Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: November 5th, CFL Money Bomb!

Well it looks like we will NOT be using www.thisnovember5th.com at all. Trevor is taking a 10% cut of his latest moneybombs.
    See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...39&postcount=1

But that's OK. We will just do this without him.

So again, I have www.november5th2008.com registered already. If their is a consensus on using www.remembernovember5th.com instead, then we can use that.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i also like remembernovember5th.com
    although it is taken, and for sale by
    business@wanfuchina.com
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 06-26-2008 at 10:55 AM.

First rule of any money bomb that this group plans out......

100% of the funds are to go DIRECTLY to CFL, no Money will be skinned off the top. WE all work on this as Volunteers, supporting a cause we feel is worth our FREE time and efforts.

TheMorningAfterBomb.com ?

We may have lost the battle, but we're still in this war...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    First rule of any money bomb that this group plans out......

100% of the funds are to go DIRECTLY to CFL, no Money will be skinned off the top. WE all work on this as Volunteers, supporting a cause we feel is worth our FREE time and efforts.
    True, true.
    I think brandon should be the site owner.

themorningafterbomb sounds like a website promoting birth control pills...LOL!
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Once the official thing is up and running, we should get the official Campaign for Liberty to promote the money bomb. Imagine how much more successful it will be with hundreds of thousands (hopefully) of people getting the message.

One way to bill this would be: on election night, here's something you can actually be excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    The drawback of this however will be that it will get zero news coverage because of the election.
    The C4L needs to issue press releases every week from Sept. 2 to November. That will help.

The domain is IRRELEVANT, it could be anything we want AND getting "Cuts" from the money bombs? $#@! that....

This is the stuff that bothers me because that is who is IN the cfl now....

Put it on any domain. I do however want to make sure NO ONE is getting a cut of the donations. How sick is that...... I wonder if trevor was part of the "web fees" that always seemed so high.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    Well it looks like we will NOT be using www.thisnovember5th.com at all. Trevor is taking a 10% cut of his latest moneybombs.
    See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...39&postcount=1

But that's OK. We will just do this without him.

So again, I have www.november5th2008.com registered already. If their is a consensus on using www.remembernovember5th.com instead, then we can use that.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    The drawback of this however will be that it will get zero news coverage because of the election.
    You might be right, but I was kind of seeing it from this angle:

McCain is going to suffer a crushing defeat. Republicans are going to lose more house seats and maybe some senate seats. The media is going to have to do some sort of analysis like "Why the hell do the republicans suck so much?" A combination of a huge money bomb and a few of our candidates getting elected as republicans (Lawson?) will hopefully get them to mention that if the republicans stuck to their platform and promoted liberty&peace they would have done better.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You might be right, but I was kind of seeing it from this angle:

McCain is going to suffer a crushing defeat. Republicans are going to lose more house seats and maybe some senate seats. The media is going to have to do some sort of analysis like "Why the hell do the republicans suck so much?" A combination of a huge money bomb and a few of our candidates getting elected as republicans (Lawson?) will hopefully get them to mention that if the republicans stuck to their platform and promoted liberty&peace they would have done better.
    We've seen how the media has treated us, so I don't think that would be likely.

I'm happy to use ThisNovember5th.com for a CFL money bomb. I was in talks about a money bomb for CFL when Brandon first asked and I wanted to see how that worked first.

To understand why there was a fee for FreedomSlate08.com please see this thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=144696

There will be no cut for http://BreakTheMatrix.com for the CFL November 5th money bomb.. they are a non-profit so we can legally do it without cost.

What do you guys think about expanding the idea? Having a rally in D.C.? Or a concert somewhere? something else?

Last edited by Jamsie 567; 11-05-2010 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfShannarah View Post
    I'm happy to use ThisNovember5th.com for a CFL money bomb. I was in talks about a money bomb for CFL when Brandon first asked and I wanted to see how that worked first.

To understand why there was a fee for FreedomSlate08.com please see this thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=144696

There will be no cut for http://BreakTheMatrix.com for the CFL November 5th money bomb.. they are a non-profit so we can legally do it without cost.

What do you guys think about expanding the idea? Having a rally in D.C.? Or a concert somewhere? something else?
    thanks, this is good news

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfShannarah View Post
    Having a single event on November 5th could be problematic. The general election is on November 4th and people need to be home to vote. The 5th also falls on a Wednesday in the midst of the work week with schools in session. Traveling to a single event location may be difficult or impossible for some or many. Absentee or early voting could help some... or, disparate, regional events might be a solution.

Logistically, it is a difficult date... maybe an online event?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    im going to bump cause im drunk and cause i really want to have a hold and bombs away thread!!!

so make this $#@! happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsie 567 View Post
    I just released the test version of the video. I am open for suggestions if anyone wants to comment. I think the combined rally is a great idea HELL YEA! I will fine tune the video early next it would be cool to get some feed back.

Trevor your awesome that is amazing news to here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT61QNTNBo0

Peace,
    Love the video!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Having a single event on November 5th could be problematic. The general election is on November 4th and people need to be home to vote. The 5th also falls on a Wednesday in the midst of the work week with schools in session. Traveling to a single event location may be difficult or impossible for some or many. Absentee or early voting could help some... or, disparate, regional events might be a solution.

Logistically, it is a difficult date... maybe an online event?
    I concur. There should be no other event the day of the money bomb. We just need to cross-promote at the march and rally.

So, are we going to kick off the official promotion of this on July 4th? In other words, will we have a working website by then, logo ready for t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc? I think the earlier we start pushing this the better.

Mod: Can you make this thread a sticky and/or a sub-forum?

I was gone for the weekend, and I just got back in. I would like to see the promotions effort kick off on Septmeber 2nd. I think we should put a countdown clock on the website which counts down until the 2nd.

The 2nd is a good idea for several reasons. It wont distract from other donation worthy causes in the meantime. The 2nd is the day of the RNC rally. And the CFL will also be greatly expanding their site most likely on the 2nd. If we start our promotions then, we still have two months to get the word out which will be ample time.

I also think we should have two options to pledge this time. There should be a pledge by email like usual, but also a pledge by IP address. Alot of people dont like giving out their emails and I have seen a ton of comlpaining about this.

I was gone for the weekend, and I just got back in. I would like to see the promotions effort kick off on Septmeber 2nd. I think we should put a countdown clock on the website which counts down until the 2nd.

The 2nd is a good idea for several reasons. It wont distract from other donation worthy causes in the meantime. The 2nd is the day of the RNC rally. And the CFL will also be greatly expanding their site most likely on the 2nd. If we start our promotions then, we still have two months to get the word out which will be ample time.

I also think we should have two options to pledge this time. There should be a pledge by email like usual, but also a pledge by IP address. Alot of people dont like giving out their emails and I have seen a ton of comlpaining about this.
    If you noticed, Trevor seems willing to let us use the URL.

And for your pledge idea, I agree.
    How about a button similar to the *DIGG* button, that allows you to increase the pledge number (obviously not decrease it) - but that somehow tracks IP address so you can only do it once?

There aren't many times were I'd do a money bomb any more, but I'd probably do this one.

Last edited by Jamsie 567; 11-05-2010 at 11:25 AM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is no doubt that we should start immediately.

Godspeed.

This is awesome! Great idea to use ThisNovember5th and hopefully we can do something even bigger than last year.

I'm not a big forum-poster, but I had a few thoughts I wanted to throw out...

IMHO, the campaign maybe hasn't made the most effective decisions in the past. I'm hopeful they got a new crew over there to run the CFL.... BUT... it was OUR ideas and collective efforts that got what little media coverage we got (which is pretty important in building our support base), along with the crazy fundraising success we had. The campaign managed to muddle through, but the most successful projects have come from these forums and the grassroots.

That said, does anyone think it's worth brainstorming other ideas before we commit to dumping lots of money into an entity that may or may not be operating effectively by November?

I continue to see brilliant ideas coming out of the grassroots - I'm just saying maybe we could come up with a couple of new ideas that would 100% support CFL and their/our mission, but still be effective regardless of the status of the CFL on Nov. 5th. Or maybe we could give people some options for a couple of different projects in addition to the CFL that they could donate to on the big day?

I'm really excited about the CFL's potential, and I hope they do exactly what they are trying to do. Just also saying that we're putting a lot of faith in an entity that hasn't yet demonstrated that they can put our money to it's best use, and in fact, have in the past made some questionable decisions with questionable results (from an effectiveness perspective).

Regardless of what ends up happening, you have my full support and I can't wait to help spread the word!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast