Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Mind Changed by THE BOOK

Another Mind Changed by THE BOOK

Here's the link.

People who have been contemptuous of Ron Paul are showing him respect after reading The Revolution: A Manifesto. First Glenn Reynolds, then the New York Sun, and now this:

"We give Ron Paul a lot of crap on this site, especially his supporters for trying to uncoil the Republican nominating process in St. Paul later this year. But we must give credit, where credit is due. Ron Paul is a force to be reckoned with, and his latest adventure proves just that. I have just finished reading his new book The Revolution: A Manifesto and was very surprised. This is one of the greatest visions I have seen on Freedom and Liberty....

"His foreign policy stance was well argued in the book, more than it was in the primary. It is hard in a debate that has about 10 candidates trying to state their position on the various issues. The one thing he said in the debates that triggered a lot of resentment was that the reason we got attacked on 9/11 was because we were over there. That statement was the reason I did not support him for President.

"There wasn't enough time to adequately explain that statement, but he does in the book, and it starts to make you think. I still believe that the Constitution grants the President the ability to defend the country at all cost and take pre-emptive action. However, our country has taken the approach over the past half century of being the worlds policeman. That is the reason we are still in a lot of countries and wasting a lot of money that could be used for essential needs.

"The size of our government has gotten too big. Ron Paul explains brilliantly how our Constitution constrains the government and that we have moved beyond the constraints. Just look to the right and you will see. That clock ticks and ticks and Washington does nothing to stop it. They are the ones that are contributing to it. We need drastic cuts in government spending to stop a disaster that is waiting to happen.

"Since the end of the Republican primary I have become a fan of Ron Paul. I don't regret not supporting him in the first place, but nonetheless I have become a fan. This book is essential to the conservative movement. It outlines the principles behind liberty and freedom and what it will take to get us back to sanity."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is why the Revolution By Mail needs to to continue even after the Election. I know anyone who takes the time to read part of The Manifesto will come away with a new outlook and hopefully help out.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

nice....the book allows him to state his positions that don't fit nicely into MSM sound bites. My father even noted this fact and was blown away by the stances and examples RP presented in the book.

THis book needs to be in every hotel/motel room.
    In every public stall.
    In every waiting room.
    In every library.
    In every home.

Does you neighbor have a copy yet?

"the Constitution grants the President the ability to defend the country at all cost and take pre-emptive action"

what? We need the ghosts of the founders to educate this man.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    "the Constitution grants the President the ability to defend the country at all cost and take pre-emptive action"

what? We need the ghosts of the founders to educate this man.
    Yes, he's certainly wrong about that, but I'd say his mind has been dramatically opened by the book -- and for a hardcore Bush type, that's pretty impressive for just one book.

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    Yes, he's certainly wrong about that, but I'd say his mind has been dramatically opened by the book -- and for a hardcore Bush type, that's pretty impressive for just one book.
    I wonder if he was one of the delegates to National?

We here in Georgia are busy sending them out to each and every delegate.

This is a FOCUSED project that could actually change the outcome of the convention.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wow, thanks for the link
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

This made my night. I think I'm going to send copies to a few family members who I had written off as lost causes. Maybe they'll come around

If he supports preemptive war, he needs to read the book again and actually read the constitution instead of speaking about it.

A good start, but the reforming neocon is like a heroin addict, he needs more methadone.

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OptionsTrader View Post
    If he supports preemptive war, he needs to read the book again and actually read the constitution instead of speaking about it.

A good start, but the reforming neocon is like a heroin addict, he needs more methadone.
    When a neocon looks at us and doesn't give us the finger it's progress in my book Seriously though, these little seeds of truth have a lot of potential. My personal messageboard is made up of people who voted for Bush 4 years ago and have all come full circle to support Ron Paul. I remember these guys getting really upset at me in the 2004 election for voting Libertarian. People are waking up

People are waking up, and it's a great thing, but will it be enough - and in time? Not only to win the election, but to save the country? The book is by far our greatest weapon; we need it deployed everywhere!

P.S.: I'm sure to be chalking up at least 3 more full-in-our-camp r3volutionaries after they read the book Memorial Day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by madRazor View Post
    People are waking up, and it's a great thing, but will it be enough - and in time? Not only to win the election, but to save the country? The book is by far our greatest weapon; we need it deployed everywhere!

P.S.: I'm sure to be chalking up at least 3 more full-in-our-camp r3volutionaries after they read the book Memorial Day weekend.
    Please read my post in the future of the revolution section and get to WORK on righting this country. We have the vehicle. Now we need people in every state. PLEASE read and do..

No matter how long it takes we just need to CONTINUE. Don't give up and soon enough we will get our country back and MAKE SURE to throw PLENTY of people in prison for many many years as well for their war crimes.

Keep getting the manifesto out, no selling needed. Just let the read it and Ron can give his message just fine without anyone needing to "spice it up". Sometimes the easiest way is to simply say "read the first chapter and let me know what you think ok?". It doesn't even take a chapter for a person to start THINKING....
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

Thumbs up Books

Where is everyone ordering "The Revolution" from?
    I want to order at least 10 to start to give out. I think the idea of everyone who reads the book signing it with their email address before passing it on is a good idea.
    If there is a specific place we should be ordering from , please post where.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklyn View Post
    Where is everyone ordering "The Revolution" from?
    I want to order at least 10 to start to give out. I think the idea of everyone who reads the book signing it with their email address before passing it on is a good idea.
    If there is a specific place we should be ordering from , please post where.
    You can buy it in bulk here. But I don't know how credible this site is.
    http://www.ronpaulrevolutionbook.com/

Writing Paulcongress.com in the book or a creating a bookmark listing congressional candidate's websites could be put in the book as well.

EDIT: Here is a list of where you can find the book. http://www.hachettebookgroupusa.com/...WhereToBuy.htm
    Last edited by Libertarian Ideals; 05-16-2008 at 12:21 AM.

this is how we win.
    -The first thing I hope the Ron Paul administration does is announce Fox News' exclusion from the White House press corps.

-To see one of the best reasons to vote for Ron Paul, click here:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=29848

Hellz yea! Amazon really needs to get its $#@! together, seriously.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

SPREAD THE MESSAGE!
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    THis book needs to be in every hotel/motel room.
    In every public stall.
    In every waiting room.
    In every library.
    In every home.

Does you neighbor have a copy yet?
    Would it not be nice to get every mall, gas station and mom and pop shop to sell some low quality paperback version of the book. Why not get into contact with some of those "pulp fiction" type publishers that seems to be able to get cheap paperback copies out just about everywhere.

Also, note that the classic "The Road to Serfdom" got its big mainsteam brake with a condensed version that was published in "Reader's Digest". Without that it might never have become popular. I have no idea if people still reads those types of publications, but if they do.. it could reach a completely different segment of people. I think my grandmother used to reads one of those types of magazines. If you can reach the grannies, you know you are mainstream.

Cheers
    Last edited by DriftWood; 05-16-2008 at 06:17 AM.
    Leave us be. Let us do. Laissez faire.

*Bump for Sally08.*

“I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Worthy Threads:

It was a great book...too bad...

It is a great book...too bad Ron Paul didn't write it. Tones

"Common Sense" in our time. How can we get this out there?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really enjoyed the book. I could hardly put it down. The best part, however, is that my dad got some of his neocon coworkers to read it. From what I've heard, many were enlightened by the message. A lot of them had the perspective that "we have to attack them there before they attack us here". Maybe this book has helped them to realize that our government's hubris has cause most of the problems that we have today.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tonesforjonesbones View Post
    It is a great book...too bad Ron Paul didn't write it. Tones
    T-R-O-L-L...

But more importantly... good vibes bump

Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    Here's the link.

People who have been contemptuous of Ron Paul are showing him respect after reading The Revolution: A Manifesto. First Glenn Reynolds, then the New York Sun, and now this:

"We give Ron Paul a lot of crap on this site, especially his supporters for trying to uncoil the Republican nominating process in St. Paul later this year. But we must give credit, where credit is due. Ron Paul is a force to be reckoned with, and his latest adventure proves just that. I have just finished reading his new book The Revolution: A Manifesto and was very surprised. This is one of the greatest visions I have seen on Freedom and Liberty....

"His foreign policy stance was well argued in the book, more than it was in the primary. It is hard in a debate that has about 10 candidates trying to state their position on the various issues. The one thing he said in the debates that triggered a lot of resentment was that the reason we got attacked on 9/11 was because we were over there. That statement was the reason I did not support him for President.

"There wasn't enough time to adequately explain that statement, but he does in the book, and it starts to make you think. I still believe that the Constitution grants the President the ability to defend the country at all cost and take pre-emptive action. However, our country has taken the approach over the past half century of being the worlds policeman. That is the reason we are still in a lot of countries and wasting a lot of money that could be used for essential needs.

"The size of our government has gotten too big. Ron Paul explains brilliantly how our Constitution constrains the government and that we have moved beyond the constraints. Just look to the right and you will see. That clock ticks and ticks and Washington does nothing to stop it. They are the ones that are contributing to it. We need drastic cuts in government spending to stop a disaster that is waiting to happen.

"Since the end of the Republican primary I have become a fan of Ron Paul. I don't regret not supporting him in the first place, but nonetheless I have become a fan. This book is essential to the conservative movement. It outlines the principles behind liberty and freedom and what it will take to get us back to sanity."
    I tried to go to this website and after three seconds it throws me out.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Quote Originally Posted by newyearsrevolution08 View Post
    This is why the Revolution By Mail needs to to continue even after the Election. I know anyone who takes the time to read part of The Manifesto will come away with a new outlook and hopefully help out.
    If there is any way to fund it, this book should be sent to any and everyone possible.

Maybe start by sending several copies to universities and high schools.

If only we could get a copy into the hands of every American.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by madRazor View Post

We should do a MoneyBomb or a collection $,$$$.$$$.$$$ and make a deal with RP to get them at cost and send them out by mail and send them to every other address and ask that person you send it to, to share it with someone else after reading. Ask for contributions inside the back cover?

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

We need to promote this book like the gideons promote the bible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast