Thread: McCain, Setting a date for withdrawal from Iraq would place Israel in grave danger

McCain, Setting a date for withdrawal from Iraq would place Israel in grave danger

Conversation with…Sen. John McCain
    Setting a date for withdrawal from Iraq would place Israel in grave danger, says Republican nominee

Published: Thursday, April 10, 2008 7:58 PM EDT

Democracy is tough, so I am gratified by the progress that’s been made militarily and I see as all counterinsurgencies do, progress on the social, economic and political front and I believe that worst thing we can do is set a date for withdrawal and that’ll be chaos, genocide, and by the way I also feel that it’ll place the State of Israel in much greater danger because it will enhance the prestige and power of Iran in the region.
    http://www.jewishledger.com/articles...ver/news01.txt

War has already made their enemies stronger. He would stay there for ever if it were up to him or does he have a plan for Iraq rest of us don't know about?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We are not going to leave ever.

What would we achieve other than turning America into a closed police state always worried about "them" trying to attacks us? That is if financially we can manage to stay there for ever.

Well, by all means, let's bankrupt our country and leave our troops in danger to spare Israel from danger. That's what's important, right?

It's bull$#@! anyways. Israel could easily destroy Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Well, by all means, let's bankrupt our country and leave our troops in danger to spare Israel from danger. That's what's important, right?

It's bull$#@! anyways. Israel could easily destroy Iran.
    200 times over.

I think most of the statements like this unfortunately go right over people's heads without a second thought.

They don't ever stop to think, "Why are we so incredibly concerned with Israel? Don't they have nuclear weapons, the 3rd most powerful air force in the world, and every means to protect themselves? What do we get in return for helping Israel and why is it in our best interest to do so?"

I think that clearly shows what McCain and the Neocons in this administration are fighting for; it isn't America, and it definitely isn't the principles upon which America was founded. It's for the lobby that grants our corrupt politicians all those little "perks" to which the rich elite are accustomed.

It is ironic how, when I read the Declaration of Independence, I can almost take the entire document as a description of the abuses of power of our own government; and I continually wonder why more of our citizens aren't actively fighting for their rights and liberty by using them.
    Last edited by NathanTurner; 04-12-2008 at 08:14 PM.
    "If we wish to be free--if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending--if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained--we must fight!"

The war costs 3 billion dollars per week. Israel should at least give us a monument or something....
    Live Free or Die Fighting.
    Join or Support your local Constitutional Militia
    http://www.awrm.org/

In Memory of Aaron Russo.

Ithaca HOURs
    Begin a local currency program in your own community.
    http://www.ithacahours.com/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did he genuflect to the head rabbi after he finished speaking?

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion."
    - Thomas Jefferson

WATCH: The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

READ: Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time - Carroll Quigley

Israel would be in grave danger?

When they have all those nuclear bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by ChooseLiberty View Post
    Did he genuflect to the head rabbi after he finished speaking?
    I think it's more like did he genuflect to John Hagee?

Well the stupid Gop and anti-war voters voted for this man, i hope they are happy with there Pick.

GOP Voters are War Freaks
    Gop Voters hate Peace, They love there uncle sam , he reminds me of the devil.

Gop Voters Hate these countries, and want the war to go on,
    Countries that gop voters think are bad for the usa.

Iran, russia,China, North Korea,Sryia, Serbia, Cuba, and others.

I mean come on, whats with all the this hate does the GOP show?
    Last edited by Give me liberty; 04-17-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanTurner View Post
    I think that clearly shows what McCain and the Neocons in this administration are fighting for; it isn't America, and it definitely isn't the principles upon which America was founded. It's for the lobby that grants our corrupt politicians all those little "perks" to which the rich elite are accustomed.

It is ironic how, when I read the Declaration of Independence, I can almost take the entire document as a description of the abuses of power of our own government; and I continually wonder why more of our citizens aren't actively fighting for their rights and liberty by using them.
    Americans are drunk on all of that fluoridated water.
    all America is an asylum - Ezra Pound.

The President of the USA has one duty and that is to the people of the USA and the Constitution.