Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Caucus Results [MOD: MULTIPLE County victory details; MUST READ for all]

St. Charles County

RP supporters dominated the St. Charles County caucus!

Congrats to Denny (aka derdy) for a job well-done. I'll let him give you the details.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tell us Derdy!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well, I'd love to go into great detail right now, but I'm so tired I can't even be excited.

Last night it was slamming the phones, strategizing, compiling our lists drinking beer til 5am, then switching to coffee at 5:30am, fell asleep at computer for one hour, went to the caucus setup our table for our "front" group, with the laptop, our "Conservative Values" logo, courtesy of Brandon, printed out on stickers.

I was told this was the biggest caucus they've had there by regulars. We won the chairmanship 72-59 even though their nominee was supported by all the old guard, even some local/state politicians were there.

So to summarize we got 252 delegates out of 274 possible. The only reason they got any is because they basically acknowledged we had the majority (I was head of rules committee and I had no idea what I was doing lol) I said if we had any empty slots on our slate they could fill them. Well, after the recess we filled all of our slots. So then this one guy starts whining and saying we're all Republicans and Christians (I'm an atheist) and we should work together blah blah. Then he tried to be sneaky and say the motion he was passing would only fill in the blanks when the actual verbage of his motion would've allowed those in attendance to have preference over anyone on our delegate list that wasn't there. We caugh him red handed and then he had to change. Well, I motioned to concede 10 spots on our slate for them, because I'm nice, but he didn't like that, he wanted 13. He threw his voter card thing at the chair and stormed out leaving his hat behind!

We have the first hour on video when the room was the most packed so I'm interested to see the video. I was there from 8:30am-3:00pm!!

We passed all kinds of amendments to the platform, it was amazing. Deb, if you want to fill in the details for now, I'm good with that. I'm absolutely exhausted.

We did incredibly well, beyond my wildest dreams. And the revolution continues....

PS I'll have a more detailed account of the events sometime soon. It was a 5 hour event so it could take a minute
    Last edited by derdy; 03-19-2008 at 06:10 PM.
    '"No army can stop an idea whose time has come!" - Ron Paul 2007

The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable. - H. L. Mencken

This is excellent news derdy. Thank you very much for sharing. I cannot wait to read the rest of your report. Please, when you have time, post that video on Google video so that we can all see what the atmosphere was like.

Good Job Guys!

Now, please carry on Deb. Fill us in.

So Derdy, you guys set up an issues slate? Kinda like the pro life/family (McCain) slate did in Louisiana? YEEEESSSS!!!!

What's so wonderful about this is that we ARE the "conservative" slate! When the McCain slate claimed to be pro life in La, they were lying! This was a rightous and honest move by Mo delegates!

The Revolution Lives!!!! Awesome job!!!!
    My blog is mostly chicks doing yoga, Ron Paul, and puppies. www.theroguenation.blogspot.com

I would sticky this but it'd get less attention.

This thread and Derdy's post should stay at the top of the new-post list for the near future.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by derdy View Post
    Well, I'd love to go into great detail right now, but I'm so tired I can't even be excited.

Last night it was slamming the phones, strategizing, compiling our lists drinking beer til 5am, then switching to coffee at 5:30am, fell asleep at computer for one hour, went to the caucus setup our table for our "front" group, with the laptop, our "Conservative Values" logo, courtesy of Brandon, printed out on stickers.

I was told this was the biggest caucus they've had there by regulars. We won the chairmanship 72-59 even though their nominee was supported by all the old guard, even some local/state politicians were there.

So to summarize we got 252 delegates out of 274 possible. The only reason they got any is because they basically acknowledged we had the majority and they realized that the only way they would be going to the Conventions is if they kissed my ass (I was head of rules committee and I had no idea what I was doing lol) I said if we had any empty slots on our slate they could fill them. Well, after the recess we filled all of our slots. So then this one guy starts whining and saying we're all Republicans and Christians (I'm an atheist) and we should work together blah blah. Then he tried to be sneaky and say the motion he was passing would only fill in the blanks when the actual verbage of his motion would've allowed those in attendance to have preference over anyone on our delegate list that wasn't there. We caugh him red handed and then he had to change. Well, I motioned to concede 10 spots on our slate for them, because I'm nice, but he didn't like that, he wanted 13. He threw his voter card thing at the chair and stormed out leaving his hat behind!

We have the first hour on video when the room was the most packed so I'm interested to see the video. I was there from 8:30am-3:00pm!!

We passed all kinds of amendments to the platform, it was amazing. Deb, if you want to fill in the details for now, I'm good with that. I'm absolutely exhausted.

We did incredibly well, beyond my wildest dreams. And the revolution continues....

PS I'll have a more detailed account of the events sometime soon. It was a 5 hour event so it could take a minute
    Now this is what I call owning the room! Good job, you guys ruled, and knew you would rule. If they were in power, they/He would not be nice to you! You would have got nothing. take no prisoners! Heads should roll, Right?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know the details of Missouri, but I imagine there are a lot of angry "mainstream" people on the phones right now trying to figure out how to stop you all at the next level.

Make sure to get one step ahead of whatever you think they may try and pull.

Go MISSOURI!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

This account sounds like he was there also:

ht tp://journals.aol.com/rrchill/unique/entries/2008/03/15/parade-skipping-and-g.o.p.-juvenile-conduct./2533

When I arrived at the caucus location at about 10am, the parking lot was lined with Ron Paul signs. Almost every car in the parking lot had a Ron Paul sticker. There was a Ron Paul table in the entry staffed with people answering questions about how to participate in a caucus. I signed in, entered, and every single seat in the auditorium had upon it Ron Paul pamphlets outlining his stance on issues. I sat in the 5th District area on the left half of the auditorium, within earshot of the mainstay Republican crowd, which I'll call the Ward Parkway Republicans, like good ole Claire McCaskill. There was a very long delay as people continued to file in. Candidates in upcoming elections met and greeted up and down the aisles and spoke with anyone who would listen. The meeting began, and a chairperson from among the established core group was quickly nominated and accepted. He presided over the selection of a secretary, who was elected from among the Ron Paul supporters. He began taking minutes. Committees were quickly formed by nomination and immediate appointment by the chair, including a balance of folks from each faction. The agenda was presented by the Secretary. The agenda includes electing a slate of delegates for the district and state conventions, deciding on amendments to the party platform, and any resolutions which should be forwarded on to the conventions. Some speeches were given by present office-holders and movers and shakers in the state legislature while the committees were working. Then, there was a long recess, while rules and proceedures and politicking went on in various parts of the auditorium. After the break, the rules committee read the rules for the meeting. Then, resolutions were presented, including a resolution to change the party rule that delegates must vote according to the winner of the primary election, but they could vote their conscience. That would make Missouri a caucus state for Republicans instead of a winner-take-all state. It passed, to the chagrin of the Ward Parkway crowd. Then, slates of candidates were to be nominated. The leaders from the Ron Paul faction nominated a slate of candidates to include a mix of 107 Ron Paul supporters and 80 from the Ward Parkway establishment. The chair accepted the nomination, then one of the other Ron Paul supporter types, Michael Michelson, interjected, moving to debate the nomination. Since it was a nomination, there wasn't anything to debate, really, just take a vote up or down. There was a delay and some disruption from the audience,then the chair let the young man know that he could nominate an alternate slate, which could be voted upon. He proceeded to do so. That was quickly seconded, and a debate ensued. Ross Perot was mentioned, tempers flared, someone who was out of order said it was time for the real Republicans to stand up. And everyone in the room stood. Then, there was some mumbling, and the chairperson said "In politics, your word is your bond.", then he stepped toward the exit along with the bunch on the left side of the auditorium who grabbed their things and left. Again, there was a delay, because nobody knew how to proceed when the chairperson just leaves without adjourning. The secretary took over the chair position, being the senior person on the stage. Another secretary was elected. A parliamentarian was appointed by the chairperson. The meeting proceeded. Debate in favor of the and against the first slate of delegates took place, then debate about whether or not it was okay to vote on a slate which was no longer present at the meeting, since they had taken the list (and the rolls of attendees) away when they left, then we voted to continue to vote on the nominated list, even though it could not be read. That was okayed. Then there was a vote. It was very close. . . something like 62 to 70, so the mixed slate which was agreed upon between factions failed. The slate containing 100% Ron Paul delegates, including myself, passed. The irony is that if the Ward Parkway contingent had stayed, their agreed upon slate would have passed. After that, the meeting went on. There was debate about 18 or so platform items, and all but one or two of the items passed. Some comments were made and the meeting was adjourned.

How the press views what happened at this caucus may be positive or negative, but I saw how the system works in all it's ugliness. I saw how an 18 year old kid, can throw the wrench into politics as usual, and how supporters of a cause can band together and make change happen. The question now is about whether or not the Ron Paul faction of the Republican party can maintain this momentum. There was a lot of institutional G.O.P knowledge and experience in that room who took a big slap in the face when the mixed slate was not just immediately accepted. There are people who almost always go to the state convention who now cannot. Now, because of a poorly attended caucus, all of the Jackson county delegates will be Ron Paul supporters. And it wouldn't have been so, if the Jackson County Republican mainstays hadn't acted like juveniles and walked out before voting.

So to summarize we got 252 delegates out of 274 possible. The only reason they got any is because they basically acknowledged we had the majority and they realized that the only way they would be going to the Conventions is if they kissed my ass (I was head of rules committee and I had no idea what I was doing lol) I said if we had any empty slots on our slate they could fill them. Well, after the recess we filled all of our slots. So then this one guy starts whining and saying we're all Republicans and Christians (I'm an atheist) and we should work together blah blah. Then he tried to be sneaky and say the motion he was passing would only fill in the blanks when the actual verbage of his motion would've allowed those in attendance to have preference over anyone on our delegate list that wasn't there. We caugh him red handed and then he had to change. Well, I motioned to concede 10 spots on our slate for them, because I'm nice, but he didn't like that, he wanted 13. He threw his voter card thing at the chair and stormed out leaving his hat behind!

My blog is mostly chicks doing yoga, Ron Paul, and puppies. www.theroguenation.blogspot.com

Cowlesy, can you send a mass e-mail to all members of this site, informing them of this terrific news. It will help cheer up the few of our members who have given up and who feel that they were let down by HQ. It will help build their spirits and show them that this fight is far from over.

McInsane and the GOP are in for a shock come the national convention.

And we thought WA was a success.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Cowlesy, can you send a mass e-mail to all members of this site, informing them of this terrific news. It will help cheer up the few of our members who have given up and who feel that they were let down by HQ. It will help build their spirits and show them that this fight is far from over.

McInsane and the GOP are in for a shock come the national convention.
    I'd love to, but I am just a Moderator and we don't have access to that kind of ammunition. Now, an Administrator might have that ability -- but to date I've never received an email from RPForums -- not sure if they even have the capability as owners.

If you could, send this thread to as many Ron Paul supporters as possible. Hopefully others will mimic the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    And we thought WA was a success.
    +1
    And we though Louisiana was going to be the turning point... maybe it was just the wake-up call to the rest of our delegates.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I'd love to, but I am just a Moderator and we don't have access to that kind of ammunition. Now, an Administrator might have that ability -- but to date I've never received an email from RPForums -- not sure if they even have the capability as owners.

If you could, send this thread to as many Ron Paul supporters as possible. Hopefully others will mimic the idea.
    I sent it out to my email list.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Yes, we swept Lawrence County

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Hopper View Post
    Looks like we swept Jackson County and Lawrence county too!!!
    Lawrence County got 16 of 16 delegates. We didn't have enough delegates for the alternates, so we gave away 8 of those and kept 8 alternates.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cowlesy

Ok, because it is late here in Spain, (1:08am) I will go through the members list starting with A and send out as many e-mails as I can tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Now, an Administrator might have that ability -- but to date I've never received an email from RPForums -- not sure if they even have the capability as owners..
    This can certainly be done. It's under the Users section in the Admin CP.

Oh, and congrats Missouri!

I love you Suzu and all of your fellow Missourians!!!

With a state capitol of Jefferson City I knew you patriots would come through.

UNITED WE STAND!

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

Way to go Missouri! Thats the way to lead!!! Its happening!!! Everyone take note and follow!

