Thread: Huck's Army

Huck's Army

Thank you to any Huck's Army members visiting here! I encourage you to stay around here and find out more about our movement, and feel free to post to ask questions or address your difficulties. Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee have many of the same values, although their practical methods for addressing those values may differ.
    Important issues where Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee agree:
    1. Homeschooling rights
    2. Ending Roe vs. Wade
    3. No federal funding for embryonic stem cell research
    4. Defending the 2nd Amendment
    5. Getting rid of the IRS
    6. Bringing Osama bin Laden and his terrorist organization to justice
    7. Both have nuanced views on immigration
    8. Both are conservative born-again Christians in good standing

Key Differences
    1. Foreign policy. RP and MH disagree on whether the war in Iraq should continue. However as pointed out above, RP would go after terrorists (and I think he'd do it very effectively). Also, Huckabee seems to be more moderate on the issue than John McCain's "hundred years in Iraq" plan.
    2. Economy. Ron Paul supports competition in the money supply, allowing private companies to print competing currencies. This may seem radical at first glance, but please don't let this scare you away. If you think about it, there are already reputable companies (e.g. MasterCard, Visa) who compete with government-printed money and do so efficiently and honestly. This is just another step in that direction.
    3. Budget. Ron Paul would cut the federal budget a lot more deeply than Huckabee would. This does not necessarily mean the cut programs will no longer exist though; important government services would be left to state and local governments.

The important thing we agree on is that the current political establishment, as represented by McCain, Clinton, and Obama, is not acceptable to us. It seems certain right now that neither MH or RP will be the Republican nominee. However, working together there is a lot we can accomplish. We could unite at the GOP convention to demand the party respect our conservative values. We could support a conservative 3rd party such as the Constitution party to make sure conservatism is not forgotten in November. And we could plan to make a much bigger impact in 2010 and 2012 and beyond.

We need you, and I think you really need us, if either of us is ever to achieve victory. The West Virginia convention was an example of what we could accomplish working together. Create an account here and let's just talk issues and see if we can create an understanding. To Huck's Army's administration, I ask you to lift the ban on Ron Paul supporters now that the conventional race is over.

Thank you again for visiting us! I hope we will hear from you soon!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 05-06-2008 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleBurger View Post
    \To Huck's Army's administration, I ask you to lift the ban on Ron Paul supporters now that the conventional race is over.
    Looks like they listened to you, my ban by IP is now lifted.

Good post too.

I want to thank Huck supporters and ask them to keep voting for Ron Paul Republicans like they did with BJ in NC. You must be just as disappointed as with a Dem being voted in as as the Rep nom.

Together we can turn the Rep platform back to traditional values that have made the GOP so strong in the past.

I think they're more likely to support Baldwin.

If we had a 3rd party candidate that we could all get behind we could make a serious impact. Between PA and NC almost 30% of Republican voters voted against McCain..
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I think they're more likely to support Baldwin.
    If RP does not get the nod Baldwin is a good 2nd choice.
    His platform is almost identical to Dr Pauls.

lieberman could be mccain's veep were he to try to pull hillary clinton democrats FROM barack obama.
    you might laugh about politics making strange bedfellows, however lieberman is not a bad choise if
    mccain wants democrats to do a reagan democrat hop skip and a dance. if lieberman gets the nod,
    this means mccain ignors mitt romney and mike huckabee and their proven strenghts in areas where
    votes also have gone to ron paul and ron paul republicans! wonder why bob barr senses a 1000 political
    openings for a third party run? if you want to counter joe lieberman easily, as well as ralph nader, maybe
    mike gravel is open to some ticket balancing for the libertarians. last night is having this "handwriting on the wall"
    rather than hand~wringing feel. ms. hillary might be polite, dutifully campaign for two more states, and concede
    to barack a mantle of democrat liberal greatness. despite the name-calling the democrats are about to metaphorically kiss
    and make up! whereas deep issues divide the various regional factions of the republican party.

lieberman is well thought of amoungst liberal nelson rockefeller and ed brooke republicans of the ol' fashion'd george romney
    stripe, he's almost one of them despite his label. he's opted not tobe a democrat and because of his surge stance, is very close
    to john mccain's brand of republicanism. as it stands now, barack obama is about to inherit the hubert humphrey school of liberalism
    inside the democratic party for last night's contests were hillary's last happy warrior last hurrah! she does have an option of being
    a veep if obama wants an easy party unity in light of the way the polls went on the day after pennsylvania. its looking like ron paul
    at the university of phoenix quitely called this all at the most logical point well ahead of all the clipboard pollsters. st. paul will be
    an interesting gathering, and maybe augusta sorta hints at what's in store. mitt romney speechifies again and tarps down the centrist middle as huckabee debates being more vocal, as the mccain people LET bush's honchos and all their branding irons initiate all
    into the lee atwater mudwrestling school of political discourse. flip a coin, folks... please! take a principled stance, please. however
    keep in mind barack obama has the bigger organization and he's about to pull the better hillary clinton people into his political fold.
    they never really were quarreling over stances... only the very top job! we are down to two mainstream candidates, now!!!
    Last edited by Aratus; 05-07-2008 at 08:06 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what on earth is wrong with McCain's face?
    Screw the big two! Let's all vote Libertarian.

Good Post TurtleBurger!

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...

John Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Akus View Post
    Everything.
    For all the Huckabee people who see the right path for America, and are helping take it back. Thank you.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Cancer - Melanoma

Physicians give him 2 years at best, unless a there's a major cancer breakthrough in the next 24 months

It's been a well kept Secret, but I'm sure the opposition will use it...
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Cancer - Melanoma

Physicians give him 2 years at best, unless a there's a major cancer breakthrough in the next 24 months

Now we know why there's been absolutely zero talk about McCain picking Paul as his veep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Cancer - Melanoma

While most of us are aware of him having this issue, this is the first I've heard of a timeline that wasn't just wild speculation. Do you have a source for this 2 years, given by a physician who has examined him?
    The greatest chance for peace, comes from a society respectful of individual liberty. Ron Paul

John McCain's latest status... calls on Miss Teen South Carolina for advice

Quote Originally Posted by raeason View Post
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...dical0412.html

Medical records are supposed to come out May 23.
    All the type II & IIA plus spreading to McCain's Thyroid now. No physician will admit this in public, but if you have reliable connections, you can receive pretty good info.

The LEFT side of his face is very bad...they filmed John McCain's Mother's day video showing only his right side now. The spreading has also noticeably impeded John McCain's speech too.

Look at the latest McCain Politico Ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2XTDHltNVU
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

guiliani has had his health issues and this affected his 60 million dollar run, earlier.
    in the 1950s after trouncing adlai stevenson, gen'l eisenhower had several small strokes
    that basically had richard milhous nixon dipping into the command position... is mccain
    healthier than i think he is, or is he now sorta in his very sorta conservative way being akin to IKE?

Welcome to all of the Mike Huckabee supporters! God bless you for being the other "principled group" this campaign season. Please know that Ron Paul believes passionately in the kind of government that encourages one's spiritual life to flourish and to allow local community to flourish and interact productively with their neighbors.

The neocons have shamelessly used our Christian conservatives to get votes and to make war and a brutal police state. I recall the Feds intimidation of the peace advocating Quaker group not long ago. What would Christ say to the neocons' greed, dishonesty, and brutality?

Thanks again to you all for visiting the Ron Paul Forums. Hope you stay around and tell everyone what's on your minds! We'd love to hear it!

Moving on with a few other points..

I have a weird feeling that McCain's nomination is in jeopardy. On the other hand, I'm not a very intuitive person.

Barr is obviously tapping in to the Ron Paul Revolution. It might not even be a bad strategy to simply come out and say it.

If McCain does not get a majority on the first round of convention votes I have begun to wonder how that would play out. I wonder if RP might change his mind about a VP slot? Contrary to Cheney, etc., not all VP's are complete loyalists to their boss. In fact, they are sometimes chosen because they ARE NOT loyalists. Perhaps LBJ for example. RP could remind and educate everyone about the Constitution for 4 years. If he wants to really change the Republican Party from the inside out, VP might be a great way to go. Any thoughts on this?

OMG!

Looks like the Borg.

That poor man has to deal with this...

Vitamin B-17 anyone?

The photo posted above gave me a eerie feeling. It would absolutely not be that far fetched for McCain to cross the aisle and pick Hillary as a VP candidate. Which would be a weird scenario. On the other hand, I understand that convention delegates are in no way committed when it comes to voting for the VP candidate. Have I got that right? In other words, the delegates can shoot down a nominee's choice for VP?

Check this out. I heard the talk show host Randi Rhodes suggest that Hillary would mount an independent run if she failed to get the nomination. I think it's unlikely because she would risk becoming universally despised and it seems that this would hurt her politically in the future.
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-13-2008 at 12:40 PM.