Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why YOU should get into reloading. Yes, YOU.

RCBS reloading set for .223 Rem.

is for sale in my area for $575. Is this a quality reloading set?
    Do you think it is worth the price they are asking?

Just looking for opinions so I can make a good decision. thanks

RCBS reloading set for .223 Rem.

Includes Press, powder measure, scale, dies, bullets, primers, powder, lots of brass, reloading blocks, manuals, etc. Lots of "extras". Only 4 years old-in like-new condition. Includes a custom made, professional looking loading bench.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mental note:

Small Rifle Primers in pistol ammo can cause high primers.
    If this should be, our final stand,
    we will stand together with pride
    We will honour the past, and fight to the last,
    it will be a good way to die
    It matters not, if the cause is lost,
    and we can not stop the tide
    We will fight to the end, and then fight again,

Additional note: crimps on subsonic pistol loads can make a world of difference to velocity.

A good friend of mine is in possession of about half a ton of salvaged lead from a hospital x-ray room. Anyone know if this type of lead would be radioactive? I've considered buying a chunk off of him on the cheap, but its not worth any radiation risk.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    A good friend of mine is in possession of about half a ton of salvaged lead from a hospital x-ray room. Anyone know if this type of lead would be radioactive? I've considered buying a chunk off of him on the cheap, but its not worth any radiation risk.
    If its only been exposed by hospital X-rays, its perfectly fine. You only have to worry about activation of the lead if its been exposed to a neutron flux.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Well. I, chudrockz, have finally gotten into the world of reloading. It only took about fifteen years (since I bought my first pistol)!

I was at a gun show locally earlier today, and found a used Lee "Load-All" 12 gauge press for $25. Talked him down to $15 plus tax, and got outta there with a "new-used" press for $16.10 ! Fairly proud, I am.

If anyone has any words of wisdom or experience with these, feel free to chime in! In the meantime I left a message for my wife's sister, her husband reloads and I hope will make a good teacher, as I for the moment know next-to-nothing about it.

Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

I haven't read the thread, but you've convinced me.

I'm going to get the supplies to reload. I've got all sorts of information downloaded so I can read up whatever I need, and youtube shows me how, and I'm pretty well trained with regards to laboratory techniques so safety and precision and attention to detail won't be a problem.

My first question for those who actually know what they are doing though is, what brand powder would you recommend for use with .32 caliber ammo? What I currently have are 98 grain loads, so I don't see any reason not to stick with this. From the hodgdon website it seems they recommend 1) Universal 2) HP-38 or 3) Titegroup but I don't know anything about these brands.

The only other consideration is I will probably get into reloading .357 cartridges soon so it would be best if I could get a powder now and be able to use it for this as well.

Obviously I need to get the dies and a press and such, and I'll be asking advice on those soon, but I'll go ahead and buy the powder now and maybe a couple other items this weekend at a gunshow in Memphis. I might break down and get everything at once so go ahead and tell me what I need to be looking for.

Thanks, and looking forward to shooting off my own loads!

Wait, that sounds wrong, well, you know what I mean
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Bump, because factory ammo is getting hard to come by and more expensive but so are some reloading tools and supplies.
    Reality is independent of Popularity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    Bump, because factory ammo is getting hard to come by and more expensive but so are some reloading tools and supplies.
    My father in law is into reloading says the prices are going way up. Can't find much of what I want for a good price, so thinking about asking him to make some for me. It's still probably cheaper.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I knew this thread would be important back when I started it in 2008.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345