Thread: 2000 - Barr votes for Medicare Prescription Drug Bill - $159 billion from 2001-2010

2000 - Barr votes for Medicare Prescription Drug Bill - $159 billion from 2001-2010

Last edited by OptionsTrader; 05-26-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OptionsTrader: "Barr pooped in his diaper as an infant."

Yeah, you've got a bug up your butt, we get that already.

What are you doing to PROMOTE the rEVOLution?

Here is a fuller account of Barr's record:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136012

Here is his presidential platform:

http://www.lp.org/issues/platform_all.shtml

Here is Bob Barr's issues section on his website:

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/issues/
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

i have my reservations about barr as well but there is no need to flood the board with a million of these threads

why dont you make one thread and put all your $#@! in i dont have a whole lot of time when i come here and i dont need all this cluttering up the new posts list
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    What are you doing to PROMOTE the rEVOLution?
    Supporting RON PAUL!

Here is a fuller account of Barr's record:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136012
    I don't give a sh!t... we are supporting RON PAUL here. You might
    consider that you just might be in the wrong forum.

Here is his presidential platform:

http://www.lp.org/issues/platform_all.shtml
    As I said, we don't give a ass' rat...

Here is Bob Barr's issues section on his website:

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/issues/
    Talk is cheap....

I'm impressed by RON PAUL and his consistent stance on issues
    and policies. That's why he has our support.

Switching to someone who supported the Patriot Act is inconceivable
    for any true libertarian.

I must point out once more, are you certain you are in the right
    forum?

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    i have my reservations about barr as well but there is no need to flood the board with a million of these threads

why dont you make one thread and put all your $#@! in i dont have a whole lot of time when i come here and i dont need all this cluttering up the new posts list
    Each of these issues deserve their own thread because they are VERY separate issues.

Ron Paul voted Nay- yay!!
    I wonder what prompted Barr to vote for big pharma?

[QUOTE=sidster;1477518You might consider that you just might be in the wrong forum.

Switching to someone who supported the Patriot Act is inconceivable
    for any true libertarian.

I must point out once more, are you certain you are in the right
    forum?[/QUOTE]

I voted for Dr. Paul in our primary, was a delegate candidate for him, and as volunteer ballot access coordinator put together his initial slate of delegate candidates; I promoted him and his proposals at various think tanks I've worked, interviewed him repeated for TV shows I've hosted; worked as his legislative staffer in his congressional office 1997-2001, and voted for him in 1988.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the right forum.

Now we move to the next stage of the rEVOLution. And the "Other Presidential Candidate" subforum sounds about right--not that I started this thread.
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Quote Originally Posted by revolutionary8 View Post
    Each of these issues deserve their own thread because they are VERY separate issues.

Ron Paul voted Nay- yay!!
    I wonder what prompted Barr to vote for big pharma?
    spread out over time maybey they each deserve their own thread

but for the same user to sit here and incesantly post them seconds apart is tantamount to trolling and frankly its childish

i shouldnt have to wade through a buncha i hate bob barr threads made within an hour of each other cuz someone wants to thow a hissy fit

as ive said i have my reservations about barr as well but when i come hear i want to read posts about everything and i should not have to scroll through a zillion i hate barr threads by the same poster from the same hour

+ it would be much more informative for readers to have it all in one place instead of littering the boards
    Last edited by evilfunnystuff; 05-26-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    spread out over time maybey they each deserve their own thread

but for the same user to sit here and incesantly post them seconds apart is tantamount to trolling and frankly its childish

i shouldnt have to wade through a buncha i hate bob barr threads made within an hour of each other cuz someone wants to thow a hissy fit

as ive said i have my reservations about barr as well but when i come hear i want to read posts about everything and i should not have to scroll through a zillion i hate barr threads by the same poster from the same hour

+ it would be much more informative for readers to have it all in one place instead of littering the boards
    Posting a voting record is "trollish" and "littering"?
    This is a new one for me.
    Please tell us the correct guidelines for how far apart- ie date/time/frequency it would be "non-trollish" to post voting records. I think we need some more guidelines for trolling around here. lol

Thumbs down

I'm pretty sure I'm in the right forum.

Now we move to the next stage of the rEVOLution. And the "Other Presidential Candidate" subforum sounds about right--not that I started this thread.

I'm pretty certain the next phase of the Revolution doesn't include
    any jackass who voted for the Patriot Act.

Quote Originally Posted by sidster View Post
    I'm pretty certain the next phase of the Revolution doesn't include
    any jackass who voted for the Patriot Act.
    And yet, even the premise of your stance is wrong.

It was because of his stance on the Patriot Act that I support him. See my sig.
    digg.com/d315eji

I have sigs turned off. sorry.

He voted for the Patriot Act. End of story. Move along.

Bradley,
    can you explain to us why Bob Barr wants to "reconsider provisions of the patriot act" rather than burn it?
    TIA.

I do see someone took the initiative and has started www.bobbarrforums.com --- I hope it can become a haven of idea-sharing too!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I do see someone took the initiative and has started www.bobbarrforums.com --- I hope it can become a haven of idea-sharing too!
    http://www.bobbarrforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28

eww.
    I would hope that Ron Paul doesn't give Bob Barr our left over donations, and sell our contact info to Bob Barr.
    I feel like they are talking about me behind my back, but I am a paranoid fanatic.
    No effort has been made as far as I can see to reach out to Paul supporters by either the Barr campaign or the Libertarian Party. The LP is the natural home for Paul supporters. Contact the organizers of the Ron Paul meetup groups. Buy Paul's donor list. Show Paul supporters their work isn't done.
    Yuck, I know "my work isn't done" no one needs to "show" me anything, and I WON'T be working for Bob Barr. lol. And from what I am reading the LP is no place for me.

Posting a voting record is "trollish" and "littering"?
    This is a new one for me.
    Please tell us the correct guidelines for how far apart- ie date/time/frequency it would be "non-trollish" to post voting records. I think we need some more guidelines for trolling around here. lol
    if one up and decides to post every vote somebody took part in it would be appropriate to make 1 thread on that candidates votes

if someone decided to make a separate thread detailing how ron voted in every vote he ever made all at once id be just as pissed though id be less inclined to say anything as it wouldnt seem like they were tryin to take over the forum and incite anger

he took one topic and turned it into a million thus wasting my time

i consider it trolling because its obvious he is trying to piss people off if he was trying to inform more than infuriate then he would have made 1 good thread on the topic instead of makin a ton of "oh and.." threads

im sure im not the only one who has issues with barr who isnt happy seein this $#@!
    Last edited by evilfunnystuff; 05-26-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    if one up and decides to post every vote somebody took part in it would be appropriate to make 1 thread on that candidates votes

if someone decided to make a separate thread detailing how ron voted in every vote he ever made all at once id be just as pissed though id be less inclined to say anything as it wouldnt seem like they were tryin to take over the forum and incite anger

i consider it trolling because its obvious he is trying to piss people off if he was trying to inform more than infuriate then he would have made 1 good thread on the topic instead of makin a ton of "oh and.." threads

im sure im not the only one who has issues with barr who isnt happy seein this $#@!
    I do not understand how "pissing you off" can be blamed on OptionsTrader, when it is the VOTE that is pissworthy, and should be emphasized. I am sick to death of putting up with total crap from the politicians. They ask us to "trust them" time and time again, and time and time again we are screwed. This is true for ALL parties. Time for the wringers. The Gloves are off.

I would hope that Ron Paul doesn't give Bob Barr our left over donations, and sell our contact info to Bob Barr.
    I think that is extremely unlikely.
    Curious, how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want.

+1

I do not understand how "pissing you off" can be blamed on OptionsTrader, when it is the VOTE that is pissworthy, and should be emphasized. I am sick to death of putting up with total crap from the politicians. They ask us to "trust them" time and time again, and time and time again we are screwed. This is true for ALL parties. Time for the wringers. The Gloves are off.
    okay lemme dumb it down a shade for the children

lets say im pissed odd at options trader over the very issue we are discussing
    lets say he started 20 threads each one bashing bob barr is it approprate for me to sttart 20 threads bashin options trader no there is no reason for it and it only serves to clutter the board

i came hear to read about liberty topics and if 90 percent of the threads here are about how you hate barr then ALOT of people (both barr supporters and people who disaprove of him) will leave

you better get your mom to pin those gloves to your jacket for ya if you cant understand my point
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

okay lemme dumb it down a shade for the children

lets say im pissed odd at options trader over the very issue we are discussing
    lets say he started 20 threads each one bashing bob barr is it approprate for me to sttart 20 threads bashin options trader no there is no reason for it and it only serves to clutter the board

i came hear to read about liberty topics and if 90 percent of the threads here are about how you hate barr then ALOT of people (both barr supporters and people who disaprove of him) will leave

you better get your mom to pin those gloves to your jacket for ya if you cant understand my point
    I guess I am still dumbed down, because last I heard, OptionsTrader isn't running for POTUS.
    Last edited by revolutionary8; 05-26-2008 at 06:02 PM.