Thread: Question on Sabrin and English as official language

Question on Sabrin and English as official language

Can someone tell me why Sabrin wants english to be the official language of the US??

I haven't put too much thought into this topic, but I've always sided with no official language.

Somebody educate me please

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLiberty-RonPaul View Post
    Can someone tell me why Sabrin wants english to be the official language of the US??

I haven't put too much thought into this topic, but I've always sided with no official language.

Somebody educate me please
    An official language is very important for many reasons.

1) Government documents. Voting, IDs Etc.. Many states are printing documents in several different languages and honestly in my opinion it is a waste of money all the extra ink and paper you are in effect doubling or more the costs of printing.

2) Dealing with the police, courts, or anyone else for that matter. If you do not speak the language you are costing us money again having to get a translator.

3) If you live in a country and you don't speak the language I don't care what you say you might as well be a second class citizen.

It makes life alot easier to require all citizens to speak the same langauge. Now that is not to say you can not speak annother language if you choose. It should not be up to the society to accomidate hiring people to translate because they are to lazy or stupid to learn the language of the land that they have chosen to live in.

On that same note why are we teaching classes to students in spanish? Why not teach them english first then teach them? More wasteful spending.
    Last edited by Luft97; 03-09-2008 at 05:10 AM.
    Look at all the angles. Think for yourself.