Thread: New Federal Reserve Board Vacancy

New Federal Reserve Board Vacancy

http://www.cnbc.com/id/24859371/for/cnbc

CNBC questions whether congress is "playing politics" with the Federal Reserve as they now have 3 vacancies. Is there any doubt politics are involved? Ron Paul wants to abolish the Fed or at least have more oversight.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nominate me. I solemnly promise to be the least of the evils in contention for the vacancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I think Bush needs to nominate you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLSteven View Post
    I think Bush needs to nominate you.
    Why not? Let's see just how low his approval ratings can get. After all, he's got nothing left to lose in that department.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Why not try to get Ron Paul in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir Wotansvolk View Post
    Well, he is qualified for the job. He is equally qualified to be an abortion doctor, too. I don't see him applying for either job.

Because...he..hates the fed?

This shows the Fed is obviously a political entity and not just a benign banking institution carefully "stabilizing" the economy.

Who makes these bubbles in the first place?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RideTheDirt View Post
    Because...he..hates the fed?
    Could he not provide expertise and work towards changing Fed policy? If the Reserve can be used to destabilize our currency, it can certainly also be used to stabilize it, provided the right people were in control.

The reason I proposed this is that I brought up the Federal Reserve issue to a guest in my Econ class, and he mentioned that "Steve Forbes is mad as hell", and trying to secure himself a position on the board to try to patch things up.

These Fed members are selected from a list made by the banks. I am sure the banks in control currently would never want to see someone like Ron Paul lessen their power.

And do all of the banks wish to see our monetary system destroyed? I'll admit I'm far from knowledgeable on this subject, but I believe its better to try to find allies inside of an opposing entity rather than try to crush it outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir Wotansvolk View Post
    And do all of the banks wish to see our monetary system destroyed? I'll admit I'm far from knowledgeable on this subject, but I believe its better to try to find allies inside of an opposing entity rather than try to crush it outright.
    No, I am sure they don't wish that.

Maybe there is some way to improve it from the inside...We have to keep open minds.