I can see why Ron Paul called his new book "A Manifesto" - hinting at the infamous Communist Manifesto published by Engels and Marx in 1848. Below are measures Engels and Marx advocated in their book. Each one has an antithesis that Ron Paul has faught for. I haven't read Ron Paul's book yet but I would venture to guess each of these measures is dealt with in some manner as regarding the current economical and political state of the USA. This country is heading towards socialism/communism. I understand even better Ron Paul's passion to save the Republic.
What blows my mind most is that Marx was a moral reprobate. He refused to work. He refused to take care of his own family. Yet his ideas are embraced and followed...
From The Communist Manifesto:
1. The abolition of private property and inheritance rights.
2. The redistribution of wealth through heavy, progressive income tax.
3. A central state bank to control all credit and to maniputlate the nation's currency.
4. Government control of all means of communication and transportation.
5. Government ownership of all means of production (factories, farms, mines, power plants, etc.) and all natural resources.
6. The abolition of unemployment through social welfare systems.
7. The redistribution of the population (from sities to rural areas and vise versa).
8. Mandatory state-supported education.