Thread: What's with the April 15th March?

Thumbs down What's with the April 15th March?

All the April 15th march is doing is splitting the number of marchers that could attend the real, better and bigger march later in the summer (June 21?)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I argued this a million times but they didn't listen. Now I'm just sitting back, doing my thing, going to see how this botched failure of an April march is going to go down.
    Strength through Knowledge

"What's one more body in the foundations of your Utopia?"
    - This has been a message by Agent CSL.

I've been invited to speak at the April 15th march.
    The granny warriors alrady have the permit for it and a whole slate of great speakers.

June 21st has nothing yet set, and not sure if we can get the permit.

Free market competition.
    The best rally wins?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Last edited by Jamsie 567; 11-05-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Well, it's possible that the more marches for freedom, the better.

I always try to look on the bright side

Outsiders may see the Granny March as the first small one, and the big June 21st March as "the idea catching on in a BIG WAY"

Think about it. If you saw some modestly sized rally at DC for freedom, liberty etc. and two months later you saw a MASSIVE one you might be more inclined to jump on the bandwagon. This is the kind of thing that appeals to the herd mentality!
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsie 567 View Post
    It's all good if we get good awarness of April 15th then we will have more on June 21st. I will attend the June 21st march with or with out a permit I will be there.
    This is how we need to proceed. Everyone stop bickering NOW!

And rock the Ron Paul delegates. If we put all of our efforts into this we can still win. If we lose it may be because we did not try hard enough but fell just short. Don't let that happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by linusPAULing View Post
    There's been a conspiracy to condition us into not believing in conspiracies. This might be the most insidious conspiracy of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by charger View Post
    The TV is the Trojan horse of the 20th century.
    We left it in our homes and trusted it. Now it is being used as a tool to destroy us.

Just call the June 21st one the million man freedom march....and everyone at the april one needs a flyer for that!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't understand.. the more events going on the merrier. I think anybody who attends the April 15th march wold be just as likely to also show up for whatever else is planned.

However, the Granny Warriors deserve credit for assembling a march so quickly and efficiently with such great speakers. Remember: Ron Paul is NOT coordinating this march, and he said it was up to grassroots to get the job done. Umm.. the Granny Warriors are a grassroots group - a very IMPORTANT one to Ron Paul's cause.

I'm sure Paul himself would not object, so why should any of we?

what i want to know is how the granny warriors pulled it off in such a short amount of time. the june 21st marchers sure could use their wisdom in this matter. i'll give the granny's that; they are persistent and have drive and obviously organizational skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    Getting offended has become a pathetic booming major growth industry in America.

http://revolutionmarch.com

- Video Production Team

For up-to-date news on the National Ronvoys to DC; sign up at: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881/members/
    - Woot!

Watch the DC March promo: We the People 2.0: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjauAv6I-E8

http://www.myspace.com/its_called_liberty_betch

Tax Strike '08, April 15th -- More than just a DC rally!

i hope by now fellow members of the Revolution have warmed up to the idea of more than one rally in 2008.

we've put together a flier for Tax Strike '08 which explains this non-partisan event, which we hope will continue on into the future until the Federal Government has redressed the grievances of We the People of America.

below is what i posted under the topic heading of "March on Washington". i was hoping to create a separate topic for this, but because i am not able to do so i thought it best to post under this heading.

here is what i posted there:

As most everyone involved with the grassroots Ron Paul Revolution already knows, there is more than just ONE rally/march in the works for 2008!

Tax Strike '08 on April 15th is more than just a DC rally. This is to be a NATIONAL event with grassroots Revolutionists rallying throughout the country at their local Post Offices, at State capitals, and in DC.

So, don't worry about not being able to make it to DC -- just rally in your own City/State!

ALSO, this is a NON-partisan event -- the official flier does not mention Ron Paul by name. This is an event designed to continue in the future years to come, which fellow patriots like Ron Paul can certainly encourage and/or endorse.

PLEASE download the official flier and begin distributing them widely. Be sure to make plenty of copies to hand out on April 15th!

Here's the link to the official Tax Strike '08 flier:

http://hauling.ronpaulroadshow.org/TaxStrike.pdf
    (They are designed to print on both sides of a letter page, and then cut in half.)

Tax Strike '08 website: http://hauling.ronpaulroadshow.org/

VIVA the Revolution!

That's the spirit! Let's unify, and even promote three different events (April 15, June 21, and Labor Day at the GOP convention) together so that they build on and magnify each other. These three grassroots events, each spaced about 9 weeks from each other in succession, actually gives the movement an event schedule to maintain momentum with for the next six months, in lieu of a fully active Paul campaign. Let's quit fighting and develop each of them!
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...aine-invasion/

No competition

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    The granny warriors alrady have the permit for it and a whole slate of great speakers.

Free market competition.
    The best rally wins?
    I'm becoming extremely wary of all the naysayers of the April 15th rally. This isn't a competition, but some want us to think it is.

This is about spreading truth and freedom. All patriots go to as many rallies as you can! All of us have a duty to do what we can.

See ya on April 15th (and any others I can get to)

Viva La Revolution!

Quote Originally Posted by faithhopelovep91 View Post
    I'm becoming extremely wary of all the naysayers of the April 15th rally. This isn't a competition, but some want us to think it is.

This is about spreading truth and freedom. All patriots go to as many rallies as you can! All of us have a duty to do what we can.

Viva La Revolution!
    Competition should make us strive for excellence. Collectivism is the philosophy of non-compete.
    This isn't about hating... its about everyone striving to be their best in the things they support.
    So it is healthy competition and I dare those who want a June 21st rally to make it bigger and better than April 15th.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Thumbs up

Free market competition.
    The best rally wins?
    Quote Originally Posted by flames2dust77 View Post
    what i want to know is how the granny warriors pulled it off in such a short amount of time. the june 21st marchers sure could use their wisdom in this matter. i'll give the granny's that; they are persistent and have drive and obviously organizational skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedBrent View Post
    This is how we need to proceed. Everyone stop bickering NOW!

And rock the Ron Paul delegates. If we put all of our efforts into this we can still win. If we lose it may be because we did not try hard enough but fell just short. Don't let that happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithhopelovep91 View Post

Viva La Revolution!

Hear hear!

My 2 cents..anybody have a penny i can borrow?... ok, seriously, the 4/15 rally can and should be used to promote the BIG one in june.

Have fun, make some points, make some friends, generate support for the revolution.

It's all good. I don't see the problem here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I could have gone on June 21st. April 15th is too soon though.

Seems pretty stupid to me to deviate from the date that Dr. Paul advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
    Well, it's possible that the more marches for freedom, the better.

I always try to look on the bright side

Outsiders may see the Granny March as the first small one, and the big June 21st March as "the idea catching on in a BIG WAY"

Think about it. If you saw some modestly sized rally at DC for freedom, liberty etc. and two months later you saw a MASSIVE one you might be more inclined to jump on the bandwagon. This is the kind of thing that appeals to the herd mentality!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    That's the spirit! Let's unify, and even promote three different events (April 15, June 21, and Labor Day at the GOP convention) together so that they build on and magnify each other. These three grassroots events, each spaced about 9 weeks from each other in succession, actually gives the movement an event schedule to maintain momentum with for the next six months, in lieu of a fully active Paul campaign. Let's quit fighting and develop each of them!
    +1776
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Just Come Home View Post

well RP seems to like it.. so much so, he's agreed to speak.. check out dailypaul

Quote Originally Posted by Just Come Home View Post

If Ron thought it was stupid to deviate from it, why would him and Carole be attending the April 15th rally?

Post One min of your time = Please Sign Petition

"To Restore the Constitution" from Granny News
    http://www.petitiononline.com/USRC01/petition.html

To: U.S. Congress

We the People of the United States of America; have repeatedly been witness to continuous violations of our rights and freedoms guaranteed by The United States Constitution. Article 6 of the Constitution states that said Constitution “shall be the Supreme Law of the land”, yet this is repeatedly disregarded and/or ignored by the legislative and Executive branches of our Government. This once great republic and her Constitution has been usurped by power and greed for the benefit of a few and the detriment of many. The Constitution was written to avoid the pitfalls of autocracy (absolute government by one person) and democracy (mob rule, one vote system); it was written for a confederated republic, which is a three vote system designed to check tyranny.

Our elected representatives, have ignored the will of the people who they were sent to represent. Our letters, faxes, e-mails and phone calls have fallen on deaf ears. We retain the power to have and elect representative government and “when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such Government…” (Dec. 7/4/1776)

It has been decreed and is explicitly stated, as follows that:

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void” (Marbury vs. Madison. 5 US (2 Cranch) 137,174,176, (1803)

“Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them.” (Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436 p.491.)

“An Unconstitutional Act is not law; it confers no rights: it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed.” (Norton vs. Shelby County 118 US 425 p.442)

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights, entail much more than a piece of paper. The document’s intentions and meanings are clearly put forth in the Annals of Congress, The Congressional Globe and the Congressional Record, by our founding fathers.

We the People demand that the Constitution of the United States and The Bill of Rights be strictly adhered to by those we elect to Federal Office. We remind you that the citizens of this republic are your employers and any continued abrogation and usurpation of the protections and guaranteed rights enumerated in the Constitution and Bill of Rights will result in your dismissal.

Sincerely,
    The Undersigned

Competition should make us strive for excellence. Collectivism is the philosophy of non-compete.
    This isn't about hating... its about everyone striving to be their best in the things they support.
    So it is healthy competition and I dare those who want a June 21st rally to make it bigger and better than April 15th.
    ooooh, those are fighting words. you just wait til the 21st Mr. Sanders!!!! lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    Getting offended has become a pathetic booming major growth industry in America.

http://revolutionmarch.com

- Video Production Team

For up-to-date news on the National Ronvoys to DC; sign up at: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881/members/
    - Woot!

Watch the DC March promo: We the People 2.0: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjauAv6I-E8

http://www.myspace.com/its_called_liberty_betch

Looks like Ron Paul will be speaking!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I took a look at the weather for this weekend and we can expect lots of rain here in the DC area, arg! Still will be going, just going to be wet I guess.
    Charles Gathers
    US Air Force Veteran, 2000 - 2006

For those in the NYC area:

As mentioned to my meetup earlier this week, we have a bus reserved through Saturday for the April 15 DC Freedom rally, that will seat 28 people for $51 round trip (or $31 if 56 people confirm). The tentative pick up time in NYC is 7:30 or 8 am Tuesday morning at Paul HQ; leaves from DC about 5:30 pm. Final information as to where/when it will pick up in Manhattan and Queens will be announced on the weekend, BUT, we must get more people committed in order to go ahead with this chartered bus! Contact me ASAP, repeat ASAP if you are planning to go! Email /pm me and clearly give your name and contact info. At the very latest, tell me your intentions at this Saturday's RPNYC meetup at Bohemian Hall. UPDATE: Bus reservation was cancelled due to lack of RSVP commitments.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 04-13-2008 at 09:41 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...aine-invasion/

Just got back from D.C.

Have tons to report, but I'm burnt-out beyond belief right now. (just got
    home a few minutes ago)

Last thing, Ron told us at the Rally that our jobs are not done, so get BACK
    TO WORK!
    Don't forget this isn't about one election, it’s a movement.
    If we stop, it stops.