View Poll Results: Which of these presidents did the MOST harm to American individuals? (Public)

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Woodrow Wilson

57 45.60%
  • Abraham Lincoln

22 17.60%
  • Franklin Delano Roosevelt

41 32.80%
  • I'd vote any of these FINE people into office, were they alive today.

5 4.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WORST President (3/3)?

Thumbs down WORST President (3/3)?

Which of these three presidents do you feel has done the most damage to American individuals? This poll is not scientific and serves no real purpose except as a curiosity thread.

First Poll
    Second Poll
    Last edited by Kludge; 04-04-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Removed Murray Sabrin link and... other stuff.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All three would be fine candidates for the worst, but my money is on the court-packing, gold-grabbing, war monger FDR.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

As I said in the other poll: Wilson. He is, if not the literal root, at least the modern root of the problem.

Though Roosevelt clearly sucks monkey-clunky balls as well.
    Theocrat on the Holocaust and the current 1,000,000+ dead in Iraq:

You're probably going to hate me for saying this, but that wasn't God's chastisement. It was His sovereign wrath and justice upon those people. Of course, that won't make any sense to you if you fail to understand the doctrine of God's sovereignty. It's a very deep subject, indeed.
    I.E.: Why Christianity is not that great.

Woodrow Wilson, without a doubt.

First off, he got us involved in WWI, which started the ideology for Americans that we needed to get involved in wars abroad where "someone was too powerful" or "being" a bully. After this involved, he wanted to get the US involved in the League of Nations, which I'm sure, you guys know, is a prequel to today's United Nations.

Then there's the fact that he signed the Federal Reserve Act, which destined (doomed) our economy to failure by allowing the government to print more money than there was gold...not to mention it is the only reason (and mechanism) that allowed for WWI, WWII, and any other war from that point on.

He also carried about the idea of "we have to make the world safe for democracy" which set the precedent for today's modern nation building and interventionist foreign policy.

He also set the ground-work for FDR....FDR's reign of economic terror (which sadly, everyone perceives as good); if Wilson hadn't been President, a lot of things would have never happened, and it's unlikely we would have had the depression, amongst other things.

Abe Lincoln. He was the one who made the first major, successful, assault on states' rights, and many individual rights (though he wasn't the first at that one). I also like that Ron Paul mentioned "The Real Lincoln" on his reading list.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Truman and LBJ should be included in the poll

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Truman and LBJ should be included in the poll
    They didn't qualify in round 2.
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.

fdr
    Terminus tela viaticus!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I cant wait to see how the press spins this one...

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    I cant wait to see how the press spins this one...
    They already know we don't like them.

once again FDR
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Constitutionalists will choose Abe Lincoln, but as a libertarian I have to choose Wilson because without him there would have been no FDR, no 1929 market crash for him to use as his platform.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoDas View Post
    Constitutionalists will choose Abe Lincoln, but as a libertarian I have to choose Wilson because without him there would have been no FDR, no 1929 market crash for him to use as his platform.
    pfff... I recently got a 96/100 on a libertarian purity test. Abe paved the way for statists like Wilson.

I'm sticking with Lincoln. The original tyrant-president.
    mdh - mdh (at) lpwv (dot) org
    Libertarian Party of West Virginia Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastjohn View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. What's an MDH?

ahhaha oh wow.
    a lolbertarian alternate history would be the best thing ever.
    us civil war's a no go, german empire wins wwi, revanchist france or uk goes to war against everyone, driving to the border of the soviet union and killing jews every mile and conquers or is conquered by the soviets, either of which empires continues onto the present day.
    but at least the 37 united states still have the us constitution in effect. assuming they aren't invaded and annexed.
    Marxist-Leninist-Maoist for Ron Paul!

Last time I voted for FDR, but I'm going with Wilson because of WW1 and The League of Nations.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by qaxn View Post
    ahhaha oh wow.
    a lolbertarian alternate history would be the best thing ever.
    us civil war's a no go, german empire wins wwi, revanchist france or uk goes to war against everyone, driving to the border of the soviet union and killing jews every mile and conquers or is conquered by the soviets, either of which empires continues onto the present day.
    but at least the 37 united states still have the us constitution in effect. assuming they aren't invaded and annexed.
    <.< >.>

A vote's a vote...

Could this thread serve to subvert Americans from reading books about true history?

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Which of these three presidents do you feel has done the most damage to American individuals? This poll is not scientific and serves no real purpose except as a curiosity thread.

First Poll
    Second Poll

Donate to Murray yet...?

In an attempt to distort the results in a way I'd prefer, I'd just like to let you know I'm voting for Abraham Lincoln - and that Abraham Lincoln led an unnecessary war that caused the death of ~5% of all Americans. Even during the emancipation, he opposed freeing the slaves and cited it as being a necessary political evil - even failing to include the emancipation of slaves located in certain Union-controlled areas. Abraham Lincoln was the backer of one of the first pushes of nationalized banking in conjunction with Hamilton and Henry Clay. Abraham Lincoln was also a member of the Whig Party, one of the original parties standing for almost nothing except statism. This doesn't even scratch the surface of what Abraham Lincoln, the original American Tyrant did to what could only be described as his people.
    Oh for cripes sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Emanuel Watkins View Post
    Could this thread serve to subvert Americans from reading books about true history?
    "true history"....? Lol.

Which Presidents were part of movements to reestablish our Constitutional government?

Quote Originally Posted by AutoDas View Post
    How can a Libertarian not be for a Constitutional government? With this really odd and extremist hatred for both Abraham Lincoln and FDR, how can people not view this Ron Paul revolution as really odd and extremist?
    Fortunately, the truth doesn't need to be learned because it is both "self evident" beyond any scientific theory or legal argument while it is written "unalienable" on our soul's conscience.
    Last edited by Uncle Emanuel Watkins; 04-30-2008 at 06:53 AM. Reason: tweaking

Here is the new poll, same as the old poll.

I would choose King George Bush the 2nd.....

But since that isn't an option i'm going woodrow wilson.....as his actions allowed King George the 2nd to destroy america like he has,,,,,,,

I propose that this poll close long before May 20th....you'll pretty much tap this one out by the end of next week (or at the least, the middle to middle-end of the following week after next :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    I propose that this poll close long before May 20th....you'll pretty much tap this one out by the end of next week (or at the least, the middle to middle-end of the following week after next :P).
    Can't change polls once added

Less someone had intentions to quote the results for some reason, I can't imagine it'd make a terrible amount difference anyways....

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Emanuel Watkins View Post
    How can a Libertarian not be for a Constitutional government? With this really odd and extremist hatred for both Abraham Lincoln and FDR, how can people not view this Ron Paul revolution as really odd and extremist?
    Fortunately, the truth doesn't need to be learned because it is both "self evident" beyond any scientific theory or legal argument while it is written "unalienable" on our soul's conscience.
    FDR made ownership of gold illegal and allowed for the imprisonment of Japanese-American citizens. These things would seem to me to be very evident. I'm not sure what condition your conscience is in, but I find such things do be deplorable. Perhaps you disagree with this. Maybe the self-evident simply evades me. But please feel free to defend either action. Maybe I'm just acting odd or lack an understanding of real history.

I chose FDR but it's a close call. I hate Woodrow Wilson too for helping the federal reserve wrap it's nasty tentacles on the USA.

For the last two posters.....

What FDR did....couldn't have happened unless woodrow wilson did what he did.....he is the greater of the evils imo.....

Quote Originally Posted by buffalokid777 View Post

What FDR did....couldn't have happened unless woodrow wilson did what he did.....he is the greater of the evils imo.....
    Wouldn't have happened if Lincoln didn't nullify-thru-war states' rights to peacefully secede, which would have limited the arrogance of the federal branches.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by buffalokid777 View Post

Agreed 100%; Wilson was a unique animal all of his own that changed the face of America more than we know it, in my honest opinion.

Lincoln did a lot of damage too, but we still went back to some of our original Constitutional policies after he was gone....Wilson? Never the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    Abe Lincoln. He was the one who made the first major, successful, assault on states' rights, and many individual rights (though he wasn't the first at that one). I also like that Ron Paul mentioned "The Real Lincoln" on his reading list.
    The Real Lincoln is arguably one of the worst $#@!ing books ever written. It's filled with so much fiction and $#@! taken out of context. If Ron Paul calls The Real Lincoln a great book LMAO......I've lost a lot of respect for the guy. Some of you "libs" need to get a clue and drop the revisionist history.

If you want a good read on the history of banking check out Web of Debt by Ellen Brown. Especially if you liked the Creature of Jekyll Island.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast