Thread: Raise a quick $6 million this Quarter for Ron Paul

Raise a quick $6 million this Quarter for Ron Paul

I noticed other day the thread where the leader of each MeetUp was sent an email about rallying student support. Apparently one person can only email so many MeetUp group leaders per day. Can somebody give me that number?

Looking for thoughts on sending out the below email, with a link to RP's donation page, for each MeetUp group leader to distribute to his or her MeetUp group seeking only $20 for this quarter to donate to Ron Paul's campaign so he can have the money needed for more mainstream television and radio advertising. Is there any FEC reason we can’t do this? If not, I’d suggest doing this quarterly. This will get those who have not donated into the mindset, and those who have given already should still be able to come up with $20.00, assuming they have not reached the $2,300.00 limit.

If all 30,000 plus MeetUp members donate $20 each it will be over $6 million. If only half donate an easy enough amount of $20 it is still $3 million.

Suggested email:

Title: URGENT Ron Paul Support Needed – and it will only take a few minutes!

Dear fellow Ron Paul MeetUp member:

Thank you so much for your grassroots support for Ron Paul's campaign for freedom, peace and prosperity. Dr, Paul SHOCKED the nation by garnering almost 10% of the vote in an 11 candidate field in the all important Iowa straw poll just over a week ago when the mainstream media and so-called “scientific” polls put doctor Paul at 1 or 2%.

Dr. Paul gained EVEN further momentum by finishing in a virtual tie for second in the Illinois State GOP straw poll with almost 20% of the vote earlier this week. Dr. Paul is gaining fantastic momentum!

However, we need to keep building on this momentum. The key for Dr. Paul is name recognition and letting people get to know him and his platform. Once people know about Ron Paul (and his name recognition is still low) many tend to, as has happened with all of us, fall in love with message and come together in our heartfelt desire to restore the rule of law – the Constitution, as well as honesty and integrity to the White House and our country.

In order for Ron Paul to get the name recognition we seek, we need your help. There are well over 30,000 MeetUp members for Dr. Paul, and if we each give only a minimal $20.00, that would be over $6 million for Dr. Paul to use for advertising in the print, radio and television media for the upcoming primaries in January so that we can keep this snowball rolling, and gain even more Ron Paul supporters, MeetUp members and voters as we and Ron Paul can become an unstoppable force!

Please donate in a matter of minutes the simple amount of $20.00 quickly and easily via credit or debit card at https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/ . You can also mail in a check if you prefer.

This small donation will go a LONG way to having Ron Paul restore integrity and the rule of law to Washington and our country if EACH and EVERY one of us takes this simple and easy step to help restore the Republic.

Again, that’s only $20.00 with a quick and easy donation at https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/ .

Thanks so much for your support of what is becoming the most astonishing and successful grassroots campaign in U.S. history. Let's rock America with our message - through Ron Paul and his amazing bid to bring back the principles that made our country great.

Andy Myers
    Volunteer
    Greater Philadelphia and Montgomery County, PA Ron Paul MeetUp member

P.S. Please feel free to donate more than $20.00 if you have the means. Every dollar helps, but PLEASE donate at least provide $20.00 so we can save our country! https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $30,000 x $20 = $600,000 not $6 mill. Still a big help though.

Ummmm

$30,000
    ________
    $600,000

Well, only about $5.4 million short of $6 mill.

^Beat me to it.
    Last edited by smhbbag; 08-17-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: a

Oooops, maybe should ask for $30? That would make it close to $1 million and that sounds better in the email than $600,000 and it will get those lazy MeetUp members to perhaps take action. Thoughts? Should we roll with this? I'll just change the email to $30 and $1 million.

even so

x200
    ----------

i think most people could fork up $200...

Also, where do I go in MeetUp to get the MeetUp leader email list? Can't seem to find it. I'll change the email and get the ball rolling with the first amount I can send (what is the number of emails allowed) and maybe we can all ge this out today.

Thanks.

It would be GREAT news for the campaign in a press release if RP could get several hundred thousand dollars a day over a couple day period - and build momentum within the grassroots.

Well, what amount? I'm trying to keep it low so we can do this every couple of months and not break peoples banks while also using it as motivation for those rather inactive MeetUp members who may not go for a large amount.

$30? $50? $100 $200?

Maybe $30 this time, $50 in two months and then $100 or $200?

Well you'd have to ask for $200, that'd be $6 million

What if you asked for $2300? That would be $69 million...too bad
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it” - Thomas Jefferson

State by State - Voter Registration Information
    Pledge to Vote - Ron Paul Voter Bomb
    Ron Paul Flix - For all the latest Ron Paul videos and media coverage
    My Ron Paul T-Shirts and Bumper Stickers, and much more

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How many emails can be sent in a day by one person?

One of my MeetUp emails is ronpaul-54@meetup.com.

Do we start with ronpaul-1@meetup.com and just work our way up, or is there a list somewhere of the email addresses for all the RP MeetUps?

Whoever did or was involved in the student mass MeetUp email should know this.

Thanks for the help.

You should start a pledge, it would be easier to manage
    http://www.pledgebank.com/new

Raise $6 million for Ron Paul or something like that...
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it” - Thomas Jefferson

There have been a few pledges, but this is going directly to the MeetUp members with a quick link to make an easy donation. Fast money and a way for those inactive MeetUp members to do something. They won't make the effort to find a pledge page.

I'm all for it, but if nobody else is for raising a quick million or two through the MeetUps (and we can go back for more later), then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by tmg19103 View Post
    There have been a few pledges, but this is going directly to the MeetUp members with a quick link to make an easy donation. Fast money and a way for those inactive MeetUp members to do something. They won't make the effort to find a pledge page.

I'm all for it, but if nobody else is for raising a quick million or two through the MeetUps (and we can go back for more later), then so be it.
    Well ok, sounds good, but how do we measure if it's working?

Not sure if the FEC would allow us to ask the campaign about daily donations to see if it is working.

Regardless, this should be minimal effort for members of this board sending emails to MeetUp leaders that can only help raise money, even if we don't know the results.

It will mean more money for the campaign even if we don't know the results, so I say it is worthwhile to do now and every two-three months.

I'm gettin gthis started on a new thread titled: Operation MeetUP Fundraiser