Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Debate Discussion

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol, just goes to show you, these stupid butt-licking neo-cons don't pick our leaders, we do.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We probably ARE going to have to go third party. But this exposure is a great start. Now they'll be talking about Ron Paul being anti-war and the Big Candidates we'll use him as a poster child. All excellent launching material for a third party candidate!

That said, shouldn't we be out among the great unwashed commenting on blogs and on newsites to spin things for RP?

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbler de Stebbing View Post
    Guess I'm no longer a Republican either, if the other nine on stage and the bloodthirsty audience represent the GOP.
    I agree. They have all been Hannitized. It seems like they are all too bullheaded and stubborn to even wonder if we could have engendered much of the hatred towards us. Is anyone attacking Japan? They are as free and decadent as we are. They have/had the world's second largest economy. The "they hate us for our freedom" argument is bull. Even if they did hate us for what we do with our freedom, then I'm sure they see our corrosive culture as an attack on theirs. Not to condone what they did. It's never right to kill innocents. But its wrong to think that "We're Americans, We can do no wrong!!" Total lack of thoughtfulness. Many people have given their minds over to the neo-cons.

Ron Paul spoke truth to power, thats very courageous and he`s the man.

If the other candidates can't get their supporters excited enough to vote in online polls, then they deserve their lousy results.

The big story out of these polls is that no of the other GOP candidates have bases willing to exert the effort to click a mouse button. Frankly, I think most of them are going for the "ho hum" vote.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbler de Stebbing View Post
    That said, shouldn't we be out among the great unwashed commenting on blogs and on newsites to spin things for RP?
    Here's one:
    Who won the second GOP debate?
    http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/th...hreadid=286491

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii Libertarian View Post
    BTW, that idiot Hannity said there was no way Paul won the debate--he is showing his true, neoconservative colors as a fake "conservative." I will no longer listen to his show or support his advertisers.
    Hannity is a Guiliani man, through and through. In his eyes, Dr. Paul handed Rudy the ability to win the night by disrespecting 9/11. But apparently the viewers didn't fall for it.

The look on Hannity's face when the first results came in? Priceless!

Tancredo is only at 3%? I thought he had a pretty good night.

I love Tancredo as well. He'd be my second choice and I think brownback would be my third.

Hannity's talking about Iran and North Korea as well. Lol, it took us four years so far to get nowhere in Iraq and these morons think we can handle Afghanistan, Iran, and North Korea.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I thought the first debate was more successful for Dr. Paul. In this debate he was outright ignored, and the 3 questions he had were very pointed. And then there was the whole Giuliani thing. I was hoping he would have been able to appeal to a new audience, I am worried that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWhaleHolyGrail View Post
    I thought the first debate was more successful for Dr. Paul. In this debate he was outright ignored, and the 3 questions he had were very pointed. And then there was the whole Giuliani thing. I was hoping he would have been able to appeal to a new audience, I am worried that is not the case.
    Why? He's winning all the polls so far.

hahahaha Ron Paul just saved some serious face there. Lets hope enough people saw that.

amazing, paul just managed to save a lot of face, and HAND IT to HANNITY! Thank you Colmes for giving him some air time.

Sean Hannity

I love the man's style. He asks a question. While Dr. Paul was trying to answer... Hannity interrupted. He didn't let him answer!

Also I loved the minute of air time.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone PLEASE get that up on YouTube.

Sigh. Maybe I should get cable just for the debates. Never watch tv otherwise, despite all the quality programming.

I am so absolutely furious with Hannity. What a bastard. Seriously. You invite the guy to clarify his remarks, and then when he's making sense, trying to clarify his misrepresented position, in typical Hannity fashion, he talks over him so he can't get his point out. What a fat mouthed bastard.

Ha ha - he totally schooled Hannity. Ron Paul is winning the internet polls but I am worried that he has not been given the opportunity to share his entire platform with the non-internet types.

Perhaps when the internet has reached a maturity where it is more commonplace that will mean people like Ron Paul are heard by all. Then we will look back at him as a vital groundbreaker in taking back our country from the establishment.

These idiots on Fox can't figure out that Dr. Paul HAS A LOT OF SUPPORT.

