Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain HAS NOT WON THE NOMINATION!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

McCain HAS NOT WON THE NOMINATION!

This needs to be a sticky. McCain has not won the nomination. This wont be decided until September. What the MSM is reporting is just "the best case senario". Most of the delegates can vote for anyone they want in September. Dont get discouraged. Ron Paul now has 7 months to campaing against McWar and do you honestly belive he will lose that battle. The MSM is not telling the whole truth in the delegate process. This is not over until September. Keep supporting Ron Paul and spread his name and message like never before. We have helped him beat 10 other guys now to date...now its just 1 to go. Keep fighting for him!

I repeat, the delegates ARE NOT VOTING until SEPTEMBER.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All I heard on news stations are that McCain has officially won the GOP.

smh.

I hate the MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    This needs to be a sticky. McCain has not won the nomination. This wont be decided until September. What the MSM is reporting is just "the best case senario". Most of the delegates can vote for anyone they want in September. Dont get discouraged. Ron Paul now has 7 months to campaing against McWar and do you honestly belive he will lose that battle. The MSM is not telling the whole truth in the delegate process. This is not over until September. Keep supporting Ron Paul and spread his name and message like never before. We have helped him beat 10 other guys now to date...now its just 1 to go. Keep fighting for him!

I repeat, the delegates ARE NOT VOTING until SEPTEMBER.
    I've been saying this all along yet nobody seems to realize it. The CONVENTION picks the nominee not the MSM numbers.

The MSM is acting like every state is winner-takes-all, that is not true, there are many states where delegates are chosen by county - and McCain did not win EVERY county in every state that he "won".
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

OK, how many delegates does McCain have that ABSOLUTELY belong to him?
    anyone know?
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckiana*chick View Post
    anyone know?
    Technically zero I think. Many if not all states allow you to revise their rules and unbind all delegates, and even if this doesn't happen I don't think anyone is LEGALLY forced to vote for McCain. Am I right about this?

Quote Originally Posted by humanic View Post
    Technically zero I think. Many if not all states allow you to revise their rules and unbind all delegates, and even if this doesn't happen I don't think anyone is LEGALLY forced to vote for McCain. Am I right about this?
    hmmmmmm, very interesting indeed if correct. It sucks that the MSM is allowed to report this thing is concretely sewn up. I'm new to being interested in politics, so, I'm starting to understand how it works, but it's still so convoluted and seems so arbitrary still. Are they making this whole process more complicated than it has to be?
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

"morally bound"

If I am chosen as a delegate, I intend to use the same verbal clarity as written in H.R. 1955

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes. Absolutely right.

We can go the route of trying to unbind delegates, but that will be difficult.

We can also go to the Convention and move to suspend the rules outright, but that requires a majority of delegates from 5 separate states... maybe possible, but not necessarily easy.

OR we can all just get there, and then vote against our pledge. Nothing is illegal about it at all.

I vote for option 3 myself, while trying for options 1 and 2 in the meantime.
    "pledged is as pledged does" -- delegates, that is.

Ron Paul is MY President, no matter what the November election tells me.

I've chosen him as my de jure leader, and as long as he represents the message of freedom, he represents ME

Quote Originally Posted by kyleAF View Post
    Yes. Absolutely right.

We can go the route of trying to unbind delegates, but that will be difficult.

We can also go to the Convention and move to suspend the rules outright, but that requires a majority of delegates from 5 separate states... maybe possible, but not necessarily easy.

OR we can all just get there, and then vote against our pledge. Nothing is illegal about it at all.

I vote for option 3 myself, while trying for options 1 and 2 in the meantime.
    No, no, no. In most states that bind delegates (most states) it is by state election law. Despite embarrassing misinformation by the clueless official campaign, the convention delegates have no authority to "unbind" themselves (they can be "released" by the candidate to whom they are pledged--I don't think "unbind" is even a term here).

It takes a majority of delegates from one state, seconded by a majority of delegates from five ADDITIONAL states to suspend the rules.

Yes, if one is bound, it is not only illegal, it isn't going to happen. In most states, the McCain delegates to convention were chosen by his campaign and are NOT a fifth column of Paul supporters.
    Last edited by Bradley in DC; 03-05-2008 at 07:02 AM.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

No, that's wrong.
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckiana*chick View Post
    anyone know?
    none at all

Seriously. Even the pledged delegates are free to vote the way they please. They'll just get admonished by their local GOP. Nothing more.

I've chosen him as my de jure leader, and as long as he represents the message of freedom, he represents ME

none at all

Seriously. Even the pledged delegates are free to vote the way they please. They'll just get admonished by their local GOP. Nothing more.
    Could you please back up this claim and elaborate--or is it just wishful thinking? Please cite the rules in the states to which you refer. If you don't know what you're talking about, please stop spreading misinformation.
    digg.com/d315eji

The numbers reported are the pledged delegates. They are BOUND to vote for the person who wins the popular vote. That has been McCain. the only way the Ron Paul delegates can vote for RP would have been a brokered convention which now will not happen. It is over as far as winning the GOP. Now we must start getting TONS of money for the Indy run.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    The numbers reported are the pledged delegates. They are BOUND to vote for the person who wins the popular vote. That has been McCain. the only way the Ron Paul delegates can vote for RP would have been a brokered convention which now will not happen. It is over as far as winning the GOP. Now we must start getting TONS of money for the Indy run.
    Wrong.

If enough Paul supporters go to their state convention, with a 2/3 vote, they can make all of their state's delegates unbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Zera View Post
    Wrong.

If enough Paul supporters go to their state convention, with a 2/3 vote, they can make all of their state's delegates unbound.
    AMEN!!!!
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wrong.

Rules on how to decide delegates to the national convention vary greatly by state. In straight primary states we don't even have state conventions. While what you say may be right in your state, it is clearly untrue as a general principle. Again, please cite the governing authorities for your claim.
    digg.com/d315eji

Wrong.

As is, the delegates from the state convention to the national convention are bound. Delegates go from precinct to senatorial district conventions where the delegates to state will be chosen. Delegates to the state will choose the delegates to the national convention.

With all the Huckabee, Romney, Thompson, Hunter, etc.....supporters looking at having to vote for McCain or taking a serious look at Paul, unbinding the delegates might not be as hard as you think. McCain has no love lost down here in Texas. His amnesty bill sunk him here long ago. Texans don't trust McCain and it shows. No signs, no bumper stickers, no poll workers. He is dead in the water here.

Face it, many sheeple went to the polls thinking they could only vote for McCain, or vote democratic. They really have no idea that Paul is still a choice, even though his name was on the ballot. By the way, in my precinct, so were the names of half of the people who had alreay dropped out.

They even think that casting their ballot is the end of the process....They have no idea about delegates and such, and don't want to know.

These people would vote for whomever they were TOLD was the republican nominee....Don't expect them to take to the streets when we take back America. They will just be sitting in front of their TV with their mouths hanging open.

This is the conclusion that my thinking leads me to as well.

Let's see: (Correct me if I am wrong) These are now our choices:

1. The R.P. movement fights on to further the message even though R.P. is mathematically eliminated. This would be a good idea for R.P. 2012 if R.P. runs then.
    2. Patriots who wish to continue the good fight can do the above by becoming (Ron Paul type) delegates, (it also changes the GOP slowly from within) but can also support Ron Paul's 3rd party run
    3. America and the world sees how pathetic the two choices for the Presidency are, (Hillary or Obama and McCain) and are honestly open and begging for a respectable 3rd party Candidate which will be Ron Paul.

Sure it will be an uphill battle raising funds and getting TV exposure, but we have to try. The people will be open minded for a third voice. Now is our chance. Ron Paul should establish an Exploratory Committee for The Constitution Party.

The people need hope. They don't see any hope now with the GOP. If we don't capture the remaining Ron Paul momentum the movement will die, as it is now almost dead. (The number of members on this forum is WAY down)

We have 8 months to convince the U.S. citizens to vote for Ron Paul. We should get to work now and create the ultimate Ron Paul DVD and somehow give them away to every household in America.

This is where my thinking is leading me.

Edit
    : How many households are there in America? I would guess 300 Million divided by 4 people per house = 75 000 000 homes.

So we need 75 Million DVD's @ $1 / DVD = $75 Million Dollars we need to raise.
    So 75 000 000 / 200 000 Ron Paul supporters = $ 375 contribution each for the 3rd party money bomb. This is obtainable. Then we just need to hand the DVD's out. (Again the DVD must be superb)
    Last edited by EastWindRain; 03-04-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastWindRain View Post

1. The R.P. movement fights on to further the message even though R.P. is mathematically eliminated. This would be a good idea for R.P. 2012 if R.P. runs then.
    2. Patriots who wish to continue the good fight can do the above by becoming (Ron Paul type) delegates, (it also changes the GOP slowly from within) but can also support Ron Paul's 3rd party run
    3. America and the world sees how pathetic the two choices for the Presidency are, (Hillary or Obama and McCain) and are honestly open and begging for a respectable 3rd party Candidate which will be Ron Paul.

Sure it will be an uphill battle raising funds and getting TV exposure, but we have to try. The people will be open minded for a third voice. Now is our chance. Ron Paul should establish an Exploratory Committee for The Constitution Party.

The people need hope. They don't see any hope now with the GOP. If we don't capture the remaining Ron Paul momentum the movement will die, as it is now almost dead. (The number of members on this forum is WAY down)

We have 8 months to convince the U.S. citizens to vote for Ron Paul. We should get to work now and create the ultimate Ron Paul DVD and somehow give them away to every voter in America.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong! Paul has a 999999% better chance of winning if he stays with the GOP until the convention. Third party will get him nowhere. I'll bet you anything on it.

[QUOTE=EastWindRain;1325024]America and the world sees how pathetic the two choices for the Presidency are, (Hillary or Obama and McCain) and are honestly open and begging for a respectable 3rd party Candidate which will be Ron Paul. QUOTE]

america will not see how pathetic obaba or hitlery are....they are blinded by obamas satanical "charm" and hitlerys bill clinton back bone...

if ron paul does not get the republican nom expect to see obama or hitlery winning....in which case we will all be ubject to mandatory service....which will be needed now that we will probably be going to war with venezuela and ecuador.....
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.-- Thomas Jefferson

[QUOTE=Cinderella;1325079]
    America and the world sees how pathetic the two choices for the Presidency are, (Hillary or Obama and McCain) and are honestly open and begging for a respectable 3rd party Candidate which will be Ron Paul. QUOTE]

america will not see how pathetic obaba or hitlery are....they are blinded by obamas satanical "charm" and hitlerys bill clinton back bone...

if ron paul does not get the republican nom expect to see obama or hitlery winning....in which case we will all be ubject to mandatory service....which will be needed now that we will probably be going to war with venezuela and ecuador.....
    has RP even mentioned a 3rd party run yet? just curious.

[QUOTE=Vet_from_cali;1325107]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post

has RP even mentioned a 3rd party run yet? just curious.
    Actually, he did and ruled it out.

We have 8 months to convince the U.S. citizens to vote for Ron Paul. We should get to work now and create the ultimate Ron Paul DVD and somehow give them away to every household in America.

Edit
    : How many households are there in America? I would guess 300 Million divided by 4 people per house = 75 000 000 homes.

So we need 75 Million DVD's @ $1 / DVD = $75 Million Dollars we need to raise.
    So 75 000 000 / 200 000 Ron Paul supporters = $ 375 contribution each for the 3rd party money bomb. This is obtainable. Then we just need to hand the DVD's out. (Again the DVD must be superb)
    my brother was asking me to do the math on this a few months back. it would be nice if it works. I am not trying to be a negative nancy, but at what point do we start sending out dvds to revolutionaries to teach them how to be prepared for what is coming down the pipe should Dr. Paul not win?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are incorrect.

The brokered convention is meaningless.

All we have to do is ignore the pledge.

Stop spreading this misinformation.

Read the GOP's convention rules.

EDIT: An indy run is useless! really, it's USELESS. Stop promoting it, please.
    Last edited by kyleAF; 03-04-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Indy dumbness

You are incorrect.

The brokered convention is meaningless.

All we have to do is ignore the pledge.

Stop spreading this misinformation.

Read the GOP's convention rules.

EDIT: An indy run is useless! really, it's USELESS. Stop promoting it