Thread: Update: Huckabee at The Beacon (Spartanburg, SC)

Update: Huckabee at The Beacon (Spartanburg, SC)

Just got back. Huckabee is still speaking the Panther Room. Anybody looking outside though will see Steve the Sign Guy's flatbed sized Ron Paul banner. We handed out well over 100 flyers... and had over a half dozen big Ron Paul fans there with shirts etc. We had people leaving with to go orders saying:
    - "I really like Ron Paul!"
    - "Why haven't I heard of him before?"

And better still ... there were people there just eating their lunch that came up to some of us and said "I'm a Ron Paul supporter too!".

And the icing on the cake ... a MASSIVE black county cop rolled up in an unmarked car. I figured he was going to look us over hard for profane signs... nope. He walked in... and on the way back out said "I hope ya'll win ... I want my country back ... I'm tired of those guys in Washington".

Apparently Huckabee was tipped off to our MASSIVE sign and stuff at the main entrance, as he quietly snuck in the back entrance. If he leaves the same way, Steve should have pretty good shots of him from behind the massive Ron Paul sign.

Photos and video coming soon. Steve had his camcorder out .... and Gary (guy who filmed GOP luncheon in Spartanburg) was there as well with gear.
    Last edited by georgia_tech_swagger; 08-22-2007 at 11:19 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's exciting stuff. It's almost like we've got a black ops team working for us.

Awesome work guys, can't wait to see the video and pics

Thanks for doing this - keep up the energy levels!!!!!!!

We're PROUD of the AWESOME RP Volunteers! GO RON PAUL!!

Quote Originally Posted by risiusj View Post
    That's exciting stuff. It's almost like we've got a black ops team working for us.
    Lol Maybe we can go stalk Bin Laden it be cool if a bunch of Ron Paul supporters caught him. Then maybe we can get headline "Ron Paul grassroots effort captures Bin Laden."

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Lol Maybe we can go stalk Bin Laden it be cool if a bunch of Ron Paul supporters caught him. Then maybe we can get headline "Ron Paul grassroots effort captures Bin Laden."
    Ok Laura Ingram challenged us, So who is going to head it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Haha, considering how much progress you guys are making- I wouldn't doubt it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I already have my TiVo set for 'Ron Paul: Bounty Hunter'

Huckabee- Avoiding Ron Paul Sign From Heaven

Hey Jeremy
    We had a lot of fun today. I moved the truck in front in one space and waited for a space right in front. I wanted to get an exit video of Huckabee but his driver picked up on it. he moved the SUV around to the right side. I moved the truck to the right side. Got a short clip of them running at the end.
    Steve-The Sign Guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgia_tech_swagger View Post
    Just got back. Huckabee is still speaking the Panther Room. Anybody looking outside though will see Steve the Sign Guy's flatbed sized Ron Paul banner. We handed out well over 100 flyers... and had over a half dozen big Ron Paul fans there with shirts etc. We had people leaving with to go orders saying:
    - "I really like Ron Paul!"
    - "Why haven't I heard of him before?"

And better still ... there were people there just eating their lunch that came up to some of us and said "I'm a Ron Paul supporter too!".

And the icing on the cake ... a MASSIVE black county cop rolled up in an unmarked car. I figured he was going to look us over hard for profane signs... nope. He walked in... and on the way back out said "I hope ya'll win ... I want my country back ... I'm tired of those guys in Washington".

Apparently Huckabee was tipped off to our MASSIVE sign and stuff at the main entrance, as he quietly snuck in the back entrance. If he leaves the same way, Steve should have pretty good shots of him from behind the massive Ron Paul sign.

Photos and video coming soon. Steve had his camcorder out .... and Gary (guy who filmed GOP luncheon in Spartanburg) was there as well with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sign Guy View Post
    Hey Jeremy
    We had a lot of fun today. I moved the truck in front in one space and waited for a space right in front. I wanted to get an exit video of Huckabee but his driver picked up on it. he moved the SUV around to the right side. I moved the truck to the right side. Got a short clip of them running at the end.
    Steve-The Sign Guy.
    Hahaha. Awesome. Is it youbube worthy?

Thumbs up This was simply awesome

Keep up the momentum. You guys are inspiring and I'm thrilled to be working with such wonderful people.