Thread: It's time we become members of the Electoral College and vote for Ron Paul

It's time we become members of the Electoral College and vote for Ron Paul

This isn't over.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    no way is it over dude. i agree.

Do you know what it entails to become a member of the electoral college?
    "And there's a greater burden on you than the average person because you know better. So you have an obligation to spread this message, others don't know any better so they don't have this obligation. You have, you are now responsible because you have the message, you know what is right, you know what has to be done, and you know that it will be dependant on you to do it." ......Ron Paul

what does it entail? what powers do members have?
    youtube.com/theantirobot

Twenty Four states carry penalties for violating your pledge. I am unsure which they are, but I am almost certain we will have to pretend to be liberal Democrats to become a member because it looks to be their year.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Who cares if they carry penalties? It would be worth it for the sake of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by robmpreston View Post
    Who cares if they carry penalties? It would be worth it for the sake of the country.
    I am just saying that you should be prudent.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RP is the ONLY candidate who can save this country. It's a matter of national security that he be put in office, whatever it takes. I don't care if all the American Idol lovers will not be "happy". They'll go back to sleep in, oh, 10 minutes. The msm needs to be taken over, too. I don't know how but the 24/7 brainwashing has to stop. If we could just take over one station for 24 hrs...

Maybe just ignore me...I just spent the last hour reading the Economics forum.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
    The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss

I think it's much more safer to become delegates right now. Screwing with the Electoral College may not be very pleasing with the public...

You can say that all you want...but if you really think that a lot of people are going to go to prison just to make a point (since you will never get enough to actually give him a majority) you are insane.

Again...idiotic statements like this make you worthless to the cause. When peple have reasons to consider your a crazy lunatic (and they do if you say things like this) then it is easy to ignore you.

It could possibly happen. It would be okay to do this in states that don't mandate prison for this....or even require that the elector be faithful.

Go for it. Why not get some RP electors in there?

Quote Originally Posted by GoPaul08 View Post
    You can say that all you want...but if you really think that a lot of people are going to go to prison just to make a point (since you will never get enough to actually give him a majority) you are insane.

Again...idiotic statements like this make you worthless to the cause. When peple have reasons to consider your a crazy lunatic (and they do if you say things like this) then it is easy to ignore you.

The whole point is moot, since the electors are chosen by the party bosses and have been DECADES long loyalists to the party. The only way you are going to get in is if the RP folks take over every level of the GOP. But if that happens, RP will win the nom. anyway, so what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by GoPaul08 View Post

Making a sacrifice for something you believe in makes you a lunatic? Excuse me?

Electoral college

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    The whole point is moot, since the electors are chosen by the party bosses and have been DECADES long loyalists to the party. The only way you are going to get in is if the RP folks take over every level of the GOP. But if that happens, RP will win the nom. anyway, so what is the point?
    Hook is right, these positions are not voted upon, but awarded to long standing party members, for services rendered.

Keep going after the delegate positions and campaigning for those persons who's platform is in accordance with the message.
    "And there's a greater burden on you than the average person because you know better. So you have an obligation to spread this message, others don't know any better so they don't have this obligation. You have, you are now responsible because you have the message, you know what is right, you know what has to be done, and you know that it will be dependant on you to do it." ......Ron Paul

Often some of them are decided at state conventions. Just be aware and prepared, but don't make it a primary goal. When and if the opportunity presents itself, seize it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    This isn't over.
    Thanks for suggesting this. Sorry it took so long. :-D -- BG

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by profg View Post
    Thanks for suggesting this. Sorry it took so long. :-D -- BG
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Jan2017

Well, the penalty would probably be that the electors vote wouldn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Zera View Post
    I think it's much more safer to become delegates right now. Screwing with the Electoral College may not be very pleasing with the public...
    'Screwing with the Electoral College " . . . sounds like some grassroots organizin' as in mid-2007, eh?
    Zeppellin days in the way . . . oops, I mean blimp

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    This isn't over.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 12-20-2016 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperpete1 View Post
    Do you know what it entails to become a member of the electoral college?
    Yes, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by theantirobot View Post
    what does it entail? what powers do members have?
    The power to vote for Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by libertythor View Post
    It could possibly happen. It would be okay to do this in states that don't mandate prison for this....or even require that the elector be faithful.

Go for it. Why not get some RP electors in there?
    Yeah, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Or, you could have long-time GOP "loyalists" who are Ron Paul supporters become Electors. Like I did.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperpete1 View Post
    Hook is right, these positions are not voted upon, but awarded to long standing party members, for services rendered.

Keep going after the delegate positions and campaigning for those persons who's platform is in accordance with the message.
    Yes, keep doing those things... but also try to become an Elector. It obviously CAN be done.

Quote Originally Posted by libertythor View Post
    Often some of them are decided at state conventions. Just be aware and prepared, but don't make it a primary goal. When and if the opportunity presents itself, seize it.
    Best advice. Exactly how I did it.