Thread: Deconstructing The Imperfect World Of Ron Paul

Deconstructing The Imperfect World Of Ron Paul

http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/04/...ron-paul/1006/

Judging by some of the heroic worshiping rhetoric found here and other pro-Paul areas of the media world one would get the impression that Ron Paul is perfection personified. Unfortunately he has flaws. Most are of the perfectly imperfect variety. Indeed, flaws are a matter of perception.

In an interview on a Pittsburgh radio station last night the host implied that being honest with the American people is a doomed campaign strategy. I’m not sure if there is a sadder hard truth than that. It is almost as if many Americans beg to be manipulated by our politicians. It is the public discourse equivalent of a wife asking her husband, “Does this dress make me look fat?”. Meanwhile the wife is five foot four and weighs 210 pounds. If Ron Paul were to answer he’d say, “No, your large body makes you look fat. Your clothes are totally irrelevant.” It’s hard to win an election with honesty like that.

Read the rest here:
    http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/04/...ron-paul/1006/

Enjoy.
    Follow Liberty Maven on Twitter

Liberty Maven: A Google News Source, if you'd like to become a contributing author PM me for details.
    Ammo for Sale: Find IN STOCK Ammunition with the ammo search engine.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchubbs View Post
    “No, your large body makes you look fat. Your clothes are totally irrelevant.” It’s hard to win an election with honesty like that.[/I]
    Priceless.

The Bear Stearns stockholder bailout: Billions. The war to keep fuel available for your Hummer: Trillions. The ability to let you great-great-grandchildren pay for it all instead of you:

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Priceless.
    For your state, there's taxes. For the spending habits of Congress, there's Master T-Bill Card.

Gee, why wouldn't this message make everyone feel warm and fuzzy? Crashes, however, have a way to cut into the state of denial. When that day comes, honesty will suddenly turn into the best policy.

They're trying to stave off the crash until after the election. I guess we'll just see how good they really are.
    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

'Well, you can get no more liberty than you give.'--Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The Bear Stearns stockholder bailout: Billions. The war to keep fuel available for your Hummer: Trillions. The ability to let you great-great-grandchildren pay for it all instead of you:

For your state, there's taxes. For the spending habits of Congress, there's Master T-Bill Card.

Gee, why wouldn't this message make everyone feel warm and fuzzy? Crashes, however, have a way to cut into the state of denial. When that day comes, honesty will suddenly turn into the best policy.

They're trying to stave off the crash until after the election. I guess we'll just see how good they really are.
    Oh snap.. LOL that was good.
    New thread competition?
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Thank you for sharing your article on Ron Paul. I read it and listened to the tapes you linked. Your article was also very well written. However, I disagree with several of your thoughts and conclusions.

Where I Disagree.

Right Message, wrong Messenger

Awful stuff in those newsletters for sure and there is no excuse for the fact that he allowed it to happen under his watch. He took responsibility for it. He said, yes that they went out under his name and he wasn't properly overseeing it, and he fired the guy running it. News reports verified that his signature was copied and used as a "stamp" vs, each newsletter signed personally by Paul. In addition money was taken, embezzlement.

but any candidate you can do a media "kill" on, no candidate would make it being perfect, they are all "flawed" all human beings are flawed.

Obama is still defending the words of the guy he associated with as a spirtual leader a close advisor to his soul that fuels the mind. Obama acknowledged no wrong doing, has accepted no responsibility for this relationship or his intention to disconnect with it. In addition, has not been treated the same way in which Paul was treated on the same topic of race. Obama says the media is running a small clip over and over again. If what you are claiming to be true in your article, that the newsletters were one of the reasons why Paul's campaign did not reach media height, then so the same fate should be fall Obama. Not so thou, the media newscasters are actually defending him and giving him media face (something not afforded to Paul in the same amount) to clarify and to place the religious leaders comments into the time and place in which his race based speech was referring to, the years of riots in the streets of the United States, and the root cause of his anger slavery. It then some how gives justification for the religious leaders comments. If you take the comments within the newsletter and the comments of Obama's religious leader and place them together side by side, they are both wrong, they are exactly what fuels a war - hate.

So I disagree, with your point on that, the two men Obama and Paul acted two different ways in relationship to ugly hateful language.

In addition, the 911 truth tellers support Obama as well, they might even support Clinton, or Edwards. But you do not elect a President based on a selection of the people that support him or her, you look at policy and ethics of actions.

The reason Paul is where he is with the public is due to Fox's exclusion of him from the debates, and the censorship by media across the board. In addition, the GOPs actions taken against him to ensure that he was marginalized quickly. A quote I heard by GOP higher ups visiting DC prior to the media censorship was "Ron Paul is a lightening rod".

If you are truly a constitutional supporter, you would agree that the 911 truth tellers are free to participate within our government process. You give the American people little acknowledgement of ability to heard a message and decide for themselves to believe it or not. Ron Paul has been kind to everyone regardless of their Opinions. He has repeatedly said, that is not what I believe about 911. In addition, it is a diversion tactic used by fox to marginalize Paul, I suggest you review the debate tape of Cameron asking Paul to denounce the 911 truth tellers, his answer was right on.

"heroic worshiping rhetoric found here". Worship is such the wrong word to use, I think it is more about respect and honor than worship. The people found here are keeping a light on just in case America wants to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

If I announce that I will be plagarizing this, does it count as plagarism?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    If I announce that I will be plagarizing this, does it count as plagarism?
    Normally. If it is in the interest of American liberty, however, permission granted.
    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    Thank you for sharing your article on Ron Paul. I read it and listened to the tapes you linked. Your article was also very well written. However, I disagree with several of your thoughts and conclusions.

Where I Disagree.

Right Message, wrong Messenger

Awful stuff in those newsletters for sure and there is no excuse for the fact that he allowed it to happen under his watch. He took responsibility for it. He said, yes that they went out under his name and he wasn't properly overseeing it, and he fired the guy running it. News reports verified that his signature was copied and used as a "stamp" vs, each newsletter signed personally by Paul. In addition money was taken, embezzlement.

but any candidate you can do a media "kill" on, no candidate would make it being perfect, they are all "flawed" all human beings are flawed.

Obama is still defending the words of the guy he associated with as a spirtual leader a close advisor to his soul that fuels the mind. Obama acknowledged no wrong doing, has accepted no responsibility for this relationship or his intention to disconnect with it. In addition, has not been treated the same way in which Paul was treated on the same topic of race. Obama says the media is running a small clip over and over again. If what you are claiming to be true in your article, that the newsletters were one of the reasons why Paul's campaign did not reach media height, then so the same fate should be fall Obama. Not so thou, the media newscasters are actually defending him and giving him media face (something not afforded to Paul in the same amount) to clarify and to place the religious leaders comments into the time and place in which his race based speech was referring to, the years of riots in the streets of the United States, and the root cause of his anger slavery. It then some how gives justification for the religious leaders comments. If you take the comments within the newsletter and the comments of Obama's religious leader and place them together side by side, they are both wrong, they are exactly what fuels a war - hate.

So I disagree, with your point on that, the two men Obama and Paul acted two different ways in relationship to ugly hateful language.

In addition, the 911 truth tellers support Obama as well, they might even support Clinton, or Edwards. But you do not elect a President based on a selection of the people that support him or her, you look at policy and ethics of actions.

The reason Paul is where he is with the public is due to Fox's exclusion of him from the debates, and the censorship by media across the board. In addition, the GOPs actions taken against him to ensure that he was marginalized quickly. A quote I heard by GOP higher ups visiting DC prior to the media censorship was "Ron Paul is a lightening rod".

If you are truly a constitutional supporter, you would agree that the 911 truth tellers are free to participate within our government process. You give the American people little acknowledgement of ability to heard a message and decide for themselves to believe it or not. Ron Paul has been kind to everyone regardless of their Opinions. He has repeatedly said, that is not what I believe about 911. In addition, it is a diversion tactic used by fox to marginalize Paul, I suggest you review the debate tape of Cameron asking Paul to denounce the 911 truth tellers, his answer was right on.

"heroic worshiping rhetoric found here". Worship is such the wrong word to use, I think it is more about respect and honor than worship. The people found here are keeping a light on just in case America wants to come home.
    Change... great points. The point about comparing Paul and Obama on the race issue was more about how the media covers such things, not whether or not their coverage is based in truth/reality. So on that I completely agree with you.

When I say American People it is meant to exclude those of us who are awake to Ron Paul, those of us who do form our own opinions based on research, and not buying into what the media shoves at us. The American people I refer to are those that politicians deem "useful idiots". Those that vote based on "feeling" rather than issues. Ultimately, these people need to "wake up" (my own opinion).
    The question is what will it take to make them do so? Merely, "keeping a light on" suggests we just wait around for something to happen to let these people figure things out for themselves. That is fine, but while we're waiting we can be out there trying to educate as well. If RP just wanted to leave the light on, then why did he ultimately run for the office of President?

On the 9-11 truth stuff... I am not (nor will I ever) tell people what they should believe themselves. My take is completely in line with Harry Browne's comments back in 2004 (the audio linked to in the article).

Yes, the "worship" line was maybe a bit much... :-)

In the end it is all about facilitating the spread of RP's message, which is really just our founding father's message.

Enjoy and thanks for your thoughtful comments.
    Follow Liberty Maven on Twitter

Liberty Maven: A Google News Source, if you'd like to become a contributing author PM me for details.
    Ammo for Sale: Find IN STOCK Ammunition with the ammo search engine.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Throw all your criticisms about Ron Paul to the wind and worry about getting him the GOP nomination. You just gave the Democrats a list of talking points. No candidate's perfect, Ron is the best politician in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    ... In addition, the GOPs actions taken against him to ensure that he was marginalized quickly. A quote I heard by GOP higher ups visiting DC prior to the media censorship was "Ron Paul is a lightening rod".
    Great sentence, actually! And very true.

"Ron Paul is a lightning rod." The only reason I can see why that would scare them is if they think we're Frankenstein's Monster.

"It's alive!!!"