Thread: Bush Declares National Emergency

Bush Declares National Emergency

... and nobody seems to have noticed?
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0080626-4.html

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that the current existence and risk of the proliferation of weapons-usable fissile material on the Korean Peninsula constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.
    Here comes the police state....
    Peace, Prosperity, Paul.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really hate that important things like national emergencies are never blasted on the news. When he goes further with this, then we're screwed.
    [Jeremy] zach is a typical racist from WV
    [CaseyJones] zach is hiding the fact that he is reptilian
    In 2012, 3rd party chatrooms will take over RPF Main Chat:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...69&postcount=1

This is insane.

He just said he is lifting sanctions on NK.

The media needs to wake up and call him on this. I do think they are starting to wake up on what would happen with a war on Iran.

After the market tanking the last two days I think the American public is waking up and starting to find out what is going on with the economy. The more that wake up the better.

what's with the drama.
    read it all

there is nothing related to our own soil in this one.
    I further find that, as we deal with that threat through multilateral diplomacy, it is necessary to continue certain restrictions with respect to North Korea that would otherwise be lifted pursuant to a forthcoming proclamation that will terminate the exercise of authorities under the Trading With the Enemy Act (50 U.S.C. App. 1 et seq.) (TWEA) with respect to North Korea.
    and
    Accordingly, I hereby order:

Section 1. Except to the extent provided in statutes or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, the following are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in:

all property and interests in property of North Korea or a North Korean national that, pursuant to the President's authorities under the TWEA, the exercise of which has been continued in accordance with section 101(b) of Public Law 95-223 (91 Stat. 1625; 50 U.S.C. App. 5(b) note), were blocked as of June 16, 2000, and remained blocked immediately prior to the date of this order.

Sec. 2. Except to the extent provided in statutes or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, United States persons may not register a vessel in North Korea, obtain authorization for a vessel to fly the North Korean flag, or own, lease, operate, or insure any vessel flagged by North Korea.

Sec. 3. (a) Any transaction by a United States person or within the United States that evades or avoids, has the purpose of evading or avoiding, or attempts to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.

(b) Any conspiracy formed to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.
    don't worry just yet.
    This simply keeps trade restrictions in place.
    I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Churchill

Wake up in the morning with No Agenda
    http://www.noagendashow.com

I thought NK conformed to whatever the white house wanted them to do. How can we continue to negotiate with these countries if we don't hold up our end of the deal?

I agree. Now it is a National Emergency bill.

Why go that route before lifting sanctions. Don't lift them, and say what you are going to say before lifting them and then don't put a NATIONAL EMERGENCY BILL on the table. What is the emergency, after lifting the sanctions, if it was going to be an emergency before lifting the sanctions.

This is out of control. My words. Our Government has lost it, sad to say!
    Last edited by Sarge; 06-28-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: forgot commas.

Bush does this every few weeks for every thing under the sun. The one National Emergency Declaration you need to wait for is the one stating that the US is in the national emergency due to financial crisis.

For all I know he already declared that too.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

Desensitize the peasant rabble first, before and for issuing the BIG one or more.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone should declare a national emergency declaring that Bush is still in command.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    United States persons may not register a vessel in North Korea, obtain authorization for a vessel to fly the North Korean flag, or own, lease, operate, or insure any vessel flagged by North Korea.
    anyone wanna go buy a NK flag

Quote Originally Posted by driller80545 View Post
    Someone should declare a national emergency declaring that Bush is still in command.
    Or is it really Cheney?

Quote Originally Posted by driller80545 View Post
    ok.
    I declare a state of Emergency within these United States;President Bush is officially an enemy combatant; Therefore I am issuing a Warrant for his arrest, and a reward for his capture; which shall be Freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I agree. Now it is a National Emergency bill.

Why go that route before lifting sanctions. Don't lift them, and say what you are going to say before lifting them and then don't put a NATIONAL EMERGENCY BILL on the table. What is the emergency, after lifting the sanctions, if it was going to be an emergency before lifting the sanctions.

This is out of control. My words. Our Government has lost it, sad to say!
    Wow, I shocked that the U.S. Government actually enforcing a BILL?

Oh that's right, it's government, Not Accountable and Privileged to enforce what THEY want too enforce or ignore.

STATUS QUO = U.S. Roman EMPIRE
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    Bush does this every few weeks for every thing under the sun. The one National Emergency Declaration you need to wait for is the one stating that the US is in the national emergency due to financial crisis.

For all I know he already declared that too.
    Bush will come and pick you up.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) (NEA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code . . .
    Lies, lies, lies. No such power to intimidate foreign governments, no matter how ruthless they may be, is given to the executive branch by our Constitution. Everything else - all the codes, and acts, and sections of titles, are the side-effects of such false thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

This is a great thread. Very thoughtful discussion on the issues of Bush's EO. I have been following Bush's EOs to a degree and am glad you posted this. I have a friend that thinks there is a pattern with regard to his EOs possibly leading to marshall law and is doing an analysis and commentary. I will let you know the link when its finished.

He said he is submitting it to Jack Cafferty to see if it gets picked up.

Kurt Wallace
    www.breakthematrix.com
    www.freedomslate08.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    This is insane.

He just said he is lifting sanctions on NK.

The media needs to wake up and call him on this. I do think they are starting to wake up on what would happen with a war on Iran.

After the market tanking the last two days I think the American public is waking up and starting to find out what is going on with the economy. The more that wake up the better.
    Keep dreaming
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members