Thread: Something else needing done in 2008

Something else needing done in 2008

Ok, we know we want Ron Paul to be president. Good. What about Congress?

We need to give him a friendly Congress so that he can make a lot of his plans and our dreams reality.

Now, we just need to decide which party or people to get into congress to help him out.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxagol View Post
    Ok, we know we want Ron Paul to be president. Good. What about Congress?

We need to give him a friendly Congress so that he can make a lot of his plans and our dreams reality.

Now, we just need to decide which party or people to get into congress to help him out.
    Republican. We should focus on finding all the Republican Candidates that resemble Dr. Paul and help them get elected. Via donations, volunterism, or any other means possible.

If we want to 'take over' the Republican party, this is the only way.

Didn't the founders write about the dangers of Party Politics? I agree that we need to focus on the republican party to get him the nomination. After that the world is our oyster...

my2¢
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Slugg View Post
    Republican. We should focus on finding all the Republican Candidates that resemble Dr. Paul and help them get elected.
    ...of course, it can be difficult to find Republicans that are actually Constitutional conservatives anymore. Congress is full of neo-con Republicans, and I think you want to avoid voting for one of those.

If possible, find out who your congressional candidate endorses for President. That might tell you alot.

Also, if the only options in your congressional district are a neo-con vs. a big government liberal Democrat, you might want to consider voting for the Libertarian or Constitution party candidate if there is one.

Depending on Ron Paul's level of support in your area and the level of popularity of the congressperson, meetups may suggest running a Republican candidate against the incumbent or "establishment" candidate in your district.

One of the problems with voting for a "Constitutional Democrat" is that they still caucus with the Democrat leadership. This is why even though some "conservative Dems" got elected last year, they have no voice in Washington.
    "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness." -- Ronald Reagan, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by NCGOPer_for_Paul View Post
    Depending on Ron Paul's level of support in your area and the level of popularity of the congressperson, meetups may suggest running a Republican candidate against the incumbent or "establishment" candidate in your district.

One of the problems with voting for a "Constitutional Democrat" is that they still caucus with the Democrat leadership. This is why even though some "conservative Dems" got elected last year, they have no voice in Washington.
    These conservative Dems practically run Washington, what are you talking about. All of the goals established by the left during the 06 campaign have been trampled in favor of the neo-con agenda. Not that those goals were more desirable, but the neo-con shift is the worst case of action for the country.

I do agree however that communities should run their own constitutionalists against incumbents, but not necessarily within the Republican party.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Didn't the founders write about the dangers of Party Politics? I agree that we need to focus on the republican party to get him the nomination. After that the world is our oyster...

my2¢

i agree filling the house with republicans will only give you a house full of republicans

we should have a good mix of lib. and dem in there with similar views to ron paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't just vote Republican. Frank Gonzalez here in South Florida is a democrat who is just like Ron Paul.

Like RP himself says, we need to recognize the individual and get rid of this collectivist mentality. Focus on the man, not his party.

Republican. We should focus on finding all the Republican Candidates that resemble Dr. Paul and help them get elected. Via donations, volunterism, or any other means possible.

If we want to 'take over' the Republican party, this is the only way.
    But, let's not lose sight of what is our first priority. Getting Dr. Paul nominated. And he needs MANY MORE DONATIONS to even compete at all. The $2.4 million he had at the end of last quarter is just chicken feed to what he must have to be able to conduct a nationwide, major media advertising campaign. Somehow, we've got to raise these numbers by many fold, or he's not going to stand a chance in hades!

If Ron Paul wins the Presidency, A major shift in the political dynamics of America will have occured. The "status Quo"will have been defeated. Politicians who have depended upon the apathty and sheepishness of the electorate would soon be exposed to their new political master(s). Ron Paul and a informed people demanding adherence to the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwest View Post
    If Ron Paul wins the Presidency, A major shift in the political dynamics of America will have occured. The "status Quo"will have been defeated. Politicians who have depended upon the apathty and sheepishness of the electorate would soon be exposed to their new political master(s). Ron Paul and a informed people demanding adherence to the Constitution.
    Right, but if we don't give him a friendly Congress, it will be another two years before we can see some major changes to our country. Never underestimate a politicians ability to be stuborn for personal reason even if it makes them look stupid. Just look at how Democrats and Republicans argue over things that they AGREE on.

My vote is going libertarian. I don't think any of us should vote for Republicans or Democrats. Start sending them a message that we are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. And don't give me any of that crap tat those parties have no chance to win or I will shoot you because that is what we are doing here for Ron Paul and we hate when we hear people say that about him.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

Run for anything

I will vote libertarian this year. It's how they stand on the issues. If its a libertarian Republican or Democrat they got my vote. I think working within the GOP is our best option. The Democrats were libertarian in the 1800's with people like Grover Cleveland. The Republicans have a more recent history of libertarianism with people like Goldwater, and Reagan(in word only).
    I like the LP, but I think we have done more for freedom in 4-5 months then they have in 30 years.
    This is a political movement. We need activism at all levels. If you can't go off the Washington, run for State Legislature. In NY they work only 65 days a year from Jan to June and make 80k. If you have a family and work full time, then run for school board or town board. They only work a few nights a month.
    If there are no freedom-minded candidates, and you can't launch a full campaign, then just get your name on the ballot, and get the message out the best you can.
    It's great that we have Ron Paul as our national figurehead, but we need to work from the ground up.
    Drag not your strength from government
    But from the voices they abuse

If we want to restore the Republican party, this is the only way.
    Fixed that for you.

;-)