Thread: US News & World Report: Ron Paul to be Around for Quite a While

US News & World Report: Ron Paul to be Around for Quite a While

Mixed bag...

US News and World Report thought it was "astonishing" that we cheered Ron Paul's 5th place finish. Perfect! This is just the message we wanted to send - that we were thrilled with our performance and had exceeded our expectations.

They also call RP an "eccentric libertarian given to outrageous statements" but "suppose he'll be around for quite a while".

Worth a read:

http://www.iowavotes2008.com/index.p...2379&Itemid=72
    IOWA - Our Liberties We Prize And Our Rights We Will Maintain

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The "9% was an underperformance" MSM spin is nonsensical on its face.

If 9% is an underperformance, what are they saying -- that Paul's real support is higher?

Except when it comes to debate time, then they say 1% and only gives him 3 minutes of talk time.

all the pieces were highly negative except romney and huckabee. Who he coincidently got to meet with. As he would say....interesting.
    RON PAUL MAY BE A LONG SHOT BUT WE'RE NOT. WE'RE GOING TO WIN IT FOR HIM BECAUSE HE CAN'T WIN IT FOR HIMSELF. SO WIN EVERYTHING FOR RON PAUL! MEET EVERY GOAL. EXCEED EVERY EXPECTATION.

"The modern mind dislikes Gold because it blurts out unpleasant truths." -Joseph Schumpeter on the Federal Reserve

Music and Bands

You can't win with the MSM. Many of them were contending before the poll that RP had "no" measurable support and would come in nearly dead last. Now, when he comes in 5th and gets over 9% of the vote with almost no effort, it's an "underperformance."

As Lew Rockwell commented, Paul is the tortoise in the race. It would've been nice for him to have done better, but the publicity for this, especially for Huckabee, is already about over. Huckabee, Brownback and Tancredo have probably spent themselves into near-bankruptcy for a few days of publicity and to prove they have the organization and support to carry on, which they won't be able to do anyway unless this result causes a surge in their donations -- which is unlikely, especially for Brownback and Tancredo.

Interesting tidbit - we got 2% more than Buchanan did in 99, and didn't Buchanan go on to win NH?

I like the fact that Tancredo, who finished 4th, got the "can't win the nomination" tag, and Paul didn't.
    Everyone get behind Ron Paul and fight your guts out!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wecandoit View Post
    I like the fact that Tancredo, who finished 4th, got the "can't win the nomination" tag, and Paul didn't.
    They were right on his uneven speaking ability. Dr. Paul isn't the best speaker, but did anyone else think that Tancredo's speech on Saturday was a lot worse? He constantly had to look down and read from his notes while Dr. Paul didn't really have to do that. Hopefully they're wrong about some of these guys not dropping out until the Iowa caucus. Tancredo especially since a lot of his supporters would go to Ron Paul. Brownback and Huckabee are somewhat similar and are appealing to the same people so one of them gone wouldn't hurt either.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

I can't help but chuckle at you guys.

Congrats to waking up and realizing that the media always has been and always will be enemy #1.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free." -Göthe
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure." - Robert LeFevre

Edit - wrong topic. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul Fan View Post
    They were right on his uneven speaking ability. Dr. Paul isn't the best speaker, but did anyone else think that Tancredo's speech on Saturday was a lot worse? He constantly had to look down and read from his notes while Dr. Paul didn't really have to do that. Hopefully they're wrong about some of these guys not dropping out until the Iowa caucus. Tancredo especially since a lot of his supporters would go to Ron Paul. Brownback and Huckabee are somewhat similar and are appealing to the same people so one of them gone wouldn't hurt either.
    I've done a fair amount of public speaking and acting. Tancredo struck me not only as nervous, but actually forgetting what he was standing for. Paul started to get carried away near the end as well, but he maanged to bring himself back on message reasonably quick. I was happy with Ron and embarassed for Tancredo.

Yes. Tancredo's speech was awful. He was trying to play the role of comedian, but he wasn't funny and even seemed racist at times.

Incidentally, does anyone have a video of John Cox's speech? I was talking to a couple of people today and they said that he really impressed them. Plus, I want to see how pathetic the crowd was.

It's all about delegates ! u no what I mean Verne?

This mag is just a mouth piece for the military Industrial complex who will oppose RP to the bitter end. The higher Ron goes the more vicious the attacks will be, everyone needs to get ready for them.

Tancredo's speech was written by someone else, perhaps Bay Buchanon. Tancredo is almost a stutterer erererer. I don't think we've had one elected President since the radio was invented if ever.

I wish I could get my beliefs out to all RP supporters @ once. I have to rewrite the same post regularly. Here goes...

Ron Paul is the ONLY anti-war candidate in the republican race. We don't want anyone to get out of this race until after Tsunami Tuesday. This race is all about acquiring delegates to the national republican convention in MN. The warmongers split up the votes among themselves. If they split the vote in such away RP can win states with 30 (+) % of the votes cast. He wins a state he gets the most delegates. If he gets a majority of delegates he wins the nomination. In a head to head contest with one warmonger,in a party that is made up of over 60 % war supporters RP loses every single time. In a race against 7 or 8 warmongers he has a fighting chance at delegates.

Different states have different rules on how you get delegates however with a minimal threshold percentage rule let's look @ yesterday's IL straw poll (under a 15% rule). Romney would have got most of the delegates with his 40% of the vote. Thompson and RP would have received the same amount of delegates. No one else would have got delegates. If that other 20% of votes below the top three hadn't gone to the other warmongers because they weren't in the race it would have gone to Romney and Thompson. By driving up their % totals it increases their delegates and reduces RP's. I hope all of you understand what I'm saying. I know Dr. Paul doesn't get a lot of time in these debates, but he doesn't need any more opponents to drop out. He must have the votes split up to get more delegates. Getting delegates is the objective of this contest...