Quote Originally Posted by Signzit View Post
    Now this is what I call owning the room! Good job, you guys ruled, and knew you would rule. If they were in power, they/He would not be nice to you! You would have got nothing. take no prisoners! Heads should roll, Right?
    The delegates we gave them are nothing compared to the total number. I'm running for committeman in my township, so I wanted to show that I'm at least fair and willing to work with people.

However, I will share some notes with you my friend took when we sent him on recon to the local County GOP meeting last Thursday. Someone in MO had found out about around last Monday and sent it to the GOP statewide. We were wondering what our local GOP would say at their meeting. 90% of the meeting was about stopping us. The notes are what the chairman said:

I just got back from the St. Charles County Republican Central Committee Meeting. There was 7 committee and 4 audience members there. Here are the important minutes of the meeting.

The meeting started out saying by the chair saying how he was mad that the Democrats got an article about their caucus got a huge article about it on the front page of the suburban journals and they wouldn’t do it for the republicans. He said that the democrats had 75 people total that showed up for their caucus.

He then went into how the Ron Paul people were trying to hijack the caucus. He received calls from a large number of RP people that wanted info on the caucus and also many that didn’t want to say who they were affiliated with.

He said he went to the Ron Paul Website and saw that he had all kinds of info on the caucus and the GOP website had none…

He said not only do they want to be delegates to the convention, but they also want to amend the party platform.

He said bring everyone there that you can, Get everyone in by 10am and shut the door, don’t let any RP people in after 10am.

He said key to the election in getting the electing the caucus chairman and that the chairman runs the show. He said, we HAVE to get chair, chairmen is winner take all basically.

If we lose control of chair, you have RP stuff in your platform.

He said the 2004 caucus only had 50 people there.

He also said, they only had 30 delegates chosen so far. There is a 20% or so chance they may of suspected me of being a spy and through that in there to throw us off, but I don’t think they did.

We need to keep working to get delegates, and voters, so we can blow these guys outta the water, come on join the fun.

The chairman is the guy that came up and said they were withdrawing their slate because it was clear we had majority and he wanted to work with us. Knowing that he said the above and that he would've tried to railroad us had they got the chair, I could've shut them out and felt fine about it. However, this is politics and I would like to make some inroads with people before I start making enemies.

I'm sure someone else woud've done it different but our group of supporters there seemed to approve of it.
    Last edited by derdy; 03-15-2008 at 06:56 PM.

The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable. - H. L. Mencken

The delegates we gave them are nothing compared to the total number. I'm running for committeman in my township, so I wanted to show that I'm at least fair and willing to work with people.

However, I will share some notes with you my friend took when we sent him on recon to the local County GOP meeting last Thursday. Someone in MO had found out about around last Monday and sent it to the GOP statewide. We were wondering what our local GOP would say at their meeting. 90% of the meeting was about stopping us. The notes are what the chairman said:

The chairman is the guy that came up and said they were withdrawing their slate because it was clear we had majority and he wanted to work with us. Knowing that he said the above and that he would've tried to railroad us had they got the chair, I could've shut them out and felt fine about it. However, this is politics and I would like to make some inroads with people before I start making enemies.

I'm sure someone else woud've done it different but our group of supporters there seemed to approve of it.

It sounds like to me that Republicans are taking back their party, and waking up other Republicans to the fact they've lost their way.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone, great job. This is truly amazing and shows what kinds of things we can pull off if we continue to believe we can.

Now, I joined the site a little late, despite being a Paul supporters for a while. But can someone inform me of what exactly happened in Louisiana? It sounds bad... And can it be fixed at this point?

//
    Last edited by derdy; 03-19-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawks4ronpaul View Post
    Derdy, you posted the name of your spy.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/
    lol oh well. Cat's out of the bag on him already. He talked to the chairman and the chairman wanted him to go to the caucus.

He gave him a funny look today when he was working behind the "Conservative Values" table and then appointed to Credentials Committee

EDIT For the sake of his privacy I removed it, however. Good looking out. Brain is on the fritz right now.... must drink beeer!

Great news! Thank you for all your hard work.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast