoping he would not enter. Some of you gave stories of meeting Fred supporters who were dissatisfied with Romney and Giulani and thought Fred represented Reagan principles, which he doesn't.

If Fred enters, we will have to hit the independents and conservative base even harder now to fight for the voters who are still in the "undecided" category.

Fred = Bad Actor
    Fred = Bad Politician

It's about time. Most people I talk to think he's already running.

Run, Fred, Run! Please! You have my full support!!

How I want this tool in the race, for two reasons: 1) basic split-the-neocon tactics as someone mentioned above, and 2) since he's a stuffed suit who epitomizes the CFR's corruption of our political system, putting Thompson onstage next to Ron Paul for 10 minutes will make the people's options clearer than anything I could ever say.

FRED IN '07!!!

I think having a much younger wife is going to hurt him in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTheLibertarian View Post
    I think having a much younger wife is going to hurt him in the long run
    plus the cancer................... I cant believe even the die hard neo-cons could possibly want a president who could possibly be on borrowed time. But then again, theyre a pretty dumb bunch.

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live...................... and shut your f----n' mouth.” - Bill Hicks

"The only difference between the Government and the Mafia is that the government flies flags in front of their offices" - Harry Browne

He can enter the race on the 6th and not have to disclose his campaign finances until almost January 31st of 2008. The problem is that even if he is accused of violating campaign contribution laws, there are a few problems. One, the fine is a joke, $25,000, and two by the time the FEC files formal charges it won't be until probably after the election is already over.

If people are thinking he'll enter on the 5th, they're crazy. Entering on the 6th will give him much more advantage by not having to disclose his financial reports.
    I'm DjLoTi =) Liveontheisland =) I live on an island =) It's my island =)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I isn't just neocons who will vote for Fred Thompson, he will get a TON of votes because was on TV and in the movies.

Many Americans are too dense to vote.
    We have been totally fucked by the machine

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEngineer View Post
    He can enter the race on the 6th and not have to disclose his campaign finances until almost January 31st of 2008. The problem is that even if he is accused of violating campaign contribution laws, there are a few problems. One, the fine is a joke, $25,000, and two by the time the FEC files formal charges it won't be until probably after the election is already over.
    Of course. The tactic is to avoid any close scrutiny for as long as possible and then steal the primaries because uniformed voters are the rule, not the exception. By the way, it'd be GREAT if he actually split the neocon vote, but it won't be so, I think. He's bullshitting like he's Ron Paul by talking about the Constitution and states' rights, so there may be some (mind you, VERY) casual supporters of Ron Paul (they do exist, by the way) who buy into what FT is lying about and switch to him because 'he has a chance.' He'll probably pick up the majority of those 'undecided' votes, too.
    TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    Why the hell would I want friends? Most people I meet are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by DjLoTi View Post
    If people are thinking he'll enter on the 5th, they're crazy. Entering on the 6th will give him much more advantage by not having to disclose his financial reports.
    I agree but his campaign rep, I swear said the 5th too at the Illinois State Fair. He made a point of explaining their reason as to why he was waiting (fair time and Law and Order) then he assured the FT supporters there that Fred would announce on Sept. 5 ( I could be mistaken, But I seriously remember this.)

Also, its possible that hes just going to announce that he will announce on the 6th on the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kregener View Post
    I isn't just neocons who will vote for Fred Thompson, he will get a TON of votes because was on TV and in the movies.

Many Americans are too dense to vote.
    Oh yeah, I was in a Hardees in this little town near Decatur last week and these older people, probably in their late 60's were talking about politics and one of the old blue hair ladies said "oh I like that one guy............ oh whats his name......the one on law & order" and one of the old guys said "Freddy Thompsons who yer thinking of" and she said "YEAH, good ol' Fred Thompson, I like him"

Just pissed me off to no end because she didnt even know his name, so obviously she knew nothing about his policy and his voting record, yet because she likes his character on TV shes gonna probably vote for him.

Thats the kind of sheeple were dealing with in alot of cases folks. Hopefully not TOO many people are that dumb.

Sorry about the pointless rant folks, but its not really FT that gets me going. Its the mindless supporters who have no real reason to like the guy, other than the fact that hes that "actor fella"[/QUOTE]

and he drives a red pick up truck

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    Sorry about the pointless rant folks, but its not really FT that gets me going. Its the mindless supporters who have no real reason to like the guy, other than the fact that hes that "actor fella"
    and he drives a red pick up truck[/QUOTE]

Lol, shame on you. He only drives it when campaigning for stupid voters. Don't misrepresent this GREAT MAN.

Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Lol, shame on you. He only drives it when campaigning for stupid voters. Don't misrepresent this GREAT MAN.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its like hes pandering to a bunch of 3rd graders that like to see red shiny things........... oooooooh Fred's red shiny pickup truck, gee what a down home fella that Fred Thompson is, thats grassroots yall, drivin round the country pressin the flesh in a pickup................ god, how easily people are led on.

kinda like when kids see a firetruck...........same mentality I think.

Quote Originally Posted by quickmike View Post
    Yeah, its like hes pandering to a bunch of 3rd graders that like to see red shiny things........... oooooooh Fred's red shiny pickup truck, gee what a down home fella that Fred Thompson is, thats grassroots yall, drivin round the country pressin the flesh in a pickup................ god, how easily people are led on.

kinda like when kids see a firetruck...........same mentality I think.
    I wouldn't bet against a Thompson/Firetruck '08 ticket.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Lol, shame on you. He only drives it when campaigning for stupid voters. Don't misrepresent this GREAT MAN.[/QUOTE]

the purr of the engine is rivaled only by his booming voice
    Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

Nope, they changed their mind. Matt Drudge did a whole segment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEngineer View Post
    I don't believe this is correct. As soon as he becomes a candidate, he has to file the next quarterly report (3rd quarter - due Oct 15th) and include all the contributions to his exploratory committee. He would to wait until Oct 1 to avoid the next report.

Ron Paul 273 98.6%
    Fred Thompson 4 1.4%
    Duncan Hunter 0 0%
    John McCain 0 0%
    Mike Huckabee 0 0%
    Mitt Romney 0 0%
    Newt Gingrich 0 0%
    Rudy Giuliani 0 0%
    Sam Brownback 0 0%
    Tommy Thompson 0 0%
    This is off of http://fred2008.org/ as of 10:23 CST

The guy can't even win a poll on a support site that merged with the FredHead site.

Clearly he has very little actual grass roots support on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by quickmike View Post
    Oh yeah, I was in a Hardees in this little town near Decatur last week and these older people, probably in their late 60's were talking about politics and one of the old blue hair ladies said "oh I like that one guy............ oh whats his name......the one on law & order" and one of the old guys said "Freddy Thompsons who yer thinking of" and she said "YEAH, good ol' Fred Thompson, I like him"

Just pissed me off to no end because she didnt even know his name, so obviously she knew nothing about his policy and his voting record, yet because she likes his character on TV shes gonna probably vote for him.

Thats the kind of sheeple were dealing with in alot of cases folks. Hopefully not TOO many people are that dumb.

Did you leave a slim jim with them? You could have told them that you'd seen RP on TV as well--granted it was during the debates...but hey, that's TV too.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    It's funny, he's the exact opposite of RP in that sense.

No one here really cares much about Ron Paul's personality or his charisma, or his ability to hype a crowd... we are all attracted to his message. Contrast this to Fred who doesn't even have a message...but still has supporters behind him only because of his personality
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast