Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul with 596 national delegates?

Chester Copperpot

Ron Paul with 596 national delegates?

Can somebody verify this information from the Ron Paul War Room?

It says we've got 596 delegates who say theyre voting for RP.

I have received alot email why I am stressing so much for everyone get a delegate position or alternate.
    Well the primary’s are not over for one and McCain is just presumptive nominee. I cant stress that enough. Has of right now McCain only has 814 Delegates Bound to him on first ballot, only 364 Bound on second Ballot and 187 Bound to third ballot. There are about 156 more delegates in remaining primary’s.
    I don’t know where MSM gets their numbers but they also show Ron Paul with only 14 delegates. Which is way incorrect. Has about 48 Bound Delegates and about 596 delegates been chossen for National Convention that say they are Ron Paul supporters

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=9345

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Only a 596 delegates?

I thought we would had more then that.
    Last edited by Give me liberty; 04-11-2008 at 08:11 PM.

That's great news! Are we maintaining a good presence at the conventions where delegates are elected?
    "I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul

FreeStateProject.org

For on the ground information about the liberty movement in New Hampshire point your browser to www.RidleyReport.com

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    That's great news! Are we maintaining a good presence at the conventions where delegates are elected?
    Yeah. its great news *IF* its true.. do we have any way to authenticate this?

Good question. I did see that. It gets to the bottom of the issue. We need to have some way of knowing which state has selected it national delegates and who they support.

I do feel like there is alot of offline support for Dr.Paul we at the forums and other websites never see. The old timer who is out there doing his thing and we never hear from them. 800,000 votes, a few hundred online here and other popular sites, does not add up. The only way hundreds of thousands of people got their Dr. Paul info was TV. That ended in Janurary.

Is there an overlap in those numbers? how big is the overlap?

God pray that be true, for if that is the case then we are in great shape. I'm guesstimating that only around 800 actual delegates have been selected (NY, CA, AK, LA, OH, RI, TN, IL, MD, and a few others). That would puts us on track to win around 1500-1600 national delegates, beyond my wildest imaginations.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Give me liberty View Post
    Only a 596 delegates?

I thought we would had more then that.
    You must have been dreaming.

I have a hard time beliving that we already have that many. Hardly any state conventions have even happened yet, so how could you know which national candidates support Dr. Paul when we haven't even selected the national delegates?

I think the 596 delegates number is the count of state or precinct delegates. This is the only thing that makes sense.

I don't think we will know how many we really have until the first vote of national convention. Everything else is just speculation. Your not going to know everyone who supports Ron. Some National delegates, who are not Ron supporters, may vote for Ron just to spite McCain as well. Keep in mind most Republicans think McCain has nomination already that the national convention is just a formality. I am sure it will be treated as such by party officials.

That guy's spelling and grammar has made me doubt his reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by jtucker View Post
    Has of right now McCain only has 814 Delegates Bound to him on first ballot, only 364 Bound on second Ballot and 187 Bound to third ballot. There are about 156 more delegates in remaining primary’s.
    If McCain has 814 and there is 156 remaining, what happened to the other 1410 delegates? McCain has about 1000 bound and 200 unbound (they both count). There are many delegates left in states that have voted and about 400 from the upcoming primaries

Quote Originally Posted by jtucker View Post
    I don’t know where MSM gets their numbers but they also show Ron Paul with only 14 delegates. Which is way incorrect. Has about 48 Bound Delegates and about 596 delegates been chossen for National Convention that say they are Ron Paul supporters.
    I don't know where James Tucker gets his numbers. Ron has 8 bound delegates and 23 unbound. We will end up with more unbound delegates, but were no where near 48 BOUND delegates.

The last one can't be proven either way until the convention, but I would guess we are nowhere near 596 delegates. I would guess much, much lower at this point. ALL of his other numbers are way off. So is this one.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    You must have been dreaming.

I have a hard time beliving that we already have that many. Hardly any state conventions have even happened yet, so how could you know which national candidates support Dr. Paul when we haven't even selected the national delegates?

