Thread: Check This Out: McCain Rewarding For Comments

Check This Out: McCain Rewarding For Comments

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonath..._on_blogs.html
    John McCain's campaign is using their campaign website (http://www.johnmccain.com/ActionCent...gInteract.aspx ) to encourage supporters to post supportive comments on political blogs, including the most well-known liberal site in the blogosphere. And to make things easier, they're including talking points with which sympathizers can use to get out the McCain message.

"Select from the numerous web, blog and news sites listed here, go there, and make your opinions supporting John McCain known," instructs the page.

McCain supporters are asked to send the details of their comment to the campaign, which in turn will verify it and then reward the supporter with "points" (assumedly to accumulate for McCain swag)

Among the "featured blogs" currently is Daily Kos, the well-read liberal blog run by Markos Moulitsas that frequently mocks and attacks Republicans such as McCain.

Asked about the effort to gin up online support, McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said, "We absolutely encourage our supporters to engage in this discussion."

As for the talking points, which currently link over to two recent McCain speeches, Rogers said they were "facts about John McCain and his record."

As close readers of Politico blogs and others know, Obama dominates both Clinton and McCain when it comes to drawing fervent online support.

I am soooo signing up for this program!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And did you see the new "McCain Space" thingy he has?

Its networking with a free webpage and blog for each McCain supporter. Like Myspace I guess.

McCain is also offering now on his site eco-friendly clothing. What a joke. Does he think he is going to steal the democratic vote or something
    (I buy eco stuff myslef but this is just exploitation)

I also want to add: I do surveys for cash and on one of the sites I am a member if it shows their sponsors...guess who's logo was in the sponsor box? Yep, Johnny's.
    I guess McCain surveyed his way to the Nomination.
    "If a life could have a theme song -- and I believe every worthwhile one has -- mine is a religion, an obsession or a mania, or all of these expressed in one word: individualism. I was born with that obsession and have never seen and do not know now a cause more worthy, more misunderstood, more seemingly hopeless, and more tragically needed." -Ayn Rand