Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Need Someone Who can Sing the National Anthem at the March!

We Need Someone Who can Sing the National Anthem at the March!

Preferably a cappella. Anyone?

As per request - the date is Saturday, July 12th, 2008. The time will probably be around high noon or thereabouts. The locaton is the West side of Capitol Hill in D.C.
    Last edited by Deborah K; 06-03-2008 at 08:44 PM. Reason: a request for date, time, and location
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hhhmmmm....
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Pick me if you want a lame comedy act!
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Pick me if you want a lame comedy act!

LOL

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Get Rosanne Barr! ;>)
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

LOL!

Seriously! We need a singer for this.

How about local talent in the D.C. area? I'm sure there are some high school or college students who would be interested!

You need someone to sing Dixie?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

My 2 high school daughters can sing well.
    If God himself got off his throne, descended from the heavens, trumpetted at my door, and announced that I was wasting my time trying to get Ron Paul into the Whitehouse, I would thank him for his concern and ask him to leave me to my business. I've wasted lots of time on far less noble causes. ~RockEnds

Quote Originally Posted by liberteebell View Post
    My 2 high school daughters can sing well.
    Are you in the area, or planning to attend? Can you send me a utube of them?

There are several Universities in DC with Music Programs and Departments... Howard, The Catholic University, University of Maryland (I would not bother with Galludet, GW, Trinity, American or Georgetown). They have summer programs and you could find an individual or small chorus. Some have summer band programs as well. You also have the Marine Band (they work all year and are pretty good) as well as the Army chorus and band. DC also has the children's opera theatre and most of these organizations have members (or students) who would volunteer their services.

A few quick calls and you should be able to find what you need.

Oh... the congressional staffers also have a chorus

The Catholic University: (202) 319-5305
    Howard University: (202) 806-2763
    University of Maryland: (301) 314-7064
    Marine Corp Band (booking): (703) 614-1405
    Army Chorus and Band: (703) 696-3718
    The Congressional Chorus: http://www.congressionalchorus.org/
    Last edited by Tarzan; 06-03-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: added numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    There are several Universities in DC with Music Programs and Departments... Howard, The Catholic University, University of Maryland (I would not bother with Galludet, GW, Trinity, American or Georgetown). They have summer programs and you could find an individual or small chorus. Some have summer band programs as well. You also have the Marine Band (they work all year and are pretty good) as well as the Army chorus and band. DC also has the children's opera theatre and most of these organizations have members (or students) who would volunteer their services.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    I love the idea of an armed service's chorus singing at the march...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Not tooting my own horn here, but I have sang and played guitar since I was nine years old...never mind how many years ago that was...
    but I also have sung the National Anthem on television before the Wichita Thunder hockey games, and also on national television before the Green Bay games hockey games.

I am able, and I would be willing. I have some mp3's of my band, and me singing, if you are interested. Let me know.

Cool

Wish we could get Miller Anderson...

History

* Savoy Brown
    * Blood Sweat & Tears
    * T-Rex
    * Donovan
    * Mountain
    * Deep Purple
    * The Spencer Davis Group

http://www.milleranderson.co.uk/
    Last edited by IPSecure; 06-03-2008 at 08:44 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Catholic University: (202) 319-5305
    Howard University: (202) 806-2763
    University of Maryland: (301) 314-7064
    Marine Corp Band (booking): (703) 614-1405
    Army Chorus and Band: (703) 696-3718
    The Congressional Chorus: http://www.congressionalchorus.org/

Awesome! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Wolfe View Post
    Not tooting my own horn here, but I have sang and played guitar since I was nine years old...never mind how many years ago that was...
    but I also have sung the National Anthem on television before the Wichita Thunder hockey games, and also on national television before the Green Bay games hockey games.

I am able, and I would be willing. I have some mp3's of my band, and me singing, if you are interested. Let me know.

Send em to me, Susan.

my suggestions

Liberty University has a singing group called "the voices of liberty". They sang at the march for life this past January in Washington. Ron Paul spoke at this event and I am sure he left an impression on these folks and they are relatively close to the area and from my understanding, are always looking for places to perform outside of the campus. You can find youtube videos from that event and some of them show the group performing (sorry I do not have links).

If they do not work out than may I suggest Aimee Allen. She has a very distinct voice and almost everyone in this movement knows who she is. I would also suggest Marc Scibillia since he is going to be there already.

(I would not bother with Galludet,
    L-O-L
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

See what you think of this version from the rally in Louisville KY! I thought they were awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6KSXuQEi58
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

(I would not bother with Galludet, GW, Trinity, American or Georgetown).

HA! Gallaudet University is my alma mater! To set records straight, they do not have any vocal singers because it is DEAF University....

They can sing in American Sign Language only, I'm lil embarrassed to say this. I was one of 6 students who sang and signed National Anthem at RedSkins Football Game (1992). Great experience tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Are you in the area, or planning to attend? Can you send me a utube of them?
    I'm not far from DC and I'm planning to attend. Don't currently have a youtube but can make one.

However, my vote goes for the military band and/or chorus doing the National Anthem. How cool would that be!?
    If God himself got off his throne, descended from the heavens, trumpetted at my door, and announced that I was wasting my time trying to get Ron Paul into the Whitehouse, I would thank him for his concern and ask him to leave me to my business. I've wasted lots of time on far less noble causes. ~RockEnds

I'd do it, but I want to help attract support for Ron Paul, not repel it. And the resulting barrage of flying rotten produce the second I opened my mouth would not help that aim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Emanuel Watkins View Post
    A fart is change. Our founding fathers did a lot more than just fart.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    See what you think of this version from the rally in Louisville KY! I thought they were awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6KSXuQEi58
    WOW, I just listened to these young folk-They are fantastic!!! It is not easy to sing the national anthem A Capella in perfect harmony they way they did it-it brought tears to my eyes just listening, its so beautiful!!! They sing it with the reverence and sincerity this song deserves, and every note is perfect! My siblings and I used to get together and sing A Capella, and I can tell you firsthand, this is a challenging song to sing in harmony, because of the wide range of the notes, but these guys have it perfected. I have never heard them prior to this, but please choose them-they will inspire the hearts and minds and the way they sing it, will make others really think about the shape our country is in today.

Quote Originally Posted by asgardshill View Post
    I'd do it, but I want to help attract support for Ron Paul, not repel it. And the resulting barrage of flying rotten produce the second I opened my mouth would not help that aim.
    My mother has a great ear and a beautiful voice. My father had a tin ear. So, of course I inherited from him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

late bump, but have singers been settled on yet? If not I know a barbershop quartet with a couple R3volutionaries in it that might be interested...
    Last edited by HippyChimp; 06-28-2008 at 08:17 AM.
    ------------------
    carpe libertatum

http://www.myspace.com/carpe_libertas

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    Wow! hadn't seen that yet. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by HippyChimp View Post
    late bump, but have singers been settled on yet? If not I know a barbershop quartet with a couple R3volutionaries in it that might be interested...
    Yes, I am curious, also...

~ C.Coolidge

I sang the National Anthem for the SAn Antonio Spurs game. What's the pay? is Travel included? TONES

I have a suggestion. You could try to get one of the military bands tasked to play at the march. I was in the Army Band for 7 years..and we played for all sorts of events. You have some right around the area. They are fantastic and they do it for free.(well for tax dollars lol) but they typically have wonderful vocalists and they could open up the event..before the speakers...fabulous patriotic music. If you are interested better do it now...it would be easy enough for them to get there if they aren't out of town. You have to call the band hall and talk to the NCO in charge of tasking and put in a request. They might like to do it. They also have rock bands, jazz ensembles etc. I think that would be a great way to start the entertainment off. TONES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast