Thread: Increasing Ron's campaign staff for free

Increasing Ron's campaign staff for free

I had an idea. Couldn't HQ expand the people that answer phones and email be people nationwide volunteers working out of their homes under approval and following HQ's guidelines? A program where HQ can listen in and monitor them. One would have to apply and pass just like all their other helpers. In this way HQ could expand as fast as the campaign grows and at no cost. And no one would get too burned out.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man from La Mancha View Post
    I had an idea. Couldn't HQ expand the people that answer phones and email be people nationwide volunteers working out of their homes under approval and following HQ's guidelines? A program where HQ can listen in and monitor them. One would have to apply and pass just like all their other helpers. In this way HQ could expand as fast as the campaign grows and at no cost. And no one would get too burned out.

I think it's a good idea. Companies do it all the time. Why not suggest it to them?
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

Quote Originally Posted by Sematary View Post
    I think it's a good idea. Companies do it all the time. Why not suggest it to them?
    I just sent them an email.

I work from home so Id be game to handle some emails during down time. Sounds like a good idea to me. Pulling it off may be tougher with the technology involved though.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The problem seems to be that such a method would create vast opportunities for nefarious activity. Too much of a risk.

I guess there may be a morass of FEC regulations to deal with too.

Quote Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
    The problem seems to be that such a method would create vast opportunities for nefarious activity. Too much of a risk.
    I agree. Too easy for folks to sign up and then start promoting their own agenda hitching it to Ron Paul's message. I'm against filtering free speech but I'm also about getting Ron Paul the maximum amount of votes possible. It's probably also impracticable that each supporter could appropriately direct inquiries to the appropriate person.

I think the national campaign overall is doing a good job. For the most part they are not getting in the way of the network of activists. I think of the national campaign a little like I would think of a Federal gov't. They are best when they are small and limited in their scope. Let them collect millions, fly RP around, hire him personal protection, and help with campaign materials and advertising. I trust the grassroots, and Ron himself, to do the rest.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul is truly a bad-ass with a heart of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    bad-ass with a heart of gold.
    That should be the campaign's new slogan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I agree. Too easy for folks to sign up and then start promoting their own agenda hitching it to Ron Paul's message. I'm against filtering free speech but I'm also about getting Ron Paul the maximum amount of votes possible. It's probably also impracticable that each supporter could appropriately direct inquiries to the appropriate person.

I would assume they monitor their staff at HQ. That is easy to do by listening to phone calls and reading emails randomly.