Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Blueprint for Wake Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwest View Post
    Unfortunately my friend,
    Your scenario is overly romantic.
    Common sense, and analytical observation is not the first phase.
    The first phase is fascism.
    Check out Mussolini.
    What part of the First American Revolution didn't you understand?
    Apart from stating the obvious, I'm willing to say - it was the beginning.
    We're already in the tyrannical stage.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

Not sure what phase book you're following. From the one I'm reading, the first phase is already underway. Hence, the moving onto the second phase - getting out of it. HENCE, Common Sense by Thomas Paine - and HENCE, Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul.

Anywayyy... this thread is for waking people up, NOT "not caring, it won't change anything type of bs attitudes". That defeatist attitude can GTFO. If you can't see that fine, remain skeptical - but do me a favor... whilst you sit in your seat & shoot down Hope with benign platitudes.

Why don't you go ahead & get chipped now. I hear they have early bird rates.
    Last edited by Conza88; 05-11-2008 at 08:31 AM.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    What part of the First American Revolution didn't you understand?
    Apart from stating the obvious, I'm willing to say - it was the beginning.
    Anywayyy... this thread is for waking people up, NOT "not giving a $#@!, it won't change anything type of bull$#@! attitudes". That defeatist attitude can GTFO.

Why don't you go ahead and get chipped now. I hear they have early bird rates.
    Hooly dooly!

No reason to listen to common sense.

I lived in America for 17 years.

I might have believed you before Bush/Cheney.

PS - I can guarantee you I will never be chipped.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwest View Post
    Ok moving on..

The Tide is Turning!!
    Posted May 12th, 2008 by Nui

The tide is turning. My wife and I were out antique shopping in some of the smaller towns in Texas.
    Towns such as Schulenberg, Bertram, Burnet, Lampasas. The winds are changing and we could tell from just chatting with store owners. In quite a few of these towns, the people we talked to would be described as elderly, over 60, conservative and many of them Christians as far as we could tell. Why I say that the winds are blowing another direction is that only a year ago, the general consensus when we would be traveling around Texas and chatting with people was Bush this, Bush that. Let's go get them in Iraq. The war is good.

Well, from the temperature this weekend, it has changed. These people were mad. Mad , Mad. They were actually swearing. Using words such as crooks, liars, etc. They were talking about how the fellows up in Wall Street were a bunch of crooks. Had one group talk about
    lynching would be good for a group of them. Now, I would have to say that these people that were expressing
    their anger were feeling betrayed. I think they now know that they have been lied to. Betrayal is a funny thing. It will create an anger that is very deep. They were putting two and two together and realizing that finance, government, pharmaceuticals, hospitals, media were working together and stealing from the middle class. Lying and stealing. The media was a topic of conversation and most of them cannot stand to watch the "crap" that is on the news nowadays. Most of these logical thinking people realize that something is very wrong. They are waking up.........
    Err what where you saying?
    Last edited by Conza88; 05-11-2008 at 10:57 PM.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Worthy Threads:

Worthy Threads:

Thanks Conza, a lot of people have really enjoyed your 'list'

Great post Conza.
    Thank you for sharing this major undertaking.

Good work! Conza is that you? You little joey....

I think they should watch Outfoxed before these two:

Aaron Russo's: America Freedom to Fascism
    The Truth & Lies of 9/11

If you read them the titles, that alone would scare them off. But I think they'd watch Outfoxed.
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Knightskye View Post

The Truth & Lies of 9/11

If you read them the titles, that alone would scare them off. But I think they'd watch Outfoxed.
    Hmmm v. good point. Will have to think of a reworking.

Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by rancher89 View Post
    Thanks Conza, a lot of people have really enjoyed your 'list'
    Quote Originally Posted by withallmyheart View Post
    Great post Conza.
    Thank you for sharing this major undertaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Rahn View Post
    Good work! Conza is that you? You little joey....
    No problem guys. Pleasure is all mine. A man does what he can. LoL, heyaa Rahn.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightskye View Post
    The Truth & Lies of 9/11
    Considering swapping, Step 3 - The Media is not your information friend, with Step 2. You have been lied too..

I wonder if that makes more sense? What ya think?

Worthy Threads:

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Worthy Threads:

Thanks for that. I copied the post into word and saved it as an html file. I have seen some of these, but others are new.

And ~~~bump~~~

Quote Originally Posted by oilboiler View Post
    Thanks for that. I copied the post into word and saved it as an html file. I have seen some of these, but others are new.

And ~~~bump~~~
    Yea, lot of people been contacting me - and asking permission to use my lists on sites.. All get given the go ahead..

Just please let me know before hand. Its polite

Worthy Threads:

More important than ever.

Worthy Threads:

Since it was asked in the OP, I've studied psychology through the doctorate level. This subject of changing an individual's fundamental beliefs is extremely complicated. Each person you approach has their own value system which will draw them toward or away from a particular subject. Mental heuristics (i.e. cognitive shortcuts) come into heavy play here.

On a very simple level, a few examples:

1)Someone gives me a 2-hour documentary to watch. I don't feel like sitting through it. I watch the first minute of it and find something more rewarding to do with my time, because I don't like documentaries. The ball game is more rewarding, because I've watched the ball game all of my life.

2) Someone links me to a documentary to watch. The documentary has the word "Fascism" in the title. I immediately conclude that it is a conspiracy-based video and don't bother watching the documentary.

3) Someone gives me a documentary to watch and tells me to "wake up", or they tell me "this is the truth". I feel like they are putting me down, and trying to make me feel like I am stupid and they are smarter than I am. This makes me feel irritated. I immediately decide that anything this person gives me is a reflection of their "one up" approach, thus I will not watch it.

The way to defeat mental heuristics is to apply a highly individualized approach to the individual with whom you are engaged. It helps to do more listening than talking. You will quickly learn the things they value when you hear the vocabulary words they use and the subjects they freely initiate. Hone in on anything that smacks of your value system, reinforce that with nonverbal communication, and verbally redirect the conversation to that particular topic. Jumping around from subject to subject is not advisable. Each person is a long-term campaign, and many of those campaigns may be dead ends. It is sad, but true.

There is also the issue of context. If someone is in the middle of a private activity, and you interrupt that activity, most people will immediately be defensive and suspicious of whatever you tell them.

Finally, examine costs/benefits. There are costs and benefits associated with holding a particular belief system. If the cost of openly evaluating information is the perceived sacrifice of an entrenched belief, it is likely that the person will become defensive and engage in a cognitive heuristic.
    Last edited by pacelli; 07-01-2008 at 04:41 PM.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Dang, thanks pacelli theres some good advice in there.

Worthy Threads:

Dang, thanks pacelli theres some good advice in there.
    Sure thing. Feel free to ask any further questions about all of these things, usually when I put my psychologist hat on, I become a bit verbose! lol
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    Since it was asked in the OP, I've studied psychology through the doctorate level. This subject of changing an individual's fundamental beliefs is extremely complicated. Each person you approach has their own value system which will draw them toward or away from a particular subject. Mental heuristics (i.e. cognitive shortcuts) come into heavy play here.

1)Someone gives me a 2-hour documentary to watch. I don't feel like sitting through it. I watch the first minute of it and find something more rewarding to do with my time, because I don't like documentaries. The ball game is more rewarding, because I've watched the ball game all of my life.

2) Someone links me to a documentary to watch. The documentary has the word "Fascism" in the title. I immediately conclude that it is a conspiracy-based video and don't bother watching the documentary.

3) Someone gives me a documentary to watch and tells me to "wake up", or they tell me "this is the truth". I feel like they are putting me down, and trying to make me feel like I am stupid and they are smarter than I am. This makes me feel irritated. I immediately decide that anything this person gives me is a reflection of their "one up" approach, thus I will not watch it.

The way to defeat mental heuristics is to apply a highly individualized approach to the individual with whom you are engaged. It helps to do more listening than talking. You will quickly learn the things they value when you hear the vocabulary words they use and the subjects they freely initiate. Hone in on anything that smacks of your value system, reinforce that with nonverbal communication, and verbally redirect the conversation to that particular topic. Jumping around from subject to subject is not advisable. Each person is a long-term campaign, and many of those campaigns may be dead ends. It is sad, but true.

There is also the issue of context. If someone is in the middle of a private activity, and you interrupt that activity, most people will immediately be defensive and suspicious of whatever you tell them.

Finally, examine costs/benefits. There are costs and benefits associated with holding a particular belief system. If the cost of openly evaluating information is the perceived sacrifice of an entrenched belief, it is likely that the person will become defensive and engage in a cognitive heuristic.
    Post of the day for me, and great thread Conza...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

I spouse it's good to remember.. that there are people out there who are 'open' to things..

So blanket campaigning can work. Although... there will be a few nothings & no resulters.. but if you pick up some gems - and wake them up, then that's what makes it worth it.

Worthy Threads:

Conza! WOW!

What a great list - (as all your lists are wonderful)

Our RP group is looking to start a liberty education outreach in the fall- one video per month - (probably) at the public library - and we'll be inviting the public (via newspaper and web) -

would you mind if we used your format?

Thanks -

Karen
    Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage. –– Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ron Paul admirer since 2007 ...hubba hubba

www.JBS.org

The Truth & Lies of 9/11

If you read them the titles, that alone would scare them off.

Remember when marketing AFTF to mainsteam, to present it as

"From the producer of Trading Places and The Rose, Aaron Russo's America:Freedom to Facism."

Mainstream will buy into it watching it much easier.

First I'd like to say excellent post Conza and excellent comments Pacelli. I am very interested in using videos to help educate people. I'm currently involved in creating Operation Education, a web site that pays people to view videos and provide feedback. This way the user feels that not only do we value their time, but we also value their opinion. We can use the feedback to help determine which videos are most effective. Over time, we could get more sophisticated and break down which videos are most effective among different demographics. You can check out our simple report comparing the videos here:

http://operationeducation.org/reports/rptVideos.cfm
    (you can review the responses if you click on the number of responses)

I agree with Pacelli that changing an individual's fundamental beliefs is difficult. Fortunately, many people don't know what to believe. Regardless whether this is due to age, or obscurity of a certain topic or whatever, most people don't know what's going on. They're not stupid. They're not asleep. They're drowning! Drowning in too much bad information, too much gossip news (doesn't matter if it's Britney or Barack... just gossip), too much entertainment, too much advertisements and propaganda, too much work, too much change! People are only as smart as the information that they have to make decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This series may help in some regard.
    Liberty Sells Itself [1/3], [2/3], [3/3]

Step 1. Detachment (Time to Open the Mind)
    The Matrix: Trilogy
    Animal Farm
    The End of America - Naomi Wolf

Step 2. You have been lied too.
    George Carlin (Who Owns You Americans?)
    How to Create an Angry American
    The Truth & Lies of 9/11

Step 3. The Media is not your information friend.
    The Network
    Good Night & Good Luck
    Media-Opoly
    Spin
    Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War On Journalism
    Manufacturing Consent

Step 4. The War on Terror, is not what you think.
    Don't be a Sucker
    American WARNING
    The Power of Nightmares Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Taxi To The Dark Side
    The Ground Truth: The Human Cost of War

Step 5. Government is the problem, not the solution.
    The Philosophy of Liberty
    The Proper Role of Government
    The Law by Frederick Basiat
    Revolution: a Manifesto by Ron Paul
    Road to Serfdom by Hayek

Step 6. The world is run on self-interest
    Atlas Shrugged

Step 7. The Money System - what it is & the International Bankers
    Money as Debt
    Creature From Jekyll Island - A Second Look at the Federal Reserve
    The Price of Oil is not rising, the value of the dollar is falling

Step 8. False left, false right - One party system, two faces of evil.
    We are the Ones we've been Waiting For
    Democrats elected to end the Iraq war
    America is not a democracy.
    An Idea whose time has come

Step 9. The New World Order
    Historic Interview with Aaron Russo
    North American Union & VChip Truth
    Endgame
    Esoteric Agenda

Cognitive Dissonance Articles
    http://www.learningandteaching.info/...dissonance.htm
    http://www.pabia.org/Archives/Newsle...dissonance.htm
    http://changingminds.org/explanation...dissonance.htm
    http://tip.psychology.org/festinge.html
    http://www.afirstlook.com/archive/cogdiss.cfm?
    http://www.colorado.edu/communicatio...ry/dissonance/
    http://wwwthesixthestate.blogspot.co...cognitive.html
    http://www.perrspectives.com/articles/art_cogdis02.htm
    http://www.onlinejournal.com/artman/...icle_628.shtml
    http://www.learningandteaching.info/...g/resistan.htm
    Conza88, I'm loving you're efforts here, including the book list: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79751

and Liberty list: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=130993

One note though, the 3 "Liberty Sells Itself" youtube links are showing as "Private".
    Last edited by Mark; 07-14-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Conza88, I'm loving you're efforts here, including the book list: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79751

and Liberty list: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=130993

One note though, the 3 "Liberty Sells Itself" youtube links are showing as "Private".
    Thanks!

I've fixed up those links, so they should be all good to go now.

When I get more time, I'll be rejigging / updating all my lists .

Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by goat farmer View Post
    This may be something you want to add in there somewhere:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...GKiO4wKWh-SXDw
    True. thanks. Added in.

Worthy Threads:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast