Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McCain HAS NOT WON THE NOMINATION!

Quote Originally Posted by EastWindRain View Post
    This is the conclusion that my thinking leads me to as well.

Let's see: (Correct me if I am wrong) These are now our choices:

1. The R.P. movement fights on to further the message even though R.P. is mathematically eliminated. This would be a good idea for R.P. 2012 if R.P. runs then.
    2. Patriots who wish to continue the good fight can do the above by becoming (Ron Paul type) delegates, (it also changes the GOP slowly from within) but can also support Ron Paul's 3rd party run
    3. America and the world sees how pathetic the two choices for the Presidency are, (Hillary or Obama and McCain) and are honestly open and begging for a respectable 3rd party Candidate which will be Ron Paul.

Sure it will be an uphill battle raising funds and getting TV exposure, but we have to try. The people will be open minded for a third voice. Now is our chance. Ron Paul should establish an Exploratory Committee for The Constitution Party.

The people need hope. They don't see any hope now with the GOP. If we don't capture the remaining Ron Paul momentum the movement will die, as it is now almost dead. (The number of members on this forum is WAY down)

We have 8 months to convince the U.S. citizens to vote for Ron Paul. We should get to work now and create the ultimate Ron Paul DVD and somehow give them away to every voter in America.

This is where my thinking is leading me.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong! Paul has a 999999% better chance of winning if he stays with the GOP until the convention. Third party will get him nowhere. I'll bet you anything on it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckiana*chick View Post
    OK, how many delegates does McCain have that ABSOLUTELY belong to him?
    anyone know?
    none at all

Seriously. Even the pledged delegates are free to vote the way they please. They'll just get admonished by their local GOP. Nothing more.
    "pledged is as pledged does" -- delegates, that is.

Ron Paul is MY President, no matter what the November election tells me.

I've chosen him as my de jure leader, and as long as he represents the message of freedom, he represents ME

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    bump.
    it is not over by far.
    I too am new to this process of delegate selection for the national convention, and boundness of delegates. I've only recently discovered that each state GOP has their own rules for how their delegates are selected/elected, and how they are bound to vote. It is much more complicated than the media portrays.
    We have our marching orders from Ron himself, which until they change, remain as: continue canvassing, continue getting as many primary votes and delegates to the national convention as possible.
    This is far from over.
    Get to work.
    your ignorance astounds me, maybe you havent been around for the past 3 months?
    we have a hell of a hard time getting 10% in a state... how do you think we can pull the majority of delegates if we are pulling these kinda of numbers? i think the last time i checked we got 5% of the vote in texas.. not trying to be a troll or anything im just being realistic here. we've done great funding but as far as reaching to the general public we are doing horribly.. the person who said we would be in iraq for 100 years, in a country that 60-70% oppose the same war is WINNING. RP needs to bust out with something freaking AMAZING that would not only wake up some delegates but the general public IE. SHEEPS!!! really dont see your point of saying its far from over.. the establishment won this battle, but not the war IMO.

[QUOTE=EastWindRain;1325024]America and the world sees how pathetic the two choices for the Presidency are, (Hillary or Obama and McCain) and are honestly open and begging for a respectable 3rd party Candidate which will be Ron Paul. QUOTE]

america will not see how pathetic obaba or hitlery are....they are blinded by obamas satanical "charm" and hitlerys bill clinton back bone...

if ron paul does not get the republican nom expect to see obama or hitlery winning....in which case we will all be ubject to mandatory service....which will be needed now that we will probably be going to war with venezuela and ecuador.....
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.-- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Vet_from_cali View Post
    not trying to be a troll or anything
    Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by humanic View Post
    Technically zero I think. Many if not all states allow you to revise their rules and unbind all delegates, and even if this doesn't happen I don't think anyone is LEGALLY forced to vote for McCain. Am I right about this?
    Yes. Absolutely right.

We can go the route of trying to unbind delegates, but that will be difficult.

We can also go to the Convention and move to suspend the rules outright, but that requires a majority of delegates from 5 separate states... maybe possible, but not necessarily easy.

OR we can all just get there, and then vote against our pledge. Nothing is illegal about it at all.

I vote for option 3 myself, while trying for options 1 and 2 in the meantime.

I've chosen him as my de jure leader, and as long as he represents the message of freedom, he represents ME

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    The numbers reported are the pledged delegates. They are BOUND to vote for the person who wins the popular vote. That has been McCain. the only way the Ron Paul delegates can vote for RP would have been a brokered convention which now will not happen. It is over as far as winning the GOP. Now we must start getting TONS of money for the Indy run.
    You are incorrect.

The brokered convention is meaningless.

All we have to do is ignore the pledge.

Stop spreading this misinformation.

Read the GOP's convention rules.

EDIT: An indy run is useless! really, it's USELESS. Stop promoting it, please.
    Last edited by kyleAF; 03-04-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Indy dumbness

Quote Originally Posted by Paulitician View Post
    Troll!

lol

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    [QUOTE=Cinderella;1325079]
    America and the world sees how pathetic the two choices for the Presidency are, (Hillary or Obama and McCain) and are honestly open and begging for a respectable 3rd party Candidate which will be Ron Paul. QUOTE]

america will not see how pathetic obaba or hitlery are....they are blinded by obamas satanical "charm" and hitlerys bill clinton back bone...

if ron paul does not get the republican nom expect to see obama or hitlery winning....in which case we will all be ubject to mandatory service....which will be needed now that we will probably be going to war with venezuela and ecuador.....
    has RP even mentioned a 3rd party run yet? just curious.

[QUOTE=Vet_from_cali;1325107]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post

has RP even mentioned a 3rd party run yet? just curious.
    Actually, he did and ruled it out.

[QUOTE=Zera;1325110]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vet_from_cali View Post

Actually, he did and ruled it out.
    ORLY!?

and when was this?

If Ron Paul believed McCain had secured the nomination; he would NOT OK Huckabee being X'd off from his website.

Ron Paul has stated many times that he does not intend to run 3rd party. However he didn't really entirely rule it out. And if enough of us begged him to run 3rd party, he would probably do it. But there would probably have to be about at least 50 000 people begging him to run 3rd party in order for Ron Paul to agree to this tactic.

Edit
    : How many households are there in America? I would guess 300 Million divided by 4 people per house = 75 000 000 homes.

So we need 75 Million DVD's @ $1 / DVD = $75 Million Dollars we need to raise.
    So 75 000 000 / 200 000 Ron Paul supporters = a $ 375 dollar contribution each for the 3rd party money bomb. This is obtainable. Then we just need to hand the DVD's out. (Again the DVD must be superb)

$375 x 200 000 supporters = $75 million dollars in advertising in the form of DVD's. One DVD for each American household. (Plus we would take in some donations from the home owners for future projects.)

Bump.
    Imagine thousands of Ron Paul supporters marching at the same time in every major city in the world! There are almost 100,000 meetup.com group members!
    The R[3VOL]UTION is just getting started. We have shown the media that we can raise more money in one day than any candidate in history. Now it is time to show them, in person, just how many people this movement unites!
    http://www.ronpaulgum.com
    http://www.ronpaulmarch.com
    -RIP Aaron Russo- http://www.infowars.com

Ron Paul has stated many times that he does not intend to run 3rd party. However he didn't really entirely rule it out. And if enough of us begged him to run 3rd party, he would probably do it. But there would probably have to be about at least 50 000 people begging him to run 3rd party in order for Ron Paul to agree to this tactic.

Edit
    : How many households are there in America? I would guess 300 Million divided by 4 people per house = 75 000 000 homes.

So we need 75 Million DVD's @ $1 / DVD = $75 Million Dollars we need to raise.
    So 75 000 000 / 200 000 Ron Paul supporters = a $ 375 dollar contribution each for the 3rd party money bomb. This is obtainable. Then we just need to hand the DVD's out. (Again the DVD must be superb)

$375 x 200 000 supporters = $75 million dollars in advertising in the form of DVD's. One DVD for each American household. (Plus we would take in some donations from the home owners for future projects.)
    the fu** u smoking? you rly think people are going to pop a political dvd in their player? i mean didn't tom cruises political movie fail at the box office? a RP dvd !? you must be insane if you think that is going to do anything to the general public, you need to recognize that most people dont even know who the hell RP is still....i told most of my family members who i voted for and they said "who?". THE GENERAL PUBLIC AS WELL AS VOTERS NEED A $#@!IN WAKEUP CALL FROM RONPAUL HIMSELF, HE NEEDS TO MAKE A SPEECH THAT WOULD MAKE THEIR EYES POP OUT OF THEIR SOCKETS!!

sry for my french

im still laughing at you thinking people would actually watch a ron paul DVD lol..... crazyness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THOSE PEOPLE WOULD SAY "HMM THIS WILL MAKE FOR A NICE COASTER FOR MY DRINK"
    Last edited by Vet_from_cali; 03-04-2008 at 10:59 PM. Reason: MORE

Quote Originally Posted by kyleAF View Post
    You are incorrect.

The brokered convention is meaningless.

All we have to do is ignore the pledge.

Stop spreading this misinformation.

Read the GOP's convention rules.

EDIT: An indy run is useless! really, it's USELESS. Stop promoting it, please.
    Where would that GOP national convention rule book be? If anything we all need to read it...and win this darn thing.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah but the MSM says he won.

This makes supporting Ron Paul only that much more revolutionary. It's only more fun to stick it in their faces.

Ron Paul is the president, as far as I am concerned. Surely they send SWAT teams after competing currency, lending to the power it has to bring down the leviathan state. So let them go on the attack for competing presidency.
    If this should be, our final stand,
    we will stand together with pride
    We will honour the past, and fight to the last,
    it will be a good way to die
    It matters not, if the cause is lost,
    and we can not stop the tide
    We will fight to the end, and then fight again,
    it will be a good way to die

Quote Originally Posted by Vet_from_cali
    the fu** u smoking? you rly think people are going to pop a political dvd in their player? i mean didn't tom cruises political movie fail at the box office? a RP dvd !? you must be insane if you think that is going to do anything to the general public, you need to recognize that most people dont even know who the hell RP is still....i told most of my family members who i voted for and they said "who?". THE GENERAL PUBLIC AS WELL AS VOTERS NEED A $#@!IN WAKEUP CALL FROM RONPAUL HIMSELF, HE NEEDS TO MAKE A SPEECH THAT WOULD MAKE THEIR EYES POP OUT OF THEIR SOCKETS!!

sry for my french
    If the people can't be convinced by their friends, peers, family and community members to watch a Ron Paul DVD then it is hopeless. The main stream media will not promote Ron Paul.

All of us must convince those in our circle of friends to watch such a DVD. Then those who have watched it, convince people in their circle of friends to watch it, and so on and so on. People who care enough to vote would watch it if they were being pressured to do so by their peers.

Do you have a better idea or solution?

Knock, knock...

Who’s there?

Ron.

Ron who?

Exactly.

Even this misrepresentation of the truth shows McLame has not won... It does not look like 1191 pledged to me...

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/pri...orecard/#val=R

John McCain
    Pledged: 1135
    Unpledged RNC*: 70
    Total: 1,205
    LukeNM

Gen. George Washington during the first American Revolution:
    "We can't guarantee victory, but we can deserve it."

[QUOTE=Vet_from_cali;1325117]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zera View Post

ORLY!?

and when was this?
    A fairly recent interview had Ron spell it out CLEARLY! Someone will likely post a video of it here. I see absolutely no reason for him to change his position on the matter, but it might be possible. Go for it, but I think any supporters for a third party run are blowing in the wind.
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 03-05-2008 at 12:24 AM.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me there are hundreds upon hundreds of delegates that *were* bound to Rommel and Huckaface and others, and all of these delegates are now "up for grabs". Why not go after them?

I agree, we need a national ad campaign immediately - and not just 30-second ads, either.

god damn some of the people here are $#@!ing dreaming. mccain has secured the gop nomination. it is over as far as getting the gop nomination is concerned.

So basically some people here would want delegates to go against the way the majority of the GOP voted and vote for Ron Paul instead?

That doesn't sound like democracy to me. What would ya'll think if the positions were flip flopped and McCain supporters were trying to get delegates to vote in ways they weren't intended to vote?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What happened to NADAR HAHAHA

I am still 100% for Ron Paul!

We Have Already Won. We Have Infiltrated Over 500 Delegates. Watch The Show And Watch The Revolution In September. Don't Sleep Until Ron Is In The White House.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbaird5687 View Post
    So basically some people here would want delegates to go against the way the majority of the GOP voted and vote for Ron Paul instead?

That doesn't sound like democracy to me. What would ya'll think if the positions were flip flopped and McCain supporters were trying to get delegates to vote in ways they weren't intended to vote?
    1. This country was not founded as a Democracy, get your head out of your ass. We were founded as a Federalist Republic, and we are meant to be loyal to our Constitution. When the "majority" decides to disavow our Constitution even though our leaders are sworn to it, then we can in good conscience undermine their authority. Our founding fathers suggested that we do so with guns, yet we have chosen to take a peaceful route.

2. Most people still don't know who Ron Paul is because of the MSM's vast distortion of truth, so nothing "democratically" decided can be relied upon. When you make your decisions based on lies, then your decisions become nothing but extensions of lies.

3. Vote fraud has been rampant. It is difficult to show to what extent, but there is no question that it was present, and always against us.
    Last edited by bcreps85; 03-05-2008 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcreps85 View Post
    1. This country was not founded as a Democracy, get your head out of your ass. We were founded as a Federalist Republic, and we are meant to be loyal to our Constitution. When the "majority" decides to disavow our Constitution even though our leaders are sworn to it, then we can in good conscience undermine their authority. Our founding fathers suggested that we do so with guns, yet we have chosen to take a peaceful route.

2. Most people still don't know who Ron Paul is because of the MSM's vast distortion of truth, so nothing "democratically" decided can be relied upon. When you make your decisions based on lies, then your decisions become nothing but extensions of lies.
    well said and qft
    the first breaths have been breathed and they will not be stopped...ever

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast