Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Israel attack on Iran 'unavoidable'

Israel attack on Iran 'unavoidable'

http://www.reuters.com/article/lates.../idUSL06251958

"An Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear sites looks "unavoidable" given the apparent failure of sanctions to deny Tehran technology with bomb-making potential, one of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's deputies said on Friday."

Any thoughts? War drums seem to be beating even louder....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sometimes you've gotta do what you gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raditude View Post
    Yup...
    11:02 PM [Mitt Romneys sideburns] Mormonism is like a Sean Hannity wet dream of patriotism
    4:45 PM [Kludge] No name-calling, please, Jer-Bear.
    4:49 PM [MRoCkEd] I don't support Ron Paul
    7:45 PM [stormcommander] if you want to do it at night, i will be at ccsu
    2:28 PM [Kludge] Fucking kids fucking their ****-fucking-sexuals goddam Jew fuckers....
    12:40 AM [Old Ducker] kludge and I both worship the same goddess
    12:42 AM [Old Ducker] it comes down to josh

Got news for ya...Ron Paul would probably support this in the same way he supported Israels attack on Iraq in 1980.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Yeah...except that they are getting ballsy with/because of US backing. Not cool...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/126416

""We reached agreement on the need to take care of the Iranian threat," Olmert said after the meeting. "I left with a lot less question marks [than I had entered with] regarding the means, the timetable restrictions and America's resoluteness to deal with the problem."

"George Bush understands the severity of the Iranian threat and the need to vanquish it, and intends to act on the matter before the end of his term in the White House," Olmert reportedly said..."

Not exactly what Dr.Paul would approve of....(IMHO)

Christ, ya know hearing this $#@! just really makes me wonder if I should just go ahead and join the military now so I at least don't have to worry about being drafted. And I think the benefits would probably be better than a draftee at least...meh, terrible thoughts...

^^Wow, you're really $#@!ing smart.
    Theocrat on the Holocaust and the current 1,000,000+ dead in Iraq:

You're probably going to hate me for saying this, but that wasn't God's chastisement. It was His sovereign wrath and justice upon those people. Of course, that won't make any sense to you if you fail to understand the doctrine of God's sovereignty. It's a very deep subject, indeed.
    I.E.: Why Christianity is not that great.

Neither Obama nor McCain will rule out nuking Iran's enrichment facilities.

A draft is inevitable if foreign policy is not drastically changed.
    Last edited by OptionsTrader; 06-07-2008 at 07:56 PM.

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It will be sad for all 3 of our countries if it comes to that.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Considering the United States is the only country in the history of the world to ever use the atomic bomb on another nation, the US nuking Iran for/with Israel is completely on the table for Mccain or Obama.

But they don't have-

no, forget it.

I'd rather argue with Theocrat, he's at least the kind of crazy that keeps you entertained

...and the Dow dropped and oil jumped...

70% of Americans are against the war in Iraq, so I'd assume the same percentage would be against invading Iran.

The greatest tragedy is in the American people allowing the government to gain so much power that the will of the people is irrelevant, not only that, they take our money to make it happen.

There's got to be a way to cut them off, we supposedly hold more power than them. Jesus.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

We were out of town Friday, so when we left we saw gas prices were 10 cents less than when we returned. Everyone (news wise Friday night)was blaming the oil increase strictly on the jobs report which I thought odd. I agree, there seems like there was a bit more to the anxiousness than originally reported. Funny how there is a disconnect at the pump when the futures price drops but it will increase instantaineously...

I agree there is a definate disconnect between those who are supposedly employed by us in the higher ranks here in the US. I think many people buy into a theory of needing to eradicate the "Iranian threat" though. The US government has lost so much credibility with me that they could tell me my house was on fire and I would not believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. I wish there was some way to stop them from proceeding down the path that will be devastating for everyone....

It is the path to Bush's martial law. Power to Bush seems to be the same as the ring in Lord of the Rings.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If we were not their main supplier, i would fully support Israel doing this.
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
    Nietzsche

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Jefferson

"The Only Church That Illuminates Is A Burning Church."
    Durruti - leader of Spanish Anarchists

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
    Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by lukeownzu View Post
    Yup...
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Got news for ya...Ron Paul would probably support this in the same way he supported Israels attack on Iraq in 1980.
    The three of you, are absolute geniuses if there ever were any.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sidster View Post
    I just scratched my head every time, you made the connection, excellent. Hats off to you sir.

As Ron Paul said we stood up to Russia with thousands of warheads why should we be threatened by Iran which has not threatened us. Did anyone listen to the debates? Others have nukes, why should Iran be denied one? Pakistan has them and the US has funded them. Israel has nukes and is a middle east country. Numerous countries have nukes and so will Iran. We have no right to determine thier course of self determination, any more than they have a right to determine ours. I hope they figure it out diplomatically but we cant be hypocritical.
    Where is John Galt?

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    We have no right to determine thier course of self determination, any more than they have a right to determine ours. I hope they figure it out diplomatically but we cant be hypocritical.
    Well said!!

I'm hopeful for a draft; it is only then, when the majority of our generation is directly affected, will they force the warmongers in Washington to change their ways.

As for me, there is no way in hell that I would let myself be drafted by the traitorous chickenhawks in Washington, to go to war on behalf of Zionist and other lobbyist interests. It is better to be a political prisoner than it would be to be a murderer for the sake of unjust political interests.

On the topic of Israel, I have heard it said many times by our politicians that Iran can not be "allowed" to have nuclear technology because it is not a mature, stable nation. Israel and Zionist fanatics have stated repeatedly that if they are attacked, they will not only nuke the aggressor, but will proceed to nuke its surrounding Arab neighbors as well. Tell me, is this a sign of a "mature" and "stable" democracy? If you say yes, then take the Jewish interest money out of your pocket first, and then answer.
    "If we wish to be free--if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending--if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained--we must fight!"

I'm hopeful for a draft; it is only then, when the majority of our generation is directly affected, will they force the warmongers in Washington to change their ways.

Exactly...Spot on ! When people realize the cost they will see the value in it.
    Where is John Galt?

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

Quote Originally Posted by sophocles07 View Post
    ^^Wow, you're really $#@!ing smart.
    I sense sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    I'm praying Israel gets the nuke and the U.S. pussies out.
    Yeah let Iran fire the nuke at innocent people instead of the innocent people bombing it where it sits so they don't get fried. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir Wotansvolk View Post
    But they don't have-

no, forget it.

I'd rather argue with Theocrat, he's at least the kind of crazy that keeps you entertained
    You shouldn't have to take intimidation. Israel shouldn't have to be intimidated by Iran either.

I sense sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I just scratched my head every time, you made the connection, excellent. Hats off to you sir.
    I sense sarcasm

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I sense sarcasm

Yeah let Iran fire the nuke at innocent people instead of the innocent people bombing it where it sits so they don't get fried. Geez.

You shouldn't have to take intimidation. Israel shouldn't have to be intimidated by Iran either.

I sense sarcasm

I sense sarcasm
    tell us something friend (<-- now that is sarcasm), are you really a
    Ron Paul supporter? Or are you an Israeli propagandist who is here
    to try to SPAM us with pro-Israel crap. Got Megaphone?

Do you really think in such a embarrassingly simplistic way?

1. Are all of the people in Israel “innocent”?
    2. Are all of the people in Iran “guilty”?
    3. Do you think that Iran—contrary to evidence—is making a warhead to attack Israel any time soon; or do you think it is a ploy by the dictators of Iran to manipulate global politics? Do you think the Iranian people support this monolithically?
    4. Do you think that Iran is unjustified in developing warheads to defend itself against Israel, with over 150 nuclear warheads, while at the same time the US is chest-beating its way to a war with Iran? All of this when Iran sits beside a country just entirely demolished by the US (and its Israeli-British allies)?
    5. Do you ever entertain historical situations instead of taking the Bush-McCain-CNN-FOX news line of things?

You're probably going to hate me for saying this, but that wasn't God's chastisement. It was His sovereign wrath and justice upon those people. Of course, that won't make any sense to you if you fail to understand the doctrine of God's sovereignty. It's a very deep subject, indeed.

3. Do you think that Iran—contrary to evidence—is making a warhead to attack Israel any time soon; or do you think it is a ploy by the dictators of Iran to manipulate global politics? Do you think the Iranian people support this monolithically?
    4. Do you think that Iran is unjustified in developing warheads to defend itself against Israel, with over 150 nuclear warheads, while at the same time the US is chest-beating its way to a war with Iran? All of this when Iran sits beside a country just entirely demolished by the US (and its Israeli-British allies)?
    5. Do you ever entertain historical situations instead of taking the Bush-McCain-CNN-FOX news line of things?
    My prediction to Raditude's response to the above:

Quote Originally Posted by Raditude
    I sense sarcasm

tell us something friend (<-- now that is sarcasm), are you really a
    Ron Paul supporter? Or are you an Israeli propagandist who is here
    to try to SPAM us with pro-Israel crap. Got Megaphone?
    I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but like every candidate out there, I don't support every decision. I actually believe that war is necessary at times. Ron Paul knows that as well, but I don't know if he'll go to war every time it's needed.

I can think long and hard about something, or I can be simple, it just depends on the issue. I am someone of great intellect and sound mind and judgment. I don't need to use extravagant words, long drawn out sentences, and the deep underlying root of the issue to make my statement... especially when there is a simple answer.

I can't say that they are, but why drop a bomb on them?

No, but bombing the site of the nuclear facility, will take out the ones who are guilty of building the nukes.

You never know. I don't know what goes through their heads, and don't really care to know. Basically, no one should have nukes, and since they have a history of hostility and terrorism, they definitely shouldn't have them.

Israel isn't a threat. They want to live in peace and have the right to do that even if it means defending themselves. The other countries don't want to accept Israel, and have threatened them many times.

I look at history. Throughout history, it's been a trend for the Muslim nations to be hostile toward Israel. Israel just wants to be left alone.

Just about everybody hates war, but the smart people realize that sometimes it's a necessary part of life. Bush and McCain realize that, and so do I. This doesn't mean I support everything they do or did, but I'd take either of them over Obama or Hillary. Of course, Ron Paul is my first choice.

I rarely watch Fox News, especially since I don't have cable anymore.

My prediction to Raditude's response to the above:

Prediction Wrong

I can think long and hard about something, or I can be simple, it just depends on the issue. I am someone of great intellect and sound mind and judgment. I don't need to use extravagant words, long drawn out sentences, and the deep underlying root of the issue to make my statement... especially when there is a simple answer.
    Alas: the answer to 1+1 is simple; global politics with centuries of back-history is not. Now apply this to speaking.

I can't say that they are, but why drop a bomb on them?
    That’s not my point. My point is that you talk in black and white, simplistic terms.

Like George W. Bush: “thuh evul dooers” etc.

No, but bombing the site of the nuclear facility, will take out the ones who are guilty of building the nukes.
    Above post applies here as well.

You never know. I don't know what goes through their heads, and don't really care to know. Basically, no one should have nukes, and since they have a history of hostility and terrorism, they definitely shouldn't have them.
    Should Israel have nukes? Do you think Iran is in any way a threat to a country with that many nukes and the complete backing of the most powerful nation in the world?

Seriously?

Israel isn't a threat. They want to live in peace and have the right to do that even if it means defending themselves. The other countries don't want to accept Israel, and have threatened them many times.
    Ah, well, we now see you’re entirely out of touch with reality.

see for starters: http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Is...raelWatch.html

Again, you are applying absurdly simplistic, 1+1 Fox News logic to complicated situations. Whereas I, like Ron Paul, assume that both Israel and its surrounding nations, all are PEOPLE and not simply EVIL ONES and GOOD, HOLY HAGEE MEN.

I look at history. Throughout history, it's been a trend for the Muslim nations to be hostile toward Israel. Israel just wants to be left alone.
    Throughout history since when? Since Jewish Zionists terrorized their way into the lives of millions of people, through military force established a Zionist-Nationalist state and then continue at attempted expansion (i.e., bulldozing homes, killing people etc)? Or does your version of history only navigate its way through the reaction of people to this sort of thing?

Just about everybody hates war, but the smart people realize that sometimes it's a necessary part of life. Bush and McCain realize that, and so do I. This doesn't mean I support everything they do or did, but I'd take either of them over Obama or Hillary. Of course, Ron Paul is my first choice.
    You’re $#@!ing stupid. Bottom line. None of the above matter; the difference is so slight it’s ridiculous. It’s like the other thread comparing Hitler to Stalin: they’re all bad, tyrannical murderers. Ron Paul excepted obviously. I do not believe you are a Paul supporter having read your above quote.

Should Israel have nukes? Do you think Iran is in any way a threat to a country with that many nukes and the complete backing of the most powerful nation in the world?

Seriously?
    No I don't think anyone should have nukes. Not Iran. Not Israel. Not the United States. No One.

Being the most powerful nation in the world and all, did we think the Taliban was a threat before 9/11? I mean, come on, they're just a little country out there in the middle of the desert... they can't hurt us. [/obama]

You’re $#@!ing stupid. Bottom line. None of the above matter; the difference is so slight it’s ridiculous. It’s like the other thread comparing Hitler to Stalin: they’re all bad, tyrannical murderers. Ron Paul excepted obviously. I do not believe you are a Paul supporter having read your above quote.
    Grow up, and stop acting like an emo kid. I'd tell you to go cut yourself, but Ron Paul needs all the votes he can get at the moment, so at least stay alive long enough to get him elected.

Meanwhile, back at the argument: If I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter, why would I waste my time here? I care about my country, and I care about The Holy Land (Israel), and last time I checked I have a right to voice my opinion, be it popular or not. I am voting for Ron Paul so I can continue exercising that right, along with many others.

As for arguing, there's no point. Why should I explain my point of view to someone on the internet, on such a minute subject as this. There's greater troubles on the home front to argue over.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast