Thread: We NEED a delegate Education hub for people interested in becoming a Delegate

We NEED a delegate Education hub for people interested in becoming a Delegate

I was޲ jus޲t thi޲nki޲ng tha޲t we nee޲d to get޲ as man޲y del޲ega޲tes޲ as pos޲sib޲le,޲ but޲ we can޲not޲ ass޲ume޲ tha޲t eve޲ryb޲ody޲ und޲ers޲tan޲ds the޲ rul޲es lik޲e Rob޲ert޲s, kno޲ws how޲ to unb޲ind޲ or eve޲n bec޲ome޲ a del޲ega޲te.޲ The problem is that so much info out there but it's only put out there for the internet savvy who have access to it.

The޲ pro޲ble޲m I see޲ is tha޲t we nee޲d som޲e typ޲e of sta޲tio޲n to edu޲cat޲e our޲ del޲ega޲tes޲ or peo޲ple޲ who޲ are޲ int޲ere޲ste޲d in bec޲omi޲ng one޲. A place where people can access all of their questions and has the resources to educate those individuals. We don't have to , but we NEED a place to discuss tactics, education, motivation, and what we can and cannot do.

Her޲e's޲ a few޲ thi޲ngs޲ we nee޲d to do:޲

So,޲ figure out where we can put this information, and޲ als޲o lin޲ks fro޲m oth޲er sit޲es that have the info.޲ I say޲ we sta޲rt to par޲tit޲ion޲ thi޲s inf޲o out޲ to Mee޲tup޲ gro޲ups so people can have a reference to go to޲. We also need a few޲ pro޲mot޲ers޲ sen޲d out޲ inf޲o to a cer޲tai޲n amo޲unt޲ of meetup gro޲ups޲.

Who޲ is int޲ere޲ste޲d?

If any޲one޲ has޲ a web޲sit޲e we can޲ hos޲t thi޲s inf޲o on let޲ me kno޲w. Goi޲ng to nee޲d peo޲ple޲ hel޲p pro޲mot޲e, peo޲ple޲ to sen޲d inf޲o her޲e, and޲ peo޲ple޲ to sen޲d out޲ bul޲let޲ins޲ reg޲ard޲ing޲ thi޲s. Also to encourage others to become delegates. Everyone can help out in their own comfort zone.

If we all work together who knows what we can accomplish here!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this thread is about 6 months too late
    Screw the big two! Let's all vote Libertarian.

I think we'd need about fifty, since state rules and laws come into play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

It's not too late when state conventions are still happening and also there are many people unaware that they can unbind their states.

Many are unaware of the Robert Rules of Order either.

Here is a question I was asked. Now if we could have say a hub for these questions to be asked then that would be more beneficial to the task at hand.

Yes, I agree. I am a Nac. County delegate, the county convention is the 29th. I don't know what to do. I was told to study Roberts Rules of Order, but other than that IDK. I need to figure out how to unbind our votes. I know we have quite a few, I'm guessing around 20(give or take) RP supporters who are county delegates here; so, some of us just might make it to the state convention, but I've been told it's almost impossible for a new activists to make it past the state convention to the national in Minneapolis. We need to start attending local GOP meetings, become involved in local politics. If all of us RP supporters took our counties back from these fat cats who have been running the show forever, maybe we can make a change. Have you heard about Dr. Paul's Revolution Manifesto? It's supposed to be released first of April. I can't wait to read it!
    Last edited by Magicman; 03-19-2008 at 08:56 AM.

As far as compiling the info for what to do as a delegate
    and at the convention, should be organized by the
    meetups and already in play

And if I'm not mistaken, the only remaining states that
    we can 'still add fresh delegates' are the 10 remaining
    states' caucuses, right?
    www.StandAndUnite.com
    Here's a very advanced, stealthy, yet simple way to spread the word of freedom, peace, prosperity and Dr. Paul!

"247 Gas Saving Tips to Help Save Gas, Pay Less for Gas & Get More Miles Per Gallon 24/7!"
    Affiliates earn 100% commissions for every $7 membership they refer!

"I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul
    FreeStateProject.org
    "I'm not only a friend, I'm also a member!" -- Alex Hunter

or are there states that you can become a delegate right up to the convention??????????

If there was, you'd think we'd be all over it.
    www.StandAndUnite.com
    Here's a very advanced, stealthy, yet simple way to spread the word of freedom, peace, prosperity and Dr. Paul!

"247 Gas Saving Tips to Help Save Gas, Pay Less for Gas & Get More Miles Per Gallon 24/7!"

FreeStateProject.org

Quote Originally Posted by A Ron Paul Rebel View Post
    As far as compiling the info for what to do as a delegate
    and at the convention, should be organized by the
    meetups and already in play

And if I'm not mistaken, the only remaining states that
    we can 'still add fresh delegates' are the 10 remaining
    states' caucuses, right?

Well thats the thing is that there are a lot of meetups and states that are still unaware of the binding process. You cannot assume that each meetup group has tried. Some might have given up because their winner take all states.

If they could get a bit more motivation and education then things might be different.

if anybody in meetups is reading these threads for
    the last 3 months knows about delegates and has
    seen 200 x about being, researching and what to
    do... as of late.

I was 100% surprised with MO and still get giddie
    thinking about it.

p.s. I agree completely that we need to increase
    communication and support between states. That's
    'state organizers' being in contact with each other
    and 'emailing surrounding states meetups' comes
    into play.

I was promoting this heavily in this thread which
    has a lot of the great delegate info in it:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128700

>>>
    Last edited by A Ron Paul Rebel; 03-19-2008 at 09:48 AM.
    www.StandAndUnite.com

FreeStateProject.org

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Ron Paul Rebel View Post
    if anybody in meetups is reading these threads for
    the last 3 months knows about delegates and has
    seen 200 x about being, researching and what to
    do... as of late.

I was 100% surprised with MO and still get giddie
    thinking about it.

p.s. I agree completely that we need to increase
    communication and support between states. That's
    'state organizers' being in contact with each other
    and 'emailing surrounding states meetups' comes
    into play.

I was promoting this heavily in this thread which
    has a lot of the great delegate info in it:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128700

>>>

You maybe right about some of the bigger Meetups but there are a lot of smaller ones that may have gotten discouraged after winner take all and are sort of idle right now. That's why there needs to be some responses to push them out of obscurity.

Last week I found out the hard way how VERY HARD it is to contact other meetup.com group members via their message systems. Users are only allowed to send 12 messages a day... hard to kick-start a revolution with a communication platform like that one. ( Don't get me wrong... meetup.com is a wonderful idea in the local sense ) The website I threw together already has all 50 states organized into 10 districts (same districts the government uses LOL).

Here in Missouri we've been busy...! Now that the cacauses are over we will be working on getting our Missouri state capitol march up and running. Am I competing with the national marches hell no... this effort has one clear and demanding goal... "shake and wake" anyone statewide who needs it...!!!

We need bright organized folks like you Magicman (ps empty your mail box it's full) to get this baby rolling. I saw you have promotional back ground in music events. We have every intention on having a march on Friday, a "kick'n" Friday night social with live music, and a Saturday town hall ( complete with real questions ). Again 50 marches... 50 town halls, 50 socials... somewhere in that effort someone is going to learn about the US Constitution. IT IS OUR EVERY INTENTION to advertise this event in every way under the sun, over the next 3.5 months. And... And... And........ EVERY flier distributed will absolutely have a small condensed version of the Constitution right smack dab on it.

Anyone out there ever seen any condensed examples of the US Constitution ??? Condensed as in rewritten in todays lexicon... yes the Constitution is "hip" but can we make it sound "hip" and "relevant" in todays tounge ???

Ramblin Randy
    Project Sunshine... Time to send the grey clouds to the McCain Camp
    www.arewestillfree.org

Cowanga, what are you specifically talking about?

You cant send many messages to email but as far as I know you can send as many messages to meetup messageboards as you want. You could put at the top Meetup organizers please send this message as a group email to help with that.

The only downer is that you can join 20 groups a day. However if you already joined them then your in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman View Post

You cant send many messages to email but as far as I know you can send as many messages to meetup messageboards as you want. You could put at the top Meetup organizers please send this message as a group email to help with that.

The only downer is that you can join 20 groups a day. However if you already joined them then your in good shape.
    Cowanga, seperate the meetups for OUR REMAINING states.
    Can also send a 'Call for Help' to surrounding states... to help
    round up future delegates!!!
    www.StandAndUnite.com

FreeStateProject.org

Tried to reach some meetup groups thru out Missouri... only allowed to contact 12 per 24 hour period. Meetup.com is a great thing, and no way would want to diminish it's importance. Matter of fact I enjoy the meetings much more than pecking on these computers. Am late for our weekly meeting must run out the door nowwwwwwwww......
    Laugh Hard, Hang Tough, Lend a Hand
    -Ramblin Randy

Quote Originally Posted by wowabunga View Post
    Tried to reach some meetup groups thru out Missouri... only allowed to contact 12 per 24 hour period. Meetup.com is a great thing, and no way would want to diminish it's importance. Matter of fact I enjoy the meetings much more than pecking on these computers. Am late for our weekly meeting must run out the door nowwwwwwwww......
    Read this again... You can be WAY more effective POSTING AN ANNOUNCEMENT to the sprecific meetup pages rather than individual emails... emailing the meetup organizer is also very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman View Post

www.StandAndUnite.com

FreeStateProject.org