Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McCain HAS NOT WON THE NOMINATION!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet_from_cali View Post
    your ignorance astounds me, maybe you havent been around for the past 3 months?
    we have a hell of a hard time getting 10% in a state... how do you think we can pull the majority of delegates if we are pulling these kinda of numbers? i think the last time i checked we got 5% of the vote in texas.. not trying to be a troll or anything im just being realistic here. we've done great funding but as far as reaching to the general public we are doing horribly.. the person who said we would be in iraq for 100 years, in a country that 60-70% oppose the same war is WINNING. RP needs to bust out with something freaking AMAZING that would not only wake up some delegates but the general public IE. SHEEPS!!! really dont see your point of saying its far from over.. the establishment won this battle, but not the war IMO.
    What needs to be revealed is that the "War on Terror" is a fraud. Would anyone vote for McWar if that were known by the masses? We need to stop propping up the biggest fraud in history. 9/11 was a lie and the War on Terror is a fraud. That's what needs to be told, IMO.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    If Ron Paul believed McCain had secured the nomination; he would NOT OK Huckabee being X'd off from his website.
    Exactly. If he had zero chance, his website would not say "Now there are two." He would not stay in and waste his time and ours if there were no chance. Have faith. He knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by EastWindRain View Post
    This is the conclusion that my thinking leads me to as well.

Let's see: (Correct me if I am wrong) These are now our choices:

1. The R.P. movement fights on to further the message even though R.P. is mathematically eliminated. This would be a good idea for R.P. 2012 if R.P. runs then.
    2. Patriots who wish to continue the good fight can do the above by becoming (Ron Paul type) delegates, (it also changes the GOP slowly from within) but can also support Ron Paul's 3rd party run
    3. America and the world sees how pathetic the two choices for the Presidency are, (Hillary or Obama and McCain) and are honestly open and begging for a respectable 3rd party Candidate which will be Ron Paul.

Sure it will be an uphill battle raising funds and getting TV exposure, but we have to try. The people will be open minded for a third voice. Now is our chance. Ron Paul should establish an Exploratory Committee for The Constitution Party.

The people need hope. They don't see any hope now with the GOP. If we don't capture the remaining Ron Paul momentum the movement will die, as it is now almost dead. (The number of members on this forum is WAY down)

We have 8 months to convince the U.S. citizens to vote for Ron Paul. We should get to work now and create the ultimate Ron Paul DVD and somehow give them away to every household in America.

This is where my thinking is leading me.

Edit
    : How many households are there in America? I would guess 300 Million divided by 4 people per house = 75 000 000 homes.

So we need 75 Million DVD's @ $1 / DVD = $75 Million Dollars we need to raise.
    So 75 000 000 / 200 000 Ron Paul supporters = $ 375 contribution each for the 3rd party money bomb. This is obtainable. Then we just need to hand the DVD's out. (Again the DVD must be superb)
    my brother was asking me to do the math on this a few months back. it would be nice if it works. I am not trying to be a negative nancy, but at what point do we start sending out dvds to revolutionaries to teach them how to be prepared for what is coming down the pipe should Dr. Paul not win?

the fu** u smoking? you rly think people are going to pop a political dvd in their player? i mean didn't tom cruises political movie fail at the box office? a RP dvd !? you must be insane if you think that is going to do anything to the general public, you need to recognize that most people dont even know who the hell RP is still....i told most of my family members who i voted for and they said "who?". THE GENERAL PUBLIC AS WELL AS VOTERS NEED A $#@!IN WAKEUP CALL FROM RONPAUL HIMSELF, HE NEEDS TO MAKE A SPEECH THAT WOULD MAKE THEIR EYES POP OUT OF THEIR SOCKETS!!

sry for my french

im still laughing at you thinking people would actually watch a ron paul DVD lol..... crazyness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THOSE PEOPLE WOULD SAY "HMM THIS WILL MAKE FOR A NICE COASTER FOR MY DRINK"
    Sorry, but you didn't even wake up your own family? After you voted, they still did not know who RP was? Wow! I have my whole family on board. I don't think my brother ever voted before, and he registered Republican just to vote for RP. My dad is 71 and I don't think he ever voted in a primary before, and he went out and voted for RP, and has donated money to both campaigns. My entire family, and all my friends, have heard nothing but RP from me for months. How could you not tell your family what's going down?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcreps85 View Post
    1. This country was not founded as a Democracy, get your head out of your ass. We were founded as a Federalist Republic, and we are meant to be loyal to our Constitution. When the "majority" decides to disavow our Constitution even though our leaders are sworn to it, then we can in good conscience undermine their authority. Our founding fathers suggested that we do so with guns, yet we have chosen to take a peaceful route.

2. Most people still don't know who Ron Paul is because of the MSM's vast distortion of truth, so nothing "democratically" decided can be relied upon. When you make your decisions based on lies, then your decisions become nothing but extensions of lies.

3. Vote fraud has been rampant. It is difficult to show to what extent, but there is no question that it was present, and always against us.
    Exactly. So anything our delegates do, that is not a violation of the law, to get RP nominated, is fair game, IMO. RP supporters are the ones who were motivated to become the delegates. That's how the system works. If there's a big surprise at the convention, I can't wait to see the MSM choke on it, after what they've put RP through. I wanted to cry so many times in the last few months, at how they treated Ron. They deserve to eat crow! And go to jail, for that matter. They are complicit in the crimes of this administration, as well as responsible for corrupting the election process for choosing the next President. They all deserve whatever they get, including McWarmonger.

I don't know if this was mentioned in these here 7 pages, but, do you people honestly think that the majority of delegates at the RNC are going to go against the popular vote and vote Ron Paul. I highly doubt that. Don't get me wrong, though, that would be a miraculous occasion. However, even then, do you think Ron Paul could take on Obama? There will be smears coming from every news source; racist, isolationist, etc. Whereas Obama already has massive support around the country. Could Ron Paul gain enough support in a month from September to November?

Quote Originally Posted by doronster195 View Post
    I don't know if this was mentioned in these here 7 pages, but, do you people honestly think that the majority of delegates at the RNC are going to go against the popular vote and vote Ron Paul. I highly doubt that. Don't get me wrong, though, that would be a miraculous occasion. However, even then, do you think Ron Paul could take on Obama? There will be smears coming from every news source; racist, isolationist, etc. Whereas Obama already has massive support around the country. Could Ron Paul gain enough support in a month from September to November?
    Could Ron Paul take Obama? Possibly. Right now, hell no, but neither can McCain. The difference is that Ron Paul would own Obama in a debate. McCain would fold.

Do I think that most delegates will vote against McCain? IF we somehow get a majority that is loyal to RP, then hell yes. The rules do not forbid it, so why would someone loyal to Ron Paul not vote for him? With the way our elections are run nowadays, there is no shame in voting against the candidate that was picked by the MSM.

The big question I have is, will we get to see that all so glorious debate with Ron Paul Obama and Clinton?

I envision that when nomination time comes all the RP-loyal delegates will vote for RP (however many that may be, I doubt its more than 30% though), the rest will vote for McCain in order to "support the party" or whatever BS reason the MSM gives you to make sure you support the likely nominee. Or maybe, we will see more vote fraud? Is that possible at a convention? What about other candidates, I believe you can nominate other candidates other than RP and McCain, right?
    But at this point I think there is very little we can do (regarding his Presidential run), so we should just sit back and watch the 3 crappiest candidates duel it out. I'm excited for September, but I am pessimistic. However, I think it's a great feeling when you assume the worst and get the best, so if he indeed gets the nomination through an act of God (or flying spaghetti monster), then I will probably drive around my area with a megaphone shouting "RP has won the nomination" and rub it in everyone's face. Then I will DVR MSM news while playing the world's saddest song on my violin for them.

yep now onto the convention and dont forgot if the republican party doesnt nominate ron paul. We can write him in or vote for anybody but a republican..

The only loyalty i have to the republican party is ron pauls message and the republican platform,after that we vote for who is the best. the gop ignored and encouraged the media blackout,let the gop know LOUD AND CLEAR WHO WE SUPPORT,of course unless you plan on voting for mccain ,NOT

RON PAUL 2008 ,I hope he runs independent , my donations are waiting. If not we have 4 yrs tobuild the party or leave the old party ,the choice is up to the gop...

for all the naysayers on the independent run, I GET IT BUILD within the republican,but at some point you have to understand the republican party isnt the republican party anymore and if we dont take the party over ,IT WILL BE TIME TO MOVE ON,of course unless you plan on voting for a Hillary Republican aka mccain

RON PAUL written in STONE

CALL THE GOP, CALL ALL REPUBLICANS,IF WE DONT STAND UP AND BE HEARD,then i assure you the goal of the republican party is to silence you and the republican message, the fact the old party is pushing mccain shows you the republican party isnt republican anymore.

If you want to give up after the convention ,then waste your vote on a hillary republican. If you want to stand for freedom,then the time is now to plan a secondary plan ,unless you plan on rolling over and just sitting back as they force feed you this mccain crap. STAND UP NOW CALL YOUR GOP LOCAL/STATE /NATIONAL. The Republican Party FEARS their own platform, they are ignoring their own platform. They fear we wont vote for Mccain.
    ITS TIME TO SHOW THEM THE FEAR AND REALITY,anything less is a vote for mccain.

RON PAUL 2008 do you want a REPUBLICAN or do you want a hillary republican(mccain )

I'll TAKE A REAL REPUBLICAN RON PAUL 2008

NOW GET TO WORK, eventually we either take back the republican party or lwe leave in mass any other option is a pipe dream

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    Knock, knock...

Who’s there?

Ron.

Ron who?

Exactly.

Now that's funny. Where have I heard it before?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...2737#post42737

Quote Originally Posted by humanic View Post
    Technically zero I think. Many if not all states allow you to revise their rules and unbind all delegates, and even if this doesn't happen I don't think anyone is LEGALLY forced to vote for McCain. Am I right about this?
    No, that's wrong.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Guys, CNN reports it because there are more than 1191 delegates that have pledged to vote for McCain at the convention...

At every step we have pushed results away and said wait for this next thing, then when it failed, we say wait for this, and then that failed... It's time to say it... the campaign failed. the Candidate failed to communicate his message effectively.

But he seeded the country with people who like his message, and a new generation of RPer's that can speak at a debate, and that can effectively explain the issues of the day to the layman will emerge...

And that is where the campaign succeeds. RP is not presidential, hes whinny, and all over the place with issues, and is very broken recordish... however people like Murray Sabrin takes the fiscal ideals to another level with personable attributes that can be taken to our government.

We need to find more like him, RP is the grandfather of this movement, we need to find the electable ones and push them with our money.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleAF View Post
    Yes. Absolutely right.

We can go the route of trying to unbind delegates, but that will be difficult.

We can also go to the Convention and move to suspend the rules outright, but that requires a majority of delegates from 5 separate states... maybe possible, but not necessarily easy.

OR we can all just get there, and then vote against our pledge. Nothing is illegal about it at all.

I vote for option 3 myself, while trying for options 1 and 2 in the meantime.
    No, no, no. In most states that bind delegates (most states) it is by state election law. Despite embarrassing misinformation by the clueless official campaign, the convention delegates have no authority to "unbind" themselves (they can be "released" by the candidate to whom they are pledged--I don't think "unbind" is even a term here).

It takes a majority of delegates from one state, seconded by a majority of delegates from five ADDITIONAL states to suspend the rules.

Yes, if one is bound, it is not only illegal, it isn't going to happen. In most states, the McCain delegates to convention were chosen by his campaign and are NOT a fifth column of Paul supporters.
    Last edited by Bradley in DC; 03-05-2008 at 07:02 AM.
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Quote Originally Posted by kyleAF View Post
    none at all

Seriously. Even the pledged delegates are free to vote the way they please. They'll just get admonished by their local GOP. Nothing more.
    Could you please back up this claim and elaborate--or is it just wishful thinking? Please cite the rules in the states to which you refer. If you don't know what you're talking about, please stop spreading misinformation.
    digg.com/d315eji

Quote Originally Posted by Zera View Post
    Wrong.

If enough Paul supporters go to their state convention, with a 2/3 vote, they can make all of their state's delegates unbound.
    Rules on how to decide delegates to the national convention vary greatly by state. In straight primary states we don't even have state conventions. While what you say may be right in your state, it is clearly untrue as a general principle. Again, please cite the governing authorities for your claim.
    digg.com/d315eji

well i know this the republican party is deead in the water in 2008.thank the gop for that
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    Where would that GOP national convention rule book be? If anything we all need to read it...and win this darn thing.
    I explain a lot of it here with links to the rules:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104384
    digg.com/d315eji

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    "As of today, McCain has 874 bound or pledged delegates and 33 unbound or unpledged delegates. He needs 1,191 BOUND delegates for the nomination."

That is not true. One can get the nomination by the votes of bound and unbound delegates.

The broader point is wrong even if the author doesn't understand the rules: It is possible that McCain's unbound delegates could vote for someone else (but more probable that they would vote for him).
    digg.com/d315eji

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    I may be wrong, but it seems to me there are hundreds upon hundreds of delegates that *were* bound to Rommel and Huckaface and others, and all of these delegates are now "up for grabs". Why not go after them?

I agree, we need a national ad campaign immediately - and not just 30-second ads, either.
    Romney did "release" his delegates with his urging them to vote for McCain, but yes, now that they are released they are free to vote for anyone. I don't know about Huckabee's delegates.
    digg.com/d315eji

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by doronster195 View Post
    I envision that when nomination time comes all the RP-loyal delegates will vote for RP (however many that may be, I doubt its more than 30% though)
    At this point (and may states still to go!), Dr. Paul does not qualify to be nominated at the convention and couldn't get any votes. We need all of our supporters in the upcoming voting states to keep up the fight--it's a two man race now.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104384
    digg.com/d315eji

It doesn't matter to me whether or not this country has decided to make McCain the Republican nominee, or the media selected the Republican nominee for us, or that there is widespread voter fraud.

I WILL NOT VOTE FOR MCCAIN, OBAMA, OR CLINTON IN THE GENERAL ELECTION!

If it's possible to proselytize delegates and sway the convention in favor of Ron Paul, all well and good. It doesn't matter to me, though.

IT'S TIME TO DO WHAT WE SAID WE WOULD. We should all make sure that our votes will be legally counted as valid write-ins for Ron Paul. We have 8 months to make sure our state election commissions have their ducks in a row with this.

I WILL NOT ALLOW THE REST OF THE COUNTRY, AS DUPED AS THEY ARE, TO DECIDE FOR ME WHOM I WILL VOTE FOR IN NOVEMBER!

WHO IS WITH ME IN THIS?????

Not really most states have bound delegates only if he wins 50% of the vote. All states rules are different. But despite what the MSM reports a nominee is not truly selected until the National Convention. And anything can happen between now and September especially with someone involved in so many scandals and in Bad Health such as McCain.
    Keep up the good work everyone, we all play a part; the world is watching and we are on stage!

http://www.endthefed.us/

www.dailypaul.com

http://www.prayforpaul.com/prayers.html

www.campaignforliberty.com

Hey bradley!!
    I have had some issues with you arguing about the delegate process in other messages!

Well i would like to inform you i was right and i am now officially a delegate and precinct secretary
    One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
    Learn More at https://www.facebook.com/FireFiveFortyfive

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    Now we must start getting TONS of money for the Indy run.
    Nope. Not gonna happen. If you're saving your money for an Indy run, you may as well go spend it on something else if you're not going to give it to the present campaign because an Indy run will. not. happen.
    When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads. --Ron Paul

Pro-life is Pro-liberty
    http://www.l4l.org/

Quote Originally Posted by wv@SC View Post
    WHO IS WITH ME IN THIS?????
    I am!! How could I possibly sleep at night after voting for Hillary, Obama, or McCrazy?? Never happen.. A write-in it will be; RP all the way.

Where you see hopelessness, I see large opportunity

your ignorance astounds me, maybe you havent been around for the past 3 months?
    we have a hell of a hard time getting 10% in a state... how do you think we can pull the majority of delegates if we are pulling these kinda of numbers? i think the last time i checked we got 5% of the vote in texas.. not trying to be a troll or anything im just being realistic here. we've done great funding but as far as reaching to the general public we are doing horribly.. the person who said we would be in iraq for 100 years, in a country that 60-70% oppose the same war is WINNING. RP needs to bust out with something freaking AMAZING that would not only wake up some delegates but the general public IE. SHEEPS!!! really dont see your point of saying its far from over.. the establishment won this battle, but not the war IMO.
    I agree that breaking out would be nice, but it is not necessary for victory.
    I understand yours and others call for realism, in that many indicators point to McCain's eventual nomination. However, ignorance not withstanding, I will stand by my statement that this is not over by far. We're down 50-0 in the third quarter, with one quarter left to play. What shall we do now? I guess your team would cut & run. My team would not.
    This is not over by far.
    McCain's nomination is absolutely, positively, not sealed at this point, and anyone who believes that is absolutely incorrect.
    Delegate selection and their associated binding to a candidate are very different processes from primary voting. Each state has its own rules. Have you read yours? There are many threads that discuss this.
    Ron Paul advocates have proven themselves nothing if not motivated to act. If our motivation will carry forward into the remaining primaries, the states' national delegate selection processes and beyond, the presumed outcome can in fact be changed and Ron Paul can secure the nomination.
    Find out the delegate selection process in your state and get involved.
    Become a delegate to the national convention or vote for RP'ers to become those national delegates.
    At national, vote how you're obligated (or not, as you choose - check your state laws for penalties) until you're legally able to vote your conscience.
    Ron Paul wins the nomination.
    This is not over by far.
    Get to work.

georgiaboy
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

You guys are living in a freaking dream land.

There is ZERO realistic chance of Paul winning the nomination.

Spread the message of liberty instead of wasting your time trying to convince us that Ron still has a chance.

Damn, guys...

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Act

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty_is_NORML View Post

Spread the message of liberty instead of wasting your time trying to convince us that Ron still has a chance.

Damn, guys...
    If the message is spread a lot more efficiently, then he still has a chance.

People have to explode with enthusiasm, we need to show how much we care about Ron Paul winning, then they will begin to wonder why we care so much, and that's the key.

No other candidate has supporters with so much passion and the world needs so see this. This isn't going to happen in internet.
    The hope we lose returns us as energy, and we can spread that energy if we want.
    It's only about the truth: I doubt that anyone who sees "Freedom to Fascism" and "The Corporation" in combination with John Perkins' confessions can support any other than Ron Paul (Add "Outfoxed" and "Power of Nightmares" to that list for McCain supporters).
    Simply by giving your neighbours a cd with the information or just by inviting them over can make a huge change if every Ron Paul supporter does it.
    Inform frenzy!

If McCain becomes the president we have soo much to lose,
    If Ron Paul becomes the president we have sooo much to win.
    It's not just "we" it's also "they" but they don't know it.
    It's the whole world in fact, whole planet, every species on it.

But the point is, the difference will be so extremely huge that it's worth making almost every sacrifice, even if it costs your iPod and your comfort.
    Mini Truth Campaign - DIGG/note etc it please

McCain wrapped it up last night, stop with this conspiracy $#@!. Ron Paul has not won a state NOT 1, and you need to win 5 states to even qualify as a nominee.
    Ron Paul has less the 50 pledged delegates, you conspiracy theorists seriously believe that the 50 delgates paul has will overtake Mcain's 1200+. There is no brokered convention, Huckabbe lost and got squashed and could not stop Mccain from getting to the magic # of delegates.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast