Thread: MUST READ Books... if you are serious about Winning

MUST READ Books... if you are serious about Winning

I have read 13 books, currently in print, about running a winning campaign. There are three of serious value. Here are my recommendations:

1. "How to WIN a Local Election: A complete step by step guide" by Judge Lawrence Grey (2007)
    A terrific technical guide and an outstanding read for understanding the "feel" of a campaign. Both of the first two books are very good... if you only get one this is the one to get... though I recommend all three.

2. "The Campaign Manager" by Catherine Shaw (third edition)
    An excellent technical guide; the better of the two. A little dated (be sure to get the latest release!) but very much worth the read and for use as a guide to your campaign... starting with a Campaign Strategy.

3. "Get out the Vote: How to increase voter turnout" by Donald Green & Alan Gerber (second edition)
    Pretty much what the title says. Somewhat technical and indicates the difficulty of the GOTV effort. Provides techniques and measurement of the efforts/results (statistics) to help get ideas and implement efforts based on the resources available to the campaign.

I recommend you get all three of these books... TODAY! And read them ASAP. Have your key people read them as well then put them to use. Use them to create your Campaign Strategy and all the steps to your winning the election. These are not recommendations from people who have run losing campaigns... these are from people who have run WINNING campaigns... if your goal is to WIN these books are a must read for you and your staff!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

?

I could only find a 1999 version of the first book, not a 2007 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    I have read 13 books, currently in print, about running a winning campaign. There are three of serious value. Here are my recommendations:

1. "How to WIN a Local Election: A complete step by step guide" by Judge Lawrence Grey (2007)
    A terrific technical guide and an outstanding read for understanding the "feel" of a campaign. Both of the first two books are very good... if you only get one this is the one to get... though I recommend all three.

2. "The Campaign Manager" by Catherine Shaw (third edition)
    An excellent technical guide; the better of the two. A little dated (be sure to get the latest release!) but very much worth the read and for use as a guide to your campaign... starting with a Campaign Strategy.

3. "Get out the Vote: How to increase voter turnout" by Donald Green & Alan Gerber (second edition)
    Pretty much what the title says. Somewhat technical and indicates the difficulty of the GOTV effort. Provides techniques and measurement of the efforts/results (statistics) to help get ideas and implement efforts based on the resources available to the campaign.

I recommend you get all three of these books... TODAY! And read them ASAP. Have your key people read them as well then put them to use. Use them to create your Campaign Strategy and all the steps to your winning the election. These are not recommendations from people who have run losing campaigns... these are from people who have run WINNING campaigns... if your goal is to WIN these books are a must read for you and your staff!
    great recommendations to get people BATTLE READY so to speak..
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

I created a section just for this at the wiki called "Running for Office":

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129762

Thanks for sharing Tarzan, great stuff!

Robert's Rules of Order (or the "In Brief" version) is also a must. This stuff seems really obtuse and boring at first, but it is so vitally important to know that you'll thank yourself for taking the time to cram these useless drills and terms later on.

Solid!
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.