Not EVERY GOP person is a frikken WAR HUNGRY IDIOT.

Why is that so hard for them to believe that Dr. Paul has a lot of support when SEVENTY PERCENT of the whole country does NOT approve of this war?

Hannity just said he challenged Ron on it. LOL. Since when is talking over someone challenging them.

Quote Originally Posted by cujothekitten View Post
    What'd he say?
    Basically, Ron Paul said that he isn't running for republicans, he is running for the people. He won't run as an independent if he doesn't get the nod. Hannity then says "do you believe America is responsible for the attacks on 9/11". Paul responded with the truth that that was a complete cop-out, trying to make it sound like a vote for Paul is a vote against America. Hannity keeps pressing, Paul answered with a no. He then further explained that the CIA and common sense would indicate that if you keep putting restrictive and counterproductive measures against Muslim countries, they will get angry and a sound and intelligent foreign policy would have prevented it. Hannity then yells over him and says "so you have no morality and would let mass killings like when Saddam gassed the Kurds". Paul responded correctly in saying America has sat idly by for years while mass killings and human rights abuse have been happening, just like America and the gassing of the Kurds. Paul then said if you want to wage war you have to declare it, Hannity said some trash about how it was and there is nothing in the constitution saying such a thing.

Oh yeah, Colmes earlier asked him how could he be libertarian if he is pro-life, and he responded that it he is correct in the realm of the constitution and it is states business.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Master View Post
    Oh yeah, Colmes earlier asked him how could he be libertarian if he is pro-life, and he responded that it he is correct in the realm of the constitution and it is states business.
    That was just such a dumbass question.

Libertarians aren't official pro-choice, libertarians are split on the issue, and regardless we aren't in favor of federal funding or usurping states rights.

Colmes is a dumbass and so is Hannity.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWhaleHolyGrail View Post
    Ha ha - he totally schooled Hannity. Ron Paul is winning the internet polls but I am worried that he has not been given the opportunity to share his entire platform with the non-internet types.
    He wasn't able to get it his message out as well at this debate, but it's still the same as what we saw in the first one.

As far as sharing his platform with non internet types, that's where the internet people come in. Time to hit the streets.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Being pro-life is consistent with the libertarian defense of life, liberty, and property.

More of the Same

As one would expect, the establishment media shrills are already writing their obituaries for the Paul candidacy, ridiculing his exchange with Giuliani, and taking cheap shots.

Still, many of the MSM are not highlighting this too much, so their strategy still seems to be marginalizing Dr. Paul by minimizing any coverage of him.

Surprisingly, the comments on two recent New York Times articles about the debate have included quite a few positive comments on Dr. Paul and his views.

As usual, the "establishment" conservatives at the National Review, U.S. News and World Report, and other MSM seem to have written off Dr. Paul.

It's not as bleak as it might seem. As of 1:00 PM EDT today, Dr. Paul is still solidly leading the MSNBC online poll with a 45 percent positive rating over second place Romney who is at 25 percent, and Giuliani third at 24 percent, with a total of 26,592 votes cast so far.

It will be interesting to learn the Nielsen ratings for the debate. Either the other Republican campaigns must be writing off the MSNBC online poll, or they are for the most part unable to energize their grassroots activists, despite a huge organizing and financial advantage.

The Fox poll only managed a total 40K plus votes from people who cared enough to vote and had cell phones and knew how to text message.

The way I read these results, the other campaigns are not generating that much excitement, despite the audience cheers for Giuliani in the hall last night.

We still have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how Dr. Paul places in the upcoming "scientific" polls.

Quote Originally Posted by jimvkruse View Post
    Being pro-life is consistent with the libertarian defense of life, liberty, and property.
    Pro-choicer use property as an argument for abortion. A woman owns her own body so she can choose what happens to it. Since a fetus is attached to her body it is part of her.

It can be, and is, argued with life vs. property. Personally I'm on the fence with this issue.

They try and argue that way by dehumanizing the fetus. Obviously, many scientists and doctors (like Dr. Paul) say that a pregnant woman represents two lives, not just one, and that both lives should be protected by the Constitution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12