View Poll Results: nominee for libertarian party...?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • bob barr

21 41.18%
  • mike gravel

6 11.76%
  • ross perot

3 5.88%
  • jesse ventura

14 27.45%
  • rand paul

18 35.29%
  • josh romney

1 1.96%
  • vern mckinley

2 3.92%
  • dennis kucinich

6 11.76%
  • fred thompson

1 1.96%
  • jim ogonowski

1 1.96%
  • ed brooke

1 1.96%
  • russell means

2 3.92%
  • linda hunnicutt

2 3.92%
  • dave ryan

1 1.96%
  • barry goldwater junior

20 39.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THE HEART AND SOUL OF THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY!!! a poll!!!

Thumbs up THE HEART AND SOUL OF THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY!!! a poll!!!

i'd like to know if people here are libertarians or potential libertarians,
    if mike gravel and bob barr REALLY want the nomination, and if the
    libertarian party is open to quite a few people running for the same
    said nomination, of this informal list, who would you happily vote for?

1.] BOB BARR

2.] MIKE GRAVEL

3.] ROSS PEROT

4.] JESSE VENTURA

5.] RAND PAUL

6.] JOSH ROMNEY

7.] VERN McKINLEY

8.] DENNIS KUCINICH

9.] FRED THOMPSON

10.] JIM OGONOWSKI

11.] ED BROOKE

12.] RUSSEL MEANs

13.] Mrs. LINDA HUNNICUTT,

~~~THE VENERABLE PERSON
    WHO IS THE HEART AND SOUL of
    http://www.grannywarriors.com/

14.] DAVE RYAN

15.] BARRY GOLDWATER jr.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lets do a thought exercise... lets say RON PAUL has this here HQ press release
    before, during or after the convention in SEPTEMBER and he HONESTLY says he will
    not actively campaign for the presidency this november, how many of you would
    write him in on a libertarian party ballot or ballot in the general election? i've even
    included RAND PAUL in my above ballot, under the assumption he's a way to dodge
    G.O.P jove~aspected jolts and bolts of displeasure from the "heathen" national committee!!!!

huckabee who wants to run in 2012 won't run for the libertarians.
    ron paul i think is a newtonian I.D person... a la ol' sir isaac!!!
    josh romney is perhaps correct... there were these gold plates...
    i am uncertain if anyone in my list is an atheist. at least they are deists.

bob barr at times unseperates james madison's seperation of church and state?

...and if i've forgotten people, some do up a new poll!

Voted Ron Paul and Goldwater for VP.

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

alan keyes also is an afterthought thought!

new informal tally, ONE vote for RON PAUL!!!

you forgot Mary Ruward.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mary Ruward

Alan Keyes

RON PAUL

people are voting! yay! you also can do write in votes via a keyboard!

Cool

You left out the single greatest candidate to ever walk this Earth, Steve Kubby.

My suspicion that many people on these boards have no idea what a Libertarian really is, is growing.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

Steve Kubby
    Alan Keyes
    Mary Ruward

Kade, yes!

russell means once ran in the LP!

Ron Paul w/Ross Perot as a sugardaddy, and someone else as VP. Maybe Gravel, just to tempt a lot of crossover votes from Dems.
    TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    Why the hell would I want friends? Most people I meet are idiots.

i see Rand Paul as having an early lead!
    will his father's write-ins be greater than
    Rand Paul's votes in this informal poll???

TWO RON PAUL WRITE-INs!!!!!!!

i'd like to know if people here are libertarians or potential libertarians
    Ron Paul's position on abortion is diametrically opposed to the official Libertarian Parties position. It's a clear deal breaker.

A person either agrees with Ron Paul on this or they don't. Those who fully agree with Ron Paul on this issue, can't, in good conscience, maintain their integrity while casting a vote that even indirectly supports that plank of the Libertarian Party's official platform.

I fully support all of Ron Paul's positions.

I am a staunch Paleo-Conservative Republican. Constitutional rights begin at conception.

If I were to vote across party lines, it would be for the Constitution Party's candidate. (Chief Justice Roy Moore & Alan Keyes both have good chances of being nominated)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the numbers in my poll are sorta weird in terms of percentages! move over diebold!
    i admit i did allow several votes as one of the options, and yes, i might do a new poll!

chuck baldwin from florida and this is not the guy donald trump just fired? a new name?

rand paul and barry goldwater junior just both recieved a new vote! people are voting!

another vote for bob barr... people are voting!

the votes so far, a wheat from chaff experiament!

All right... who voted for Kusinich?

The guy is in no way a libertarian... he wants to nationalize... you know, everything.
    "For when our kids go off to battle, no one dare oppose the action, for that is seen as opposing them. The blood of our nation's youth, all too often, is spilt as if it can wipe away the policy sins of the Congress and the President."
    ~ Ron Paul
    November 23, 1998

You are here.

i am not talking and actually i didn't even though i sorta liked his true grit during the debates.
    i voted for the nice lady who goes about in this here van, who likes to namedrop RON PAUL!!!

i'd run "grannywarriors" herself if i could!

None of the above ^ ^

However, if we could somehow get the DNA of Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman and Murray Rothbard together for a mergy-cloney thingy....

I'd vote for that person

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The problem with the LP is that it is controlled by the most radical libertarians in the country. These folks would rather muddle around out of power, pointing fingers and complaining than actually trying to govern which requires the ability to moderate your views, no matter how right you think you are. The LP is in dire need of a new direction and someone that think the only way to be pure in your beliefs is to hold the most extreme libertarian views.

Many of the candidates on the list would help bring the LP more into the American mainstream but as long as the party remains in control by the lunatic fringe it will remain an asterisk in American politics and not even mentioned in government.

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    None of the above ^ ^

However, if we could somehow get the DNA of Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman and Murray Rothbard together for a mergy-cloney thingy....

I'd vote for that person
    Leonard Peikoff and David D. Friedman?

Those two combined offer everything the previous three did...

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

Mary Ruwart. The greatest! next to RP of course. heh. If only she was electable..... *sighs*

Josh Romney??
    “We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual
    debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty, or
    profusion and servitude.”
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    Ron Paul's position on abortion is diametrically opposed to the official Libertarian Parties position. It's a clear deal breaker.

A person either agrees with Ron Paul on this or they don't. Those who fully agree with Ron Paul on this issue, can't, in good conscience, maintain their integrity while casting a vote that even indirectly supports that plank of the Libertarian Party's official platform.

I fully support all of Ron Paul's positions.

I am a staunch Paleo-Conservative Republican. Constitutional rights begin at conception.

If I were to vote across party lines, it would be for the Constitution Party's candidate. (Chief Justice Roy Moore & Alan Keyes both have good chances of being nominated)
    Chuck Baldwin is the best choice for the CP. I hope they don't give it to Keyes.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Oh and why is Fred Thompson on this list??
    - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast