Thread: McCain Red hats in force at New Mexico Convention

McCain Red hats in force at New Mexico Convention

The Yes/No Red hated McCain Operatives made a showing at the New Mexico GOP Convention.

And the Unity Slate was in effect:

And there were rule changes to dilute our vote. (increasing the max at large votes from 20 to 40, and the max CD votes from three to six. From viewing the Unity Slate, this was clearly planned in advance).

Plus a Ron Paul supporter was kicked out because apparently we, according to Chairman Weh, were not using Robert's Rules of order. I still don't know what rules of order, if any, we were using. (Edit: Just found out that we were operating under the "rule of the gavel." In other words, who ever has the gavel, decides the rule. This way any dissenters can be kicked out of the convention.)

Despite all of this, One supporter of Ron Paul was elected as a delegate, and seven supporters were elected as alternates to the National convention. (All bound to McCain though.)

Plus, many people who were not Ron Paul supporters were clearly pissed at the Chairman. So much, that we may more easily be able to make changes in the state now that more people see how things are run at the State level.

--

Las Cruces Sun-News Article on the convention.
    Last edited by cnaw; 06-16-2008 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Update on Rules of order

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    where is 50 foot pole guy when you need him?

The McCain operatives were at the NC convention with their red hats but didn't use them (that I saw anyway) to direct the voting... but we didn't have enough delegates to get close enough on votes so they didn't really need to. I did notice that a lot of them were wearing the little ear piece things that the cops/secret service wear. Or maybe it was just that the secret service folks were all McCain supporters. heh.

I guess if you've got a convention coming up and expect some close votes then take along a red hat to wave. heheh..
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

I guess New Mexico has a convention every year, and the rules for an election year convention are set at the convention the year before. We need to show up in force next year and set rules that will favor us next time. Hopefully we can also oust that arrogant chairman at that time.

My understanding is that the Chairman (Allen Weh) is not planning on running again for the spot. So his actions at this Convention will have no negative consequences for him. We will have to work hard making sure that non of his underlings get the job.

The Repubs have treated Dr. Paul badly.

Scrotums.

I uploaded two short clips from the convention to my website, http://cnaw.us. I apologize for the quality; I had not planned to stick them online. (Dialup connections are fun ;-) )