Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSNBC Cancels Tucker Carlson Show

MSNBC Cancels Tucker Carlson Show

TVNewser is reporting that MSNBC will announce Monday that Tucker Carlson's TV show is being canceled:

Insiders tell TVNewser Tucker Carlson's 6pmET show Tucker is getting the axe, but Carlson stays on as a political contributor to all MSNBC shows at least through the 2008 election. The official announcement, expected tomorrow, will include details about who will replace Tucker at 6pmET as well as other political programming additions. Sources say the network is going to beef up its schedule with more NBC News talent.

In recent days, Jossip, as well as other blogs, ratcheted up the talk that Tucker would be replaced "for a new project." In its 33-month run, Carlson's show has had two names, four time slots and multiple formats. At 6pmET, it builds on its Harbdall lead-in on some days, but loses audience on others.

Michael Calderone at the Politico spoke with Carlson Sunday night, who confirmed that MSNBC canceled his show:

Tucker Carlson's MSNBC show "Tucker" has been canceled, with an announcement from the network coming tomorrow.

I spoke with Carlson this evening, and the host confirmed reports on media blogs in the past few days about the show getting canceled. But otherwise, Carlson declined comment at this time.

Carlson was on his way to New York where he'll appear on Joe Scarborough's "Morning Joe" at around 6:30. Have a feeling Scarborough will bring it up then.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...l_n_90648.html
    "Whatever you can vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass." Paul J. Meyer, self-made billionaire philanthropist

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thats to bad, our one ally on the MSM

This is weird. The other week right before this happened he was suppose to report and start attack ads on Obama and Hillary and then he mentioned something like I don't really care about either of them. I'm supporting Ron Paul for life.

I think Ron Paul had a lot to do with this.

Would I be crazy to say what if Trevor Lyman offered this guy a contract or some type of job working for BreaktheMatrix?

it's heartbreaking to see what they've done with an outspoken libertarian television personality. he's paying the price for his ron paul support.
    "Whatever you can vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass." Paul J. Meyer, self-made billionaire philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman View Post
    This is weird. The other week right before this happened he was suppose to report and start attack ads on Obama and Hillary and then he mentioned something like I don't really care about either of them. I'm supporting Ron Paul for life.

I think Ron Paul had a lot to do with this.

Would I be crazy to say what if Trevor Lyman offered this guy a contract or some type of job working for BreaktheMatrix?
    If Tucker said that, that's great - it shows his commitment. Any chance of YouTubeage (I guess I could've happened otherwise, but it's unlikely ;P)?

Quote Originally Posted by Laja View Post
    it's heartbreaking to see what they've done with an outspoken libertarian television personality. he's paying the price for his ron paul support.
    Do you have proof to back up your claim? I think the more realistic reason why Tucker's show is getting canceled is because it gets $#@!ty ratings.

good riddance

Quote Originally Posted by Ibgamer View Post
    Thats to bad, our one ally on the MSM
    That turncoat motherfucker brought hookers to RP's press conference in Parumph, NV and then gave Jamie Kirchick all that free press for the newsletter smear. He was undermining Paul's campaign the whole time. Don't cry for that $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoeallen View Post
    That turncoat motherfucker brought hookers to RP's press conference in Parumph, NV and then gave Jamie Kirchick all that free press for the newsletter smear. He was undermining Paul's campaign the whole time. Don't cry for that $#@!.
    Yes but he gave RP a lot of good coverage at a time where others wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    poor Tucker!

It really is hard when your own interests conflict with bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by abe View Post
    Do you have proof to back up your claim? I think the more realistic reason why Tucker's show is getting canceled is because it gets $#@!ty ratings.
    Oh you naive shill you. Tucker was neither a friend or foe and his ratings boosted when he starting talking about Dr. Paul. Did he get fired for endorsing Ron Paul or was Tucker a mere MSM plant to draw us in? Ive always liked Tucker but I havent heard $#@! out of him since he "broke" the TNR "report". Im wondering if he hasnt just worn out his use...err...welcome to his employer? I doubt we will ever know.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by HollyforRP View Post
    poor Tucker!

It really is hard when your own interests conflict with bosses.
    Yes it's too bad because Tucker probably liked RP a lot, but was dealing with pleasing his bosses and feeding his family. Tough choice.

This shouldn't be welcomed by any of us here. Not only was Tucker the only one on cable news that actually liked Ron Paul openly, said he would vote for him, and has voted for him in the past, but who else in the MSM has a libertarian esque talk show on TV? Even if he doesn't talk about Ron Paul, he still talks the message. MSNBC is doing this in order to create a left wing version of Fox News. That's just what we need. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Oh you naive shill you. Tucker was neither a friend or foe and his ratings boosted when he starting talking about Dr. Paul. Did he get fired for endorsing Ron Paul or was Tucker a mere MSM plant to draw us in? Ive always liked Tucker but I havent heard $#@! out of him since he "broke" the TNR "report". Im wondering if he hasnt just worn out his use...err...welcome to his employer? I doubt we will ever know.
    How about you take your elitist attitude and stop insulting other members of the forum for no good reason? If he's a naive shill then you're a nutjob conspiracy theorist.

They're going to give Rachel Maddow her own show. This has been known for months. They announced that they did a pilot for her back in October or something. The only question was who she was going to replace.

Tucker was kind of corny anyway, although he was nice to RP.
    I guess MSNBC realized that they are able to attract a large liberal audience. First Olbermann, and now Maddow.
    'We must make the world safe for democracy'--Woodrow Wilson, 1917
    'We gotta make democracy safe for the world'--Walt Kelly, 1970

If you support open debates and would like to see the Presidential Debate Commission replaced or changed, click here.

Documentary: Debating the Role of Third Parties in the U.S

*rolls eyes*

... Tucker has always been a libertarian (small "L"!). If "NWO" wanted to dominate the world, they would have made sure he was never hired in the first place.

In case you don't know, this is why show is being cancelled I think.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/mar...y-out-line-com

There is video of the exchange off this link as well

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robmpreston View Post
    How about you take your elitist attitude and stop insulting other members of the forum for no good reason? If he's a naive shill then you're a nutjob conspiracy theorist.
    ROFL! abe brings it upon himself being an obvious McWar shill on a RON PAUL forum. He deserves every bit of abuse that he gets. Thanks for the nutjob compliment! It shows that Im one of the few informed people left in the world. Now go sit in the corner and let the adults talk, k?
    Last edited by devil21; 03-10-2008 at 07:23 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    ROFL! abe brings it upon himself being an obvious McWar shill on a RON PAUL forum. He deserves every bit of abuse that he gets. Thanks for the nutjob compliment! It shows that Im one of the few informed people left in the world. Now go sit in the corner and let the adults talk, k?
    Yes, abe does appear to be here to merely get us riled up. robcpreston may not realize this.

Rob: there are a lot of "troll" accusations here, but that's the nature of a political forum. And there have been several, even with thousands of posts to their name.

There are probably some who are even backing themselves up with multiple user names, to steer and then derail the conversations...that's what I would do.
    "pledged is as pledged does" -- delegates, that is.

Ron Paul is MY President, no matter what the November election tells me.

I've chosen him as my de jure leader, and as long as he represents the message of freedom, he represents ME

This kind of crap is why I stopped posting here.

Someone makes an outrageously speculative claim, like Tucker's being fired because he supporter Ron Paul, someone else points out the unlikely and improbable nature of that scenario, and then they are labeled Shills, Trolls, Plant's, you name it.

This is not a good home for a revolution.

advertisers (big business) own the media, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykzo View Post

Someone makes an outrageously speculative claim, like Tucker's being fired because he supporter Ron Paul, someone else points out the unlikely and improbable nature of that scenario, and then they are labeled Shills, Trolls, Plant's, you name it.

Yeah, a lot of posters here seem pretty credulous and paranoid .

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykzo View Post

I am sorry that these conspiracy theorists and 9/11 truthers have driven you from the forums. All I've tried to do is be realistic about the world and Ron Paul's chances. I'm called an Obama shill one day and a John McCain shill the next. In reality, I'm the few objective ones here. You and Rob seem like some of the few good posters still left. There's a reason why the # of active members on this forum has plumeted from 9,500 to under 5,500 in a little over a month and it ain't because of me.

blimp
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Tucker was at the 08 convention, right?

I like Tucker but I dont know that he was ever a "full blown" libertarian.

Didnt he slam Ron Paul supporters at one time?

But definitely more legit than Beck.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tucker Carlson receives my 'Smarmy Award' for smearing Ron Paul.

If one is deserving of my new ‘Smarmy Award’, this new award goes to MSNBC’s, Tucker Carlson and rightfully so. The reason for the creation of this award is upon reading this article, Tucker Carlson Brings Prostitutes to Meet Ron Paul. I first want to say that prostitutes are more principled than Tucker Carlson for this primary reason; one knows what they are getting upfront before one is provided with their services. Carlson on the other hand dealt the American people a blow and more importantly Congressman, Ron Paul. I say that since we have serious problems to solve in this country and abroad and Congressman Ron Paul is trying to convey a message as to how he would solve them.

In reading this article, they cite that the AP reported that Paul “picked up” the endorsement of a brothel owner, Dennis Hof. But, that in itself is erroneous since Paul never solicited any endorsement from Hof. Point in fact is what was relayed in this article, “In actuality, it was a member of the media, MSNBC’s Tucker Carlson, who had done the soliciting. Carlson not only contacted Hof to ask him to check out Ron Paul while Paul was in Nevada, but he even arrived at Ron Paul’s Reno news conference in the company of Hof and two of Hof’s prostitutes.”

As we all know, Carlson is married with four children and one has to wonder: Why is he hanging around a brothel owner let alone prostitutes? Where are his conservative values?

I am serious when I say this: MSNBC should throw him off the air. No this is not a freedom of speech case or where a racist remark was made; he clearly violated the ethics of journalism and embarrassed MSNBC that is if they have morals. More importantly, I do feel he did this to embarrass Ron Paul and create a controversy to surround him. If anyone owes an apology to a candidate, the viewing public and the American people in general it is Carlson.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

https://web.archive.org/web/20090130.../News/722.html

Tucker Carlson Brings Prostitutes To Meet Ron Paul

JBS - A recent Associated Press story about Ron Paul carries a headline that was carefully crafted to turn off many American voters. The headline proclaimed: "Paul Endorsed by Nevada Brothel Owner."

The AP story began: "Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, an underdog Texas congressman with a libertarian streak, has picked up an endorsement from a Nevada brothel owner," Dennis Hof.

"Picked up," however, is the wrong phrase, since it implies, incorrectly, that Ron Paul had solicited Hof’s endorsement. In actuality, it was a member of the media, MSNBC’s Tucker Carlson, who had done the soliciting. Carlson not only contacted Hof to ask him to check out Ron Paul while Paul was in Nevada, but he even arrived at Ron Paul’s Reno news conference in the company of Hof and two of Hof’s prostitutes. Hof’s presence, which surprised the Ron Paul campaign, then gave Hof the opportunity to be interviewed by the media.

Tucker Carlson's involvement is acknowledged by AP, though not until the end of the story. The AP story notes that "Hof was accompanied to the Paul news conference by television news personality Tucker Carlson." It then finally quotes Carlson as admitting that "Dennis Hof is a good friend of mine, so when we got to Nevada, I decided to call him up and see if he wanted to come check this guy [Ron Paul] out." The AP article, though, fails to point out that the Ron Paul campaign was surprised when Carlson emerged from a limousine with Hof and two of Hof’s celebrity prostitutes to attend the news conference. (That part of the story was covered by the Reno Gazette-Journal.)

Regarding Ron Paul’s position on prostitution, the AP article quoted Paul spokesman Jeff Greenspan as saying: "On a personal basis, he doesn't condone those things. At the same time, from his campaign perspective, it’s not the role of federal government and it's not in the Constitution for federal government to regulate these things." That of course is correct, and in Nevada prostitution is legal in 12 of the state’s 17 counties, including the county where Dennis Hof’s brothel is located.

But how many AP readers will gloss over the point that law-enforcement and moral issues such as prostitution should be addressed at the state and not the federal level? How many AP readers will instead be left with the impression that Ron Paul is the candidate of pimps and prostitutes, simply because he recognizes that regulations concerning moral behavior should not be established at the federal level? In fact, establishing such regulations at the federal level would be unconstitutional — and also unwise, since governmental powers that can be effectively handled close to home should be handled close to home.

In the case of legalized prostitution in Nevada, that is something that the citizens of Nevada should address through their elected representatives. But Ron Paul is running for president of the United States, not governor of Nevada.

The AP "Paul Endorsed by Nevada Brothel Owner" story is simply the latest in a growing number of mainstream news articles that attack Ron Paul by attacking his supporters. But that, of course, could be viewed as an admission on the part of the anti-Paul media that Ron Paul does not have the skeletons in his closet that so many other politicians do. Otherwise the anti-Paul media would be targeting those skeletons.

Finally, the AP noted that the two prostitutes who accompanied Hof and Carlson to the news conference have not yet decided who they support for president. But if they come out for (say) Hillary, don’t hold your breath waiting for AP to rush out a story under the gripping headline, “Hillary Endorsed by Nevada Prostitutes”!

Let MSNBC know how you feel about their employees visitng brothels at - letters@msnbc.com
    Last edited by unknown; 06-07-2023 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    https://web.archive.org/web/20090130.../News/722.html

Tucker Carlson Brings Prostitutes To Meet Ron Paul
    The good old days when somebody was criticized for being endorsed by somebody that... Now LGBTQLMNOP rules.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    The good old days when somebody was criticized for being endorsed by somebody that... Now LGBTQLMNOP rules.
    Right, today it would be cross dressing turd burglars.

Not many remember that along with Tucker, Michael Savage had a show on MSNBC. And also that Rachel Maddow was trusted by many libertarians. Maddow was kind of like a Jimmy Dore leftist at the time, mostly because she was a critic of government (under a Republican Admin). People also enjoyed John Stewart and The Daily Show for similar reasons. Maddow kind of rode Stewart’s coat-tails.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast