Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The problem with the Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Emanuel Watkins View Post
    Look. As a Christian I'm not that different from you. What I have learned to do as a Christian is allow Christ to rebel for me. For example, when the man had to constantly warn people to stay away from his leprosy because of the law; Jesus Himself had to violate that law to approach and heal him because of his submissiveness to authority. So, while we don't always obey the master at the table, we should understand that we should always be submissive to his authority.
    I don't obey masters at the table.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyDkid View Post
    Which is specifically why I suggested a law enforcement agency to compel the government to follow the law of the land. The rule of law is fundamental to a free society. Without it you have the rule of men - which is arbitrary and capricious. It means nothing to talk about the rule of law unless your government follows the law. People always misunderstand this - they say "What makes the Constitution sacred." but that completely misses the point. It isn't that the founders were infallable and the Constitution is perfect. If there is something wrong with it you correct it, you don't just ignore it as this administration and many others have done continually. Without the rule of law - all governance becomes arbitrary. What is legal one day becomes illegal the next or someone might decide that things are retroactively illegal. So many people just do not grasp the concept of the the rule of law and how essential it is if we are to have any hope of having a free and just society. People take it to me "law and order", but the has nothing to do with it. It mean that society functions in a predictable way and you can only be arrested for things that are spelled out as illegal and it isn't up to police or prosecutors discretion to decide whether you committed a crime or not depending on how they feel about it. Whether or not particular laws are just or not is another issue. I saw where some libertarians were arrested by the cops for dancing at the Jefferson Memorial. When the woman asked what crime they were being arrested for, the cop arrested her for asking. The police should not be free to arrest people arbitrarily. That is how people were treated behind the old "iron curtain" and that is what is supposed to distinguish us from them - the rule of law. And all people including our leader must be subject to the rule of law. The President is now free to arrest anyone - American citizen or not - at his discretion and hold them indefinitely without trail. That is fundamentally UnConstitutional.
    And who's going to be on that "task force?" Who's going to elect those people into their positions? How would they go about their job in terms of stopping a suspected government of infringing on citizens rights? Weopons? Vetoing legislation? That would throw off all checks and balances. That would potentially make them a tyrannical organization.

All this anger and confusion illustrates the fact that the population has lost control.

You are all waffling bunnies.

Most of us obey the law not because it is rational but because it works best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwest View Post
    I don't obey masters at the table.
    If you were born with natural ability, then take advantage of that and have fun with your life.
    Born with natural features, a pretty woman never has problems getting her lipstick. Whether she lives in a dictatorship, a communist society, a fascist society or in a primitive caste system, someone is going to serve her up the lipstick she needs. So, she doesn't need a government. Our positive government is to bring the pretty and the uncomely to the same dinner table.
    If you don't believe in the capitalist society that sits the classes at the same table, then you are either Marxist in that you believe people should sit at the same table as a classless society; or, you are content with the way our nation is eroding to tyranny today into the old primitive caste system which sat the master class at a seperate table from the slave class. All one has to do to establish seperate master and slave classes in our nation is to erode the table for the middle class.
    Last edited by Uncle Emanuel Watkins; 05-14-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: tweaking

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then you either are Marxist in that you believe people should sit at the same table as a classless society; or, you are one who is happy with the way our nation is eroding to tyranny today which would be the equivalent of the old primitive caste system when the master class sat at a seperate table. All one has to do to establish seperate master and slave classes is to remove the table for the middle class.
    You must be psychic.

Amazing deductions.

$#@! for brains...

A positive government is always under pressure to erode to tyranny.

Screwed up the editing somehow.
    Last edited by Uncle Emanuel Watkins; 05-14-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Go to college.

You must be psychic.

Amazing deductions.

$#@! for brains...
    Look. I don't want to chat with you about issues. I am not a lawyer. Go pay someone to make you sit in the class to learn that. All I care to talk about are the things that elevate us to that of an American citizen.

If you were born with natural ability, then take advantage of that and enjoy your life.
    Born with natural features, a pretty woman never has problems getting her lipstick. Whether she lives in a dictatorship, a communist society, a fascist society or in a primitive caste system, someone is going to serve her up the lipstick she needs. So, she doesn't need a government. The Civil Purpose of our positive government is to bring the pretty and the uncomely to the same dinner table.
    If you don't believe in our constitutional government that ideally sits the master down at the same table with the slave, then you are either Marxist in that you believe people should sit at the same table as a classless society -- wear a peasant garment to dinner like they do in communist China; or, worse yet, you are just content with the way our nation is eroding to tyranny today where it is becoming the type of old primitive caste system where the master class sat sat at a seperate table to the degree that they weren't concerned about the thirst of the slave class.
    All one has to do to establish seperate master and slave classes in our nation is to erode the table for the middle class to the point that it exists.
    God forbid!

Rule #1: Hatred is UnAmerican.

God forbid!
    The hatred you exhibit more than anything else is the greatest danger to our constitutional government.

The hatred you exhibit more than anything else is the greatest danger to our constitutional government.
    Mmmm...

Slightly paranoid, are we?

Well, the great thing about he constitution is...if you want to change parts of it you can. If you want to keep it the way it is, you keep it. The constitution was set up in a way to make repeals and or later ratifications. If you don't like part of it, work to change it. Change it if you want, but politicians can't ignore it.

you mention the constitution not having a system for those who go against it. Actually it does have a system so that government doesn't go against it. It has a system of checks and balances were each function of government check the other. With functions, government only is to do what is their constitutional duty.

If each function and branch of government did their responsibility, then there wouldn't be as many problems because it restricts the government. Look at the current administration. Instead of having congress declare the war like the constitution says, there was the Bush administration that declared war under under false information and a false ideology of pre-emption.

Now for indivudals not a part of the government who disobey law....that is for the states to decide and or Sumpreme Court.-10th Amendment.
    Truth is treason in the empire of lies-Revolution: A Manifesto-by Ron Paul

"You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out... If people only understood the rank injustice of the money and banking system, there would be a revolution by morning."-only President ever with no national debt- words to a delegation of bankers.-Andrew Jackson.

Getting scared FRS? Getting scared IRS?

Not paranoid. More like desperate.

Mmmm...

Slightly paranoid, are we?
    As I point out before, we don't need a constitutional government to guarantee that pretty women get their lipstick in regards to their life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Such women are going to get their lipstick no matter what government they obey.
    The reason we have a positive government is to bind the pretty women to having to sit at the same dinner table as the uncomely ones. This Civil Purpose is a self evident and inalienable truth. If these pretty women don't like sitting with the rest of us, let them go live in another nation.
    Last edited by Uncle Emanuel Watkins; 05-14-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: tweaking

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't really read all of this but, heres an easy solution to this problem.. Maybe we could just get rid of all these other Governement activities and government angencies and then there wouldnt be any illegal gov activities going on.... Just a thought...

Matisa

The thing about being able to change the constitution is that... the actual chances of politicians being elected; to implement that change pretty much diminishes with each election...
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

The Constitution is near perfect as is, except for the 16th Amendment. America's problem is we the people, its only keepers, have not held our own national government to its limits.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123