Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Rally in Phillie on 10 November - we need $$$

Liberty Rally in Phillie on 10 November - we need $$$

I am going to overnight the application to the parks service along with the $50 application fee TODAY. We need to get event insurance. TMG is making phone calls but it looks like it's going to be around $1000 and we need to raise it very quickly (by the end of the weekend at the LATEST. They say we can have the grounds all day on that date but we need event insurance!
    More costs will come later with setting up a stage and getting better electrical, etc... but that comes after. RIGHT NOW we need to raise this money.

We are going to use my Paypal address to collect the funds. Please donate if you can.
    My paypal email is interleave1@earthlink.net

Thanks,
    Bob

Ok - ongoing total:

$1162.78 - 31donations! and counting! :-) - Last update on August 29, 2007 at 3:42 EST

================================================== =================================

http://www.pledgebank.com/ProFootball

http://www.pledgebank.com/probaseball

http://www.pledgebank.com/nascar

http://www.pledgebank.com/collegefootball

http://www.pledgebank.com/concerts

http://www.pledgebank.com/canvass
    Last edited by Sematary; 08-29-2007 at 01:42 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about getting a website together with at least an "Adopt an Iowan" like real time fund tracker. That gives people a little bit extra motivation... especially for a bigger, exciting event like this.

How many people should we try to get there? Thousands? We should start making flyers and telling meetup groups...
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it” - Thomas Jefferson

State by State - Voter Registration Information
    Pledge to Vote - Ron Paul Voter Bomb
    Ron Paul Flix - For all the latest Ron Paul videos and media coverage
    My Ron Paul T-Shirts and Bumper Stickers, and much more

Why did it change from the 11th?

Quote Originally Posted by isufferfromronpaulfever View Post
    What about getting a website together with at least an "Adopt an Iowan" like real time fund tracker. That gives people a little bit extra motivation... especially for a bigger, exciting event like this.
    No time, but I'd be happy to keep everyone up to date. We really don't have much time on this. The Parks dept is going to get the app tomorrow and they're going to be asking for the event insurance and I'm going to tell them that we're shopping it around but we don't have much time.

Quote Originally Posted by bc2208 View Post
    Why did it change from the 11th?
    The Special events coordinator says that the park isn't available that day.
    The 10th is good.

Quote Originally Posted by itsnobody View Post
    How many people should we try to get there? Thousands? We should start making flyers and telling meetup groups...
    The park can hold 5000 people plus the park is lined by a low fence that people can stand outside of. We want 10,000 or more. But FIRST - we need to get the insurance. We can work on spreading the word afterwards and once the insurance is in we can start contacting potential speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sematary View Post
    The Special events coordinator says that the park isn't available that day.
    The 10th is good.
    The 10th is better probably, since it's a Saturday. It gives people more travel time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm good for 25 tonight with more donations coming. This topic should be stickied. This is super SUPER important.

Anyway to donate other then paypal?

Just sucks for me because I can't go that day. Oh well.

1000$ should be no problem. 40 forum members x 25$ each. Should be cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    Anyway to donate other then paypal?
    You can overnight payment to me if you wish. PM me and I'll give you my mailing address.
    Of course, with Paypal, you don't need to have an account. You can go to their site and use a credit card, or e-check, etc...
    I have a donation link on my website - http://doomwadstation.com/dwscds
    Just look in the left column and click on the donate button - you can use e-checks (too slow though), credit/debit cards

Sorry, man. Don't worry though - there will be plenty of video.
    Donate if you can, ok?

Can I place a donation link here, do you think?

I just sent you $25.00. Hope it helps.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajibo View Post
    I just sent you $25.00. Hope it helps.
    Thanks dude, yes - it does.

Got it!!!!!!

We need a web-site which has info about the event.

People could easily spread word!

KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    We need a web-site which has info about the event.

People could easily spread word!

Do you know someone who could put the website together real fast?

Email:
    interleave1@earthlink.net

Total Amount:
    -$25.00 USD

Date:
    Aug. 23, 2007
    Time:
    10:12:08 PDT
    Completed

Subject:
    For Philly Insurance
    Note:
    Make this happen.

BTW - I'm taking an entire weekend off of work for this. That's hundreds of dollars out the window for me.

I know we're asking alot guys, but this has to get done.

I don't think people realize the potential of this event. Anyway, the topic should be sticky'd or continually bumped.

Quote Originally Posted by isufferfromronpaulfever View Post
    I don't think people realize the potential of this event. Anyway, the topic should be sticky'd or continually bumped.
    The potential is that we can fill the park (5000 people) and flood the streets with even MORE people! This can be absolutely HUGE with tons of media attention not only in Philly but in PA and hopefully, with the right speakers - national.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have three donations totaling $70
    Keep it going guys!!! We ARE going to make this the biggest event of the year!

Donated.

Does anyone here know that the 10th of November is the official birthday of the United States Marine Corps? In 1925 the first formal USMC birthday ball was held. Guess where it was held. Philadelphia!

" The first "formal" Birthday Ball took place on Philadelphia in 1925. First class Marine Corps style, all the way! Guests included the Commandant, the Secretary of War (in 1925 the term "politically correct" didn't exist; it was Secretary of War, not Secretary of Defense), and a host of statesmen and elected officials. Prior to the Ball, Gen. Lejeune unveiled a memorial plaque at Tun Tavern. Then the entourage headed for the Benjamin Franklin Hotel and an evening of festivities and frolicking."

If Ron Paul is in Philly that day and speaking publicly, it would be great if he was aware of this. Marines are loyal supporters of those who back our traditions, so a "Happy Birthday Marines!" from him would likely seal the deal with any Marines who are watching. He'll just have to do it early in the day, because later in the evening there won't be a sober Marine in the United States. Except Sgt Auxier, he's my old platoon's token Mormon. He makes sure we get home safely.
    Home is where my brothers lie. I stop and kneel at Arlington. You can go around if you like.

will forego bi-weekly donation to campaign..

so i can donate $50 saturday. see you all there!

We're at $100 - let's keep it going! THANKYOU ALL!!!

i would be able to donate tomorrow (payday)

Quote Originally Posted by UCFGavin View Post
    i would be able to donate tomorrow (payday)
    That works!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast