Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: All-America Ron Paul Walk--How was it?

  1. #1

    Default All-America Ron Paul Walk--How was it?

    Yesterday was the day to walk for Ron Paul. If you walked, please tell us your success stories....They're so encouraging!



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    In Los Angeles we had apparently over 60 people. Suffice to say my feet hurt like hell at the end of the day and I probably won't be able to walk normal for a few days.

    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1/photos/

  4. #3

    Default

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9977278...n/photostream/ - the first picture of a set from Chicago. The weather was beautiful, and the majority of the group walked about 7 miles. I guesstimate about 100 people came.

    Here's some more pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/1139471...7601699939389/
    Last edited by angelatc; 08-27-2007 at 08:04 AM.

  5. #4

    Default

    We had a walk to Ron Paul's Birthday BBQ in Texas City. Probably around 30 people did it, including some of Ron Paul's family. This link has pictures of the walk and of his birthday BBQ (about 1300 people there).

    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/722/photos/

  6. #5

    Default Phoenix rocked!!

    We had approximately 125 marchers in Phoenix! We had a great time. I'm going to post an email I got from one of our members:


    Today was one of the best days of my political life! It ranks right up there with the first time I was elected to a city council seat with 51% of the vote in a 4-way race, and the second time I was elected in a 3-way race with 78% of the vote. And it ranks up their with the excitement and exhilaration of voting for Ron Paul as the Libertarian Presidential candidate as a delegate at a Libertarian National Convention (I think it was 1988).

    Seeing, by my count, over 120 volunteers for Ron Paul suffer through the heat and the maze of construction along Central Ave. and still hoot and holler and have a great time together was wonderful. There truly is strength in numbers and Ron Paul's numbers are growing every day!

    Let me relate a few things that happened today as I interacted with people:

    As I was standing outside the stadium before the game a policeman walked by. I handed him a Ron Paul card. Our conversation went like this:
    Me: Here, have some information on Ron Paul, he's running for President.
    Him: No thanks, I don't like politicians.
    Me: Neither do I. And neither does Ron Paul, and politicians don't like him.
    Him: The last time I voted was for Ronald Reagan.
    Me: It's time for you to vote again. Ron Paul is against big government and high taxes, against the war in Iraq and for strong border security.
    Him: He sounds like my kind of guy. Thanks for the info.

    (He was reading the card as he walked away.....)

    Coming out of the ballpark, as I was walking with my wife, one fan saw my ReLOVEution shirt and yelled "go Ran Paul". He wasn't one of our peeps at the march, and he didn't have any Ron Paul identifying clothing or buttons on, just a kindred spirit I guess.

    We stopped for dinner on the way home at Logan's Steakhouse at Happy Valley and I-17. After we were seated a young waitress, about 20 years old, stopped at our table and said, "Who's Ron Paul". I told her who he was and handed her one of the business-size cards. (Soooo easy to carry these in your pocket or purse.) She said, "hey...cool". And she kept the card.

    About half way through dinner a waiter (not ours) who was about 25 yrs old came over, held out his hand and said, "I just want to shake your hand". He said he's a Ron Paul supporter and has looked at the Meet Up sites but hasn't joined yet. I gave him several of the Ron Paul cards to give to his friends, told him we're having some great Meet Up meetings and invited him to start attending. Later as he passed our table I took off the Ron Paul button I was wearing on my shirt and gave it to him. He immediately pinned it on his chest, right on top of the Logan's logo on his uniformed shirt. I told him not to get in trouble with that at work. He said if they asked him to take it off he would but he was going to try to wear it as he waited on other tables! How kewl is that!!!

    All in all it was a great day. Let's keep the momentum going. We've got no body's future to save but our own...and our kids of course. I'm looking forward with great anticipation and excitement to our coming events.

    A big shout out to EVERYONE that make today a great success, most of all to Ed and Kelly and Jo. You guys rock.

    I love those small business-size cards. I'm carrying them in my pocket everywhere I go and putting a few on the driver's side window whenever I'm in a parking lot. Just slip it part way down between the winder and the rubber molding just above the driver's door handle. It's classy, unobtrusive, won't blow away, and totally visible to the driver as she/he gets in the car.

    One last note: My son is a policeman in the Los Angeles area and a big Ron supporter. He as gone to the border on several occasions as a civilian and is also passing our RP literature. He went to a huge gun show on Saturday at the Orange Country Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, CA. The gun show was so big they needed 4 buildings to house it. There were Ron Paul booths inside 3 of the 4 buildings!

    What a weekend for Ron Paul huh?

    Dan Endsley

  7. #6

    Default

    In Mobile, AL we walked about 8 miles. We got lots of honks and thumbs up, which was encouraging. We got one "Hillary!" and one guy rolled down his window, pointed at us, and screamed something unintelligible.

    A local restaurant manager found us while we were still assembling and asked for some literature to put on the counter in his restaurant.

    We tried to parade through a mall but security came to escort us out before we got very far. We still managed to hand out a few slim jims and raise some eyebrows.

    One lady towards the end stopped and rolled down her window and said she was impressed because she had seen us a couple hours ago on the other side of town, and we gladly provided her with a slim jim

  8. #7

    Default

    reat work ! i hope you guys did inform the local press before the walk !
    did any press show up ?

  9. #8

    Default

    Don't just shout "Ron Paul", shout this!

  10. #9

    Default

    I was at the chicago walk.. it was great.. lots of people and tons of energy.. I'd have to guess it was closer to 150 people--we should have taken a head count. Did anyone from Chicago get video? We probably exposed the name Ron Paul to 100,000 people or more.. Was so fun to have thousands of people on the beach all staring at you.. :P

    We got mostly good feedback.. A couple said "bah, i'm voting for [obama,hillary]".. and one lady on a bike shouted "why don't you guys do something useful!" at us.. but we got a ton of honks and people yelling back at us "hell yeah, ron paul!".. haha.. overall many people probably didn't know who he was but i'd say as a group we handed out thousands of slim jims..
    Last edited by nullvalu; 08-27-2007 at 09:18 AM.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

  11. #10

    Default

    About 40 people at the Rochester NY walk. Downtown Rochester is pretty dead on Sundays, but we did get alot of honks and thumbs up at the freeway overpass. Alot of local PD cruising around and local tv cameraman was there.

  12. #11

    Default

    9:00
    I participated in the LA Walk and it was AWSOME! We started out at Highland and Hollywood and I thought we would have just a few show up..but it seemed like a sea of Ron Paul Supporters out there all holding many different types of signs. We had about 3 pacer cars that were filled with water and literture and signs...we decorated our cars and left about 9:30

    We had all sorts of different people in our walk, about 80+ people and along the way we picked up a skateboard crew which was very cool. One supporter had Roller skates on and was weaving in and out of traffic handing out lititure and holding a sign the whole time....It was crazy....I FEEL honored to have been a part of this political movement.

    We went down Melrose, stopped for lunch at the Farmers Market and finally ended up at the Beverly Center. The whole way through we got interested looks, many smiles and the Supporters flooded cars and businesses with Slim Jims and business card....it was like a political wave moving through Los Angeles

    It was EPIC and AWSOME...hope we get a chance to do it again soon...can't wait for the You Tubes!!!!

  13. #12

    Default

    About 10 members of the Flagstaff, AZ group walked about 4 miles and handed out hundreds of slim jims and flyers. Here are a few of us before the march:


  14. #13

    Default

    i was at the chicago march too and it was fun, hard work but i was a little disappointed with the turnout. i wish we had more people, but we made the best of it.

    i just can't believe people shout things like "Ron Paul is a nut!" (heard that twice), and "F*** Ron Paul!" (heard that 3 times). I know its obvious these people have no idea what they are talking about - but it is really hard to look them in the face sometimes, ya know?

    Chicago needs works. But strangely enough - getting into the elevator down to the parking garage was a lady holding a ron paul slim jim. she saw my shirt and our signs and looked over and asked "Is everything on this flyer for real? Is it all true? Because if it is, its almost too good to be true." We just looked at her, all sunburnt and tired - and told her that there's no way we would have spent 5 hours walking in the sun if it weren't. She was really excited - and that was definitely a nice way to end a long day.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nullvalu View Post
    Did anyone from Chicago get video?
    I saw several cameras. I hope somebody uploads to YouTube.


    one lady on a bike shouted "why don't you guys do something useful!" at us..
    You must have been near me. I heard that too. Marching for freedom, trying to save our civil liberties, taking an active interest in politics....not productive, thus speaketh the woman out on a leisurely bike ride on Sunday afternoon. Sigh. Probably an Obama voter.

    A guy in our group was calling "End The Draft BEfore It Starts!" which I promptly stole. I saw a young adult male looking at a card RP card he had been handed, and said that as I walked by him. He heard me, I could tell by the look on his face.

    People worry me. I hear almost all the politicians talking about increasing the troop strength, and yet the military is falling short on recruiting goals. Where do they think these troops are going to come from?

    but we got a ton of honks and people yelling back at us "hell yeah, ron paul!".. haha.. overall many people probably didn't know who he was but i'd say as a group we handed out thousands of slim jims..
    After the walk, my family went over to the Whole Foods Flavor Fest in Lincoln Park. We didn't have anything left to pass out, but we got compliments from several people on our t-shirts.

  16. #15

    Default

    Salt Lake City, Utah: We had a Birthday BBQ. About 35 members were in attendance. We had a ton of signs up, handed out slim-jims and flyer's. A "Drum Circle" takes place at this park every week. We used about 100 of the OzzFest flyer's which worked great for this crowd! I think we converted some people to our cause, spread the message of freedom and liberty, and had a great time!

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santana28 View Post

    Chicago needs works. But strangely enough - getting into the elevator down to the parking garage was a lady holding a ron paul slim jim. she saw my shirt and our signs and looked over and asked "Is everything on this flyer for real? Is it all true? Because if it is, its almost too good to be true." We just looked at her, all sunburnt and tired - and told her that there's no way we would have spent 5 hours walking in the sun if it weren't. She was really excited - and that was definitely a nice way to end a long day.
    People ask, does the campaign literature speak the truth about Ron Paul? My answer; That's why there is a media blackout of his presidential campaign.

  18. #17

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GMyNHc2t80

    Here's a grewat vid from Ohio....Please post any cool video you guys find...thanks!

  19. #18

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santana28 View Post
    i was at the chicago march too and it was fun, hard work but i was a little disappointed with the turnout. i wish we had more people, but we made the best of it.

    i just can't believe people shout things like "Ron Paul is a nut!" (heard that twice), and "F*** Ron Paul!" (heard that 3 times). I know its obvious these people have no idea what they are talking about - but it is really hard to look them in the face sometimes, ya know?

    Chicago needs works. But strangely enough - getting into the elevator down to the parking garage was a lady holding a ron paul slim jim. she saw my shirt and our signs and looked over and asked "Is everything on this flyer for real? Is it all true? Because if it is, its almost too good to be true." We just looked at her, all sunburnt and tired - and told her that there's no way we would have spent 5 hours walking in the sun if it weren't. She was really excited - and that was definitely a nice way to end a long day.
    if she was blond and with her husband i tagged her with it about a minute before

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I saw several cameras. I hope somebody uploads to YouTube.



    You must have been near me. I heard that too. Marching for freedom, trying to save our civil liberties, taking an active interest in politics....not productive, thus speaketh the woman out on a leisurely bike ride on Sunday afternoon. Sigh. Probably an Obama voter.