I think the 596 delegates number is the count of state or precinct delegates. This is the only thing that makes sense.
    Nah, there are more state delegates in any given state for Ron Paul then 596. I think it is either BS, exaggeration, projection, or the truth (praying it as such).
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    If McCain has 814 and there is 156 remaining, what happened to the other 1410 delegates? McCain has about 1000 bound and 200 unbound (they both count). There are many delegates left in states that have voted and about 400 from the upcoming primaries

I don't know where James Tucker gets his numbers. Ron has 8 bound delegates and 23 unbound. We will end up with more unbound delegates, but were no where near 48 BOUND delegates.

The last one can't be proven either way until the convention, but I would guess we are nowhere near 596 delegates. I would guess much, much lower at this point. ALL of his other numbers are way off. So is this one.
    He gets his delegate numbers (48) from the Ron Paul Campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by runningdiz View Post
    Keep in mind most Republicans think McCain has nomination already that the national convention is just a formality. I am sure it will be treated as such by party officials.

and this will bite them in the ass.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    He gets his delegate numbers (48) from the Ron Paul Campaign.
    There's no chance we have 48 BOUND delegate, none. Bound and unbound maybe, as we did well in the unbound caucus states. He also said McCain had 814 bound delegates, which is way off. I have him at 993.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...5pFHScTNGq7bUg
    Last edited by No1ButPaul08; 04-11-2008 at 09:44 PM.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's no chance we have 48 BOUND delegate, none. Bound and unbound maybe, as we did well in the unbound caucus states. He also said McCain had 814 bound delegates, which is way off. I have him at 994.

I'd put MS in the "Voted Good states" as it has a caucus coming up on the 25th. OK had a caucus, CT will, and WI will too, but that isn't a good state because McCain puts up a slate for people to vote on. I'd move Florida to "bad."

I am unsure how the campaign got those numbers, but that is what they said after Super Tuesday (BTW, I think he is confusing them for bound delegates).

As for McCain's delegates, subtract Texas (which fails to bind delegates in its rulebook), and IL, which directly elects unbound delegates, you get 818, which is only 4 off from 814.
    Last edited by nate895; 04-11-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Someone quick, give McCain a blow job so we can be rid of him.

I'd put MS in the "Voted Good states" as it has a caucus coming up on the 25th. OK had a caucus, CT will, and WI will too, but that isn't a good state because McCain puts up a slate for people to vote on. I'd move Florida to "bad."

I am unsure how the campaign got those numbers, but that is what they said after Super Tuesday (BTW, I think he is confusing them for bound delegates).
    When MS voted I moved it and forgot to write that their delegates are bound until released. That's why it's in the bad state category. Same with OK. CT is like WI with the slate. You are right on FL, since they got penalized the committee get to pick the delegates. Changes made.

When MS voted I moved it and forgot to write that their delegates are bound until released. That's why it's in the bad state category. Same with OK. CT is like WI with the slate. You are right on FL, since they got penalized the committee get to pick the delegates. Changes made.

I was planning on them changing the "bound until released" thing at the state convention.

Yeah, well until that happens (which i don't think it will), it's going to stay under bad state

is that national delegates?or state delegates? or district delegates? of county delegates? or precinct delegates?
    Ron Paul Phone-Calls from Home - call people the campaign have on lists that might vote for Dr Paul.
    http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

Quote Originally Posted by nc4rp View Post
    is that national delegates?or state delegates? or district delegates? of county delegates? or precinct delegates?
    It is either BS or national delegates, as I believe my state alone has more state delegates.

BS
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Troll alert!!
    Get off the forum. We know you are a troll.
    Everyone look at his post history.

McCain does not have 1000 delegates.
    "Countries are benefited when they changed these [national sovereignty] policies, and evidence suggests that North Americans are ready for a new relationship that renders this old definition of sovereignty obsolete."

CFR task force co-chairman Robert Pastor

Quote Originally Posted by acroso View Post
    Someone quick, give McCain a blow job so we can be rid of him.
    Great idea! You first.
    "I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul

FreeStateProject.org

For on the ground information about the liberty movement in New Hampshire point your browser to www.RidleyReport.com

Quote Originally Posted by nbhadja View Post
    Troll alert!!
    Get off the forum. We know you are a troll.
    Everyone look at his post history.

McCain does not have 1000 delegates.
    Well I said about 1000. It's actually 993 bound and 209 unbound. 1202 total

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...5pFHScTNGq7bUg.

Please tell me where I'm wrong

The numbers dont matter if the state has a caucus; things can change; simply look at Minnesota. The only thing that matters is the national convention.

I have a question regarding the spreadsheet; what happens to Romneys 25 delegates in Montana?
    Last edited by RP4EVER; 04-11-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Guys no matter what we need to fight tooth and freakin' nail for every GOP spot we can get.

Ron does not have 596 delegates, nowhere near so. I don't have some ironclad fact site to back me up, I just know that he doesn't in that if he did, there would be chaos in our party right now.

Keep fighting no matter what.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

As for McCain's delegates, subtract Texas (which fails to bind delegates in its rulebook), and IL, which directly elects unbound delegates, you get 818, which is only 4 off from 814.
    Wrong on both counts. IL directly elects delegates but they are bound to their candidate. 54 are for McCain, 3 for Romney. The GOP summary says they are bound, and as far as i can tell, they haven't been wrong yet.
    http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/IL-R.phtml

Here's what the TX GOP says (BTW, the GOP also considers TX delegates bound. Also the GOP makes a note when the rules are tricky like morally bound or bound by best efforts. For TX and IL it just says bound and then the # of ballots)

Section 6. Election of District Delegates and Alternates at State Conventiona. Number of District Delegates and Alternates: Three (3) district delegates from each
    Congressional district and three (3) alternates shall be elected at the State Convention required
    by Section 174.092, Texas Election Code, in accordance with this section and the entitlements
    set forth in Sections 8 and 9 hereof.
    b. At the State Convention, each Congressional district shall meet and shall elect those district
    delegates and alternates to which a candidate is entitled under Section 8. Elections for a
    candidate’s committed delegates and alternates shall be from person nominated from the floor
    at the said meeting, provided however, that said nominee agree to adhere to the pledge to the
    candidate required under Section 10 hereof.
    Nominations for uncommitted delegates, if there is
    such an entitlement, shall be provided under Section 4. Elections shall be by majority vote, one
    at a time, with all delegates being elected first and then all alternates. Those delegates and
    alternates elected by the Congressional district shall be submitted to the convention, which
    shall confirm, and not amend, those district delegates and alternates who shall be the district
    delegates and alternates from Texas to the National Convention of the Republican Party, and
    shall be so certified in accordance with the Rules of the National Republican Party.

Section 7. Election of At-Large Delegates and Alternates at State Conventiona. As provided for in Rule 34(A), each Congressional District Caucus shall meet at the State
    Convention, and elect one person to serve as a member of the National Nominations
    Committee from persons nominated from the floor at the said meeting. Election to this
    committee shall be by majority vote. In the same manner, each Congressional District Caucus
    may recommend the name of one member for consideration by the National Nominations
    Committee as a National Convention delegate or alternate, but the National Nominations
    Committee is not required to accept such recommendation, in accordance with the rules of the
    National Republican Party.
    b. At the State Convention, the National Nominations Committee shall meet to select nominees
    for all At-Large Delegates and Alternates, and consider the recommended names of members
    of the Congressional District Caucuses for possible selection as National Convention Delegates
    and Alternates.
    c. Those At-Large delegate and alternate nominees selected by the National Nominations
    committee shall be reported to the State Convention. This report shall not be amendable by the
    State Convention, but shall either be confirmed or rejected by the State Convention. If the
    report is rejected, it shall be immediately returned to the Committee for revision and then
    resubmitted to the State Convention, until the report is confirmed by the Convention. The At-
    Large delegates and alternates shall also be bound by the pledge provisions of Section 10 of
    this rule.
    At-large delegates and alternates nominated and elected from Texas in accordance
    with this Rule shall be certified as the delegates and alternates from Texas in accordance with
    the Rules of the National Republican Party for the National Convention.

Section 8. District Delegate and Alternate Entitlements
    For the purpose of determining the entitlement to district delegates and alternates by candidates, the
    provisions of this section shall apply as follows:
    a. More than 50% of Vote Received by Candidate: A candidate receiving more than fifty percent
    (50%) of the votes in any Congressional district shall be entitled to three (3) delegates and
    alternates from that Congressional district.
    b. No Candidate Receives Majority of Vote: If no candidate receives a majority of the votes in
    any Congressional district the plurality winner is entitled to two (2) delegates and alternates
    from that district and the candidate receiving the next highest number of votes receives one (1)
    delegate and alternate; provided, however, that if the plurality winner receives more than
    twenty percent (20%) and the number of votes received by the next highest candidate is less
    than twenty percent (20%), the plurality winner is entitled to three (3) delegates and alternates.
    c. No Candidate Receives 20% of Vote: If no candidate receives more than twenty percent (20%),
    each of the three (3) candidates receiving the highest number of votes shall receive one (1)
    delegate and alternate.

Section 9. At-Large Delegate and Alternate EntitlementsFor the purpose of determining the entitlement to at-large delegates and alternates by candidates, the
    provisions of this section shall apply, as follows:
    a. More than 50% of Vote Received by Candidate: A candidate receiving more than fifty percent
    (50%) of the votes cast in the Presidential Primary canvassed on a statewide basis shall be
    entitled to all at-large delegates and alternates allocated to Texas under the Rules of the
    National Republican Party.
    b. No Candidate Receives Majority of Vote: If no candidate receives a majority of the votes cast
    statewide in the Presidential Primary, then the at-large delegates and alternates shall be
    apportioned among the candidates receiving more than twenty percent (20%) of the statewide
    vote in the ratio which the number of votes received by each such candidate who received more
    than twenty percent (20%) of the statewide vote, bears to the total of all such candidates
    receiving more than twenty percent (20%) of the statewide vote, rounding fractional delegates
    and alternates upward to the next whole number beginning with the candidate receiving the
    largest number of votes.
    c. No Candidate receives 20% of Vote: If no candidate receives more than twenty percent (20%),
    the at-large delegates and alternates shall be apportioned among such candidates, beginning
    with the candidate receiving the highest number of votes and rounding fractional delegates and
    alternates upward to the next whole number, and then awarding delegates and alternates to the
    second highest candidate in the same manner, and so forth until the delegates and alternates to
    be apportioned have been fully awarded.

Section 10. Pledge of Delegates and Alternates.a. Commitment to Candidate: By assenting to nomination on a Presidential candidate’s slate, each
    delegate and alternate representing a Presidential candidate becomes pledged to the Presidential
    candidate on whose slate the delegate and alternate is nominated in accordance with subsection
    (b) of this section.
    Length of Commitment: A person who is elected as a delegate or alternate to the National
    Convention on the slate of a Presidential candidate by the State Convention to represent that
    particular Presidential candidate at the National Convention and who does not resign from the
    position is pledged to support that Presidential candidate at the National Convention until the
    candidate is nominated or until the delegate or alternate is released from the pledges as follows:

1. First nomination convention ballot: delegate or alternate shall be released from the
    pledge only in the event of death, withdrawal, or by decision of the candidate.
    2. Second nomination convention ballot: delegate or alternate may be released from the
    pledge by decision of the candidate;
    3. Third nominating convention ballot: delegate or alternate shall be released from the
    pledge if the candidate has failed to receive twenty percent (20%) or more of the total
    vote cast on the preceding ballot; or by the decision of the candidate;
    4. Fourth and subsequent nominating convention ballots: delegates and alternates are
    released from any pledge.
    c. Uncommitted Delegates: Uncommitted delegates and alternates may vote as they choose on all
    questions and candidates presented at the National Convention. (This part is no longer applicable as Sections 8 and 9 entitle all the delegates to the candidates)
    Last edited by No1ButPaul08; 04-11-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast