Thread: Breaking Story: GOP Breakin, Who and Why?

Breaking Story: GOP Breakin, Who and Why?

Interesting breaking story. Who would ever want to break into the GOP Offices? Most are breaking out of GOP. One has to ask, who is the Establishment Republicans doing business with? I can't imagine anyone with a motive. I do hope the Police will investigate whether it has been done for political reasons. The efforts of such a police investigation should be investigated with the same intense power of the Watergate, including consideration of both political parties. The Presidency of the United States race is serious business, there is much at stake. A proper political free investigation should be conducted with ethics and trust. I thought the comments were a bit wierd by the GOP Chairman Dave Dishaw "the damage has been cleaned, but the time lost is irreplaceable." No focus on the computer and the data taken or the focus on the evidence collection process. Seems odd. It's been cleaned up and concern over time? I guess I would think it would be an effort to recover the computer and ensure that the police have gather the information needed for the investigation, and we will wait for the police to announce their findings. Instead the GOP is going to "update" supporters on their website? Wierd stuff.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/in...810.xml&coll=6

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Grand Rapids office doesn't exactly carry the same weight as a break in at a party's national headquarters a la 1972.

Interesting nonetheless. Thanks for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I hate to say it, but this can be common during election season. Many campaigns have to hire night time security guards.

Here is a more interesting story.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...52C0A96F958260

Then the same office gets broken into again. I guess they forgot something.

Watergate-style thefts a
    set-up, says Netanyahu

ISRAELI Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu suggested yesterday that Watergate-style burglaries at the Washington offices of political strategists for his main rival may have been set up to embarrass him.
    On Tuesday, for the second time in a week, burglars broke into to the Washington offices of US pollster Stanley Greenberg and reportedly took information on Ehud Barak's campaign for the prime ministership.
    "We witness, suddenly, a second break-in. The first was absurd but the second, in the same place, occurred while the FBI was watching," Netanyahu said. "I hope that we aren't dealing with political provocations whose intent is to create false accusations."
    Barak said he wasn't worried that the stolen material could damage him. "I don't think a failing government can use or somehow improve from papers," Barak said. "Someone is in a serious panic if he is willing to pay so much money so that people will carry out criminal break-ins."
    Another Barak associate, American political consultant Steve Rabinowitz, said Barak's political opponents were responsible. "It's clear beyond a shadow of a doubt there's no coincidence," he said. But Netanyahu retorted: "This is a theatre of the absurd. It's an attempt to spread clouds of false accusations against Likud."
    Seven Israeli aides to Barak, Labour Party leader, have also reported break-ins at their homes and offices recently. Barak's campaign manager, Tal Silberstein, said it was too much of a coincidence for the Washington and Israel break-ins not to be related. Israel's general election is set for May 17.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=2&gl=us

a criminal organization wants the lowdown on the michigan g.o.p?
    this has echoes of 1972. those laptops would have names and addresses.
    the d.c story also compounds this in terms of a nefarious set of actions and activities.
    Last edited by Aratus; 06-03-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Really this is common? I didn't know that. It is interesting none the less. It will be interesting if the police actually find the source of the breaking and what exactly was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    Really this is common? I didn't know that. It is interesting none the less. It will be interesting if the police actually find the source of the breaking and what exactly was taken.
    Might be interesting. If we never get any further word about it, however, that would certainly keep it from fascinating us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Send in the 9/11 Commission to thoroughly investigate and get to the bottom of this.
    Last edited by Truth Warrior; 06-03-2008 at 12:37 PM.

seriously... this has its political aspects... this is on top of this year's dirty tricks... we have two primaries tonite

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly, media has called the race for Obama, pre convention politics, forced Media Presidency, forget the people, the media can do it all by itself.

I don't support Hillary, but I hope she takes it to the Floor!

I have seen a number of Republican campaign offices vandalized over the years.

Especially if Republicans operate in the heart of enemy territory, they steal signs all day long, sometimes within fifty yards of the headquarters at 3:00 A. fifty feet high on a telephone poll.

It is worth it to have a paid security guard stay overnight in larger headquarters.

We have even followed sign thieves and video taped them from our car.

They seem to work twenty four hours a day during the election.