Thread: New Here: Adventuring

New Here: Adventuring

Hello, my names Ryan i'm 16 and have always been raised as a neo-con. Recently i've started looking into things for myself and realize that Ron Paul has swayed me away from that. He seems like a cool human being(rare in politicians) and has beliefs that stick to what made our country what it is today. I honestly though don't know much about politics and came to this site helping you guys would help me learn more and make me able to hush the RP nay-sayers out there. Well thank you for your time

P.S.- I love music, that's where I got my name. My favorite band, Pink Floyd, fused with another band I like, The Doors

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hello!

Names Luke.

I'm 18 and I was a Reagan Democrat.
    I came to Ron Paul in September of 2007 and have been involved heavily ever since!

I also Play Music I love it. I play Banjo and Guitar and Drums.

welcome to the forum. its a great place for intelligent conversation.

this is Ron Paul's new Website and project

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

my father has seen Pink Floyd Live a couple times..

my favorite song is Us and Them.

P.S.

the new post feature is very convenient!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Door View Post
    Hello, my names Ryan i'm 16 and have always been raised as a neo-con. Recently i've started looking into things for myself and realize that Ron Paul has swayed me away from that. He seems like a cool human being(rare in politicians) and has beliefs that stick to what made our country what it is today. I honestly though don't know much about politics and came to this site helping you guys would help me learn more and make me able to hush the RP nay-sayers out there. Well thank you for your time

P.S.- I love music, that's where I got my name. My favorite band, Pink Floyd, fused with another band I like, The Doors
    two awesomenss threads. education much.

Must See Documentaries
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37354

Must Read Books
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79751

"Wish you Were Here" is one of my all-time favorite songs. I love the lyrics...very appropriate for helping someone "come out of the matrix":

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
    How I wish, how I wish you were here.

Welcme to the forum, Ryan! Sooo glad you are here

P.S. My favorite Doors song is "The Ghost Song"
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the comments, sorry i've been busy I should be active by this weekend. And "Wish You Were Here" is my favorite song. It holds sentimental value to me. One Ron Paul question I had was what's his stance on gay marriage?

Revolutionist:

For day to day enlightenment I recommend reading Mises.org (might take you a little more reading before you understand everything) and LewRockwell.com (entertaining and the commentators always make the most clever points).

Good luck on your adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by revolutionist View Post
    State issue
    Thats not really the case with him, although he may support leaving it up to states in order to get the federal government out of it initially. But there is more to the story.

Ron Paul believes that the federal government should not recognize ANY marriage, straight or gay. He believes marriage is a religious issue that should be left up to religious institutes. Ron Paul does not believe in legislating morals period nor does he believe in the government, state or federal, to get involved in religious issues. He is completely 100% against a marriage amendment that would define marriage.

BUT - since the federal government does indeed get involved he believes every individual human being regardless of sex should be treated equally. He has been directly asked before and he has said "Sure they should be able to get married and call it whatever they want." He has also said regarding this issue: "all voluntary associations should be protected by the law"

Ron Paul is the type that even tough he may disagree with something he still believes it should be protected by the law. As in this quote on prostitution "They have the right to so whatever they want with their freedom but I don't have to agree with it"
    or from a speech in congress:
    "Government cannot make people morally better by laws that interfere with nonviolent personal acts that produce no victims. Disapproving of another's behavior is not enough to justify a law prohibiting it. Any attempt to do so under the precepts of liberty is an unwarranted use of government force."

Rest assured, when common sense can provide an answer to an issue that is where Ron Paul stands.
    "If a life could have a theme song -- and I believe every worthwhile one has -- mine is a religion, an obsession or a mania, or all of these expressed in one word: individualism. I was born with that obsession and have never seen and do not know now a cause more worthy, more misunderstood, more seemingly hopeless, and more tragically needed." -Ayn Rand

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's basically how I feel. I don't think there should be a government institution of marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Door View Post

Welcome to the board, Pink Door!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by ForLiberty-RonPaul View Post
    two awesomenss threads. education much.

Must See Documentaries
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37354

Must Read Books
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79751
    Subscribed to those two so I don't lose track of them!

Thanks!

New here too Pink Door, but great to see another Pink Floyd and The Doors fan here!