    A guy in our group was calling "End The Draft BEfore It Starts!" which I promptly stole. I saw a young adult male looking at a card RP card he had been handed, and said that as I walked by him. He heard me, I could tell by the look on his face.

    People worry me. I hear almost all the politicians talking about increasing the troop strength, and yet the military is falling short on recruiting goals. Where do they think these troops are going to come from?



    After the walk, my family went over to the Whole Foods Flavor Fest in Lincoln Park. We didn't have anything left to pass out, but we got compliments from several people on our t-shirts.
    one woman asked if he was for universal health care...
    a fair amount had their first question being which party does he stand for?
    an older lady on the beach was like waving no and when i was walking by said "so young and naive"

    most of the megaphone stuff was good but i don't think that one guy should have been going off about the fed, especially mentioning the rothchilds and such. you are not going to explain the intricacies of the federal reserve to people in a 20 second window while walking down the street blaring on a megaphone. not only that but i still don't fully understand them and have trouble believing this guy does either. there doesn't have to be a conspiracy for the fed to be bad. the simple fact that it is government meddling in the value of money that should be left to the free market is what is bad. it is not so much a conspiracy as it is a failure of keyensian economics and the attempt to forcibly control the value of a dollar by government. IMO !

  22. #21

    Default

    Reports are still coming in....It looks like we had a successful event....below is a blog that is probably typical of what happened across the country...don't expect to read about in the MSM....Take care... Want to put another National Event SOON.

    http://www.itsmynet.info/GARKO.blog/?p=439

    I would like the next event to focus on fundraising with participants raising money from pledges...we raised 100k in Riverside last year for the Arthritis foundation doing a walk for Arthritis. Let me know what you think?

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghemminger View Post
    Reports are still coming in....It looks like we had a successful event....below is a blog that is probably typical of what happened across the country...don't expect to read about in the MSM....Take care... Want to put another National Event SOON.

    http://www.itsmynet.info/GARKO.blog/?p=439

    I would like the next event to focus on fundraising with participants raising money from pledges...we raised 100k in Riverside last year for the Arthritis foundation doing a walk for Arthritis. Let me know what you think?
    From the blog:

    As we got to Beverly Hills, a radio station that I know called me and asked me if I could fill in for a hostÖso they put me on the air right then and there and we broadcast our walk and rally live! We passed the cell phone around and people told the listeners why they love Ron Paul. We got the Freedom Message out in person and remotely as well! Thank you all for attending! I find it hard to write down eloquently what a great day it was.
    wow, fantastic, great job organizing this George. It's great to see so many people experiance the "street". It's a blast

    and yes, the next event should include fundraising
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

    What others do pales beside what YOU do.

    Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

    "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

    ~ C.Coolidge

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9977278...n/photostream/ - the first picture of a set from Chicago. The weather was beautiful, and the majority of the group walked about 7 miles. I guesstimate about 100 people came.

    /url]
    Wish I could have been there. I came down with a cold on Saturday and wasn't up for walking yesterday.
    We will win this...

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghemminger View Post
    Reports are still coming in....It looks like we had a successful event....below is a blog that is probably typical of what happened across the country...don't expect to read about in the MSM....Take care... Want to put another National Event SOON.

    Well, did anyone call the local MSM to give them a heads-up about the events? This should be done beforehand with every event like this. It doesn't hurt to give them a call and they might just send someone out to cover it. They certainly aren't going to know about if no one tells them.
    We will win this...

  26. #25

    Default Grassroots Tool

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post
    Well, did anyone call the local MSM to give them a heads-up about the events? This should be done beforehand with every event like this. It doesn't hurt to give them a call and they might just send someone out to cover it. They certainly aren't going to know about if no one tells them.
    Just wanted to give you guys - specifically, Meet Up Organizers whose groups participated in the march - a heads up that a step-by-step, post-event press guidance thread is available at the RP Volunteer Network in the Member Discussions area (due to the strategic nature of the info., it needs to be distributed through back channels but not publicly posted). For anyone needing assistance with media, positioning and messaging, a more comprehensive guidance doc (press plan proposal) will follow this week.

    I hope the information will be useful to someone.

    http://ronpaulnetwork.info/forum/

    Yours in Liberty,
    Dena Turner

    .

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post
    Well, did anyone call the local MSM to give them a heads-up about the events? This should be done beforehand with every event like this. It doesn't hurt to give them a call and they might just send someone out to cover it. They certainly aren't going to know about if no one tells them.
    The campaign has said that they prefer to do press releases.

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The campaign has said that they prefer to do press releases.
    They may "prefer' to do press releases, but they are not handling their press responsibilities effectively. If we wait on them, we will have missed the boat by miles. In addition, HQ cannot possibly cover local press.

    Further, these events are not sponsored or endorsed by HQ; these events are grassroots events and should be promoted as such by the grassroots movement...and not the national HQ. Please refer to the guidance document referenced in the above post for specific strategy and "how to' guidelines.

    Yours in Liberty,
    Dena Turner

    (I am a marketing consultant with 20 years industry experience developing and managing national and local corporate campaigns. I am attempting to contribute my knowledge and experience for the benefit of the grassroots movement. It's available for the taking. )

  29. #28

    Default

    Our meetup group wasn't aware of this event in advance. I saw it mentioned on the comments of a youtube video the day before so I asked one of the organizers to add it to our meetup calendar in case anyone was available to do it last minute. It was posted with less than 24 hour notice and no time or location was listed. Even still, some of the members quickly made a game plan and we did it!

    The next challenge was the massive thunderstorm that hit shortly before we were going to start the march. We had to change plans and because of this we weren't able to meet up with everyone who tried to come but 7 of us found each other and waited out the storm. When a break in the rain came we hit the street and stayed until we were getting pretty wet and our signs were starting to bleed.

    Here are a few pictures of our march - http://ronpaul.meetup.com/31/photos/

    A picture from our march made it onto a state news site - http://www.virginianewssource.com/

    Obviously, ours was not as impressive as some but considering the very short notice and bad weather, I'm proud of our group!!

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlapItHigh View Post
    Our meetup group wasn't aware of this event in advance. I saw it mentioned on the comments of a youtube video the day before so I asked one of the organizers to add it to our meetup calendar in case anyone was available to do it last minute. It was posted with less than 24 hour notice and no time or location was listed. Even still, some of the members quickly made a game plan and we did it!

    The next challenge was the massive thunderstorm that hit shortly before we were going to start the march. We had to change plans and because of this we weren't able to meet up with everyone who tried to come but 7 of us found each other and waited out the storm. When a break in the rain came we hit the street and stayed until we were getting pretty wet and our signs were starting to bleed.

    Here are a few pictures of our march - http://ronpaul.meetup.com/31/photos/

    A picture from our march made it onto a state news site - http://www.virginianewssource.com/

    Obviously, ours was not as impressive as some but considering the very short notice and bad weather, I'm proud of our group!!
    Sorry about it Slap it HiGH! Oct 13th is next event!!!!! Plenty of notice

  31. #30

    Default

    I wanted to do this walk but my meetup group has been hijacked by conspiracy nuts and hard core libertarians. I think im going to start my own group, I'm not impressed with what the Chico CA group is doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. The Tulsa Ron Paul walk for america
    By Roxi in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 05:08 PM
  2. Ron Paul All America Walk | Who's getting ready?
    By FrankRep in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
  3. ALL AMERICA WALK FOR RON PAUL - OCT 13th
    By ghemminger in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 01:44 PM
  4. RON PAUL Walk Across America
    By ghemminger in forum Success Strategies
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 12:00 AM
  5. RON PAUL Walk Across America
    By ghemminger in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •