Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you vote for McCain/Ron Paul ticket?

Would you vote for McCain/Ron Paul ticket?

My mother, age 70 and living in OH, is pining for McCain to choose Ron Paul as his running mate.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    first of all, that will never happen.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Hell No , 100% Hell No Never
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Well, that's what I told her. Especially since Ron wouldn't/couldn't endorse McCain. But this is a hypothetical....

please ask her not to vote

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    My mother, age 70 and living in OH, is pining for McCain to choose Ron Paul as his running mate.
    if she is voting for mccain ,ill have to vote for someone to counter her vote,omg im getting sick let me guess your mom supported bush,how can anyone with a brain even consider mccain ,its sickening.. mccain and the gop is making me sick,i cant believe i even joined the gop 2 yrs ago its starting to make me puke...

No, she voted for Ron Paul in the primary. She doesn't like McCain at all, and was hoping that RP would make the Republican ticket a little more palatable.

phew ok

No, she voted for Ron Paul in the primary. She doesn't like McCain at all, and was hoping that RP would make the Republican ticket a little more palatable.
    you scared me for a sec im glad she voted ron paul,let her know its not over till the fat lady sings at the convention

She knows that I and many others here in GA are working to become delegates.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Would never happen and would never vote for it.

It would be hard to stomach but yes I'd vote it in the end- otherwise I'll just be writing RP in anyway.
    "Inflation and deflation are about money supply and credit, the latter being more important." Mish Shedlock

lol april fools?
    Ron Paul Phone-Calls from Home - call people the campaign have on lists that might vote for Dr Paul.
    http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

So long as I can be assured that McCain will get the vessel with the pestle, while Paul will get the chalice from the palace, I'd vote for the ticket.

...Hopefully that was obscure enough to dodge an FBI watch list.

Absolutely not. Never. No way.

Id vote for it then go clean my gun.

(just kidding, Secret Service)

In all seriousness, that is why no candidate would ever take RP as VP. They likely wouldnt live a week past their inauguration.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-01-2008 at 11:22 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

She knows nothing about the Elite does she....
    because that notion spells pure ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Id vote for it then go clean my gun.

(just kidding, Secret Service)

In all seriousness, that is why no candidate would ever take RP as VP. They likely wouldnt live a week past their inauguration.
    Spot on. LOL
    And uh, yea - just kidding CIA.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

I'd like to see Ron slap McCain in the back of the head.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IF MCrapola actually changed his ways I think alot of RP supporter's would support that ticket but the old saying is "you cant teach an old dog new tricks Unless you beat the hell out of him"

[RP waterboards McCain into learning new tricks]

I would absolutely vote for a McCain/Paul ticket over whatever Clinton or Obama combo. How could any of you vote AGAINST a ticket that includes RP????

Quote Originally Posted by ultimaonliner View Post
    I would absolutely vote for a McCain/Paul ticket over whatever Clinton or Obama combo. How could any of you vote AGAINST a ticket that includes RP????
    Very easily in this instance.
    '"No army can stop an idea whose time has come!" - Ron Paul 2007

The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable. - H. L. Mencken

Well if that miraculously happened, I might just be so disgusted to ignore all election coverage and abstain from voting. Would ruin Paul's name.

Just think of all the democrats trying to demonize Paul by associating him with a neocon. Neocons and real conservatives must stand apart.
    Last edited by Andrew-Austin; 04-02-2008 at 02:10 AM.

I would not vote for McCain, even if RP was Vice President. Now an Obama/Ron Paul ticket, that might peak my interest more than McCain ever would. Hell give them all socialized medicine, if we can get the rest of our constitution back.

everyone that said yeah should leave the ron paul team and join mccain now. ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING CRACK????? GEEEZ if ron paul was the vp to mccain then he would have sold out,so what your saying is you would SELLOUT

id rather see mccain lose then ron paul as a vp, vp for ron paul means he sold out ,if ron paul accepted a vp position(w mccain),then i WOULD DEMAND EVERY PENNY I SENT TO RON PAUL BE RETURNED ASAP. THIS IS SICKENING TO HEAR PEOPLE SAY THEY WOULD VOTE FOR A MCCAIN/PAUL TICKET ,A BUNCH OF SELLOUTS THINK PEOPLE ,you would endorse mccain? a person that goes opposite of ron paul,that = SELLOUT GOOD LUCK SELLING YOURSELF SHORT,but hey that why we are where we are today because of SELLOUTS ,i tell you what return my 500 bucks and ill sellout to mccain,HELL F'IN NO, come on folks think before you say yes or you are selling out,you dont like me calling you a sellout then dont vote for mccain. THE GOP IS really pathetic in my eyes.

Id go for a barr/paul or paul/barr or someone with pauls positions and paul running with them,but mccain? HELL NO
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 04-02-2008 at 06:13 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-Austin View Post
    Well if that miraculously happened, I might just be so disgusted to ignore all election coverage and abstain from voting. Would ruin Paul's name.

Just think of all the democrats trying to demonize Paul by associating him with a neocon. Neocons and real conservatives must stand apart.
    well said

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    tell her to write in RP!

I'd rather chop my mevongs off with a hammer.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

McWar will pick a full fledged neo-con. No doubt about it.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    you scared me for a sec im glad she voted ron paul,let her know its not over till the fat lady sings at the convention
    right!

Would you vote for a McCain/Paul ticket?
    Absolutely. McCain will probably never finish out his term because of the melanoma issues. Ron Paul is in excellent health and will probably live into his 90s. This is a way for Ron to become President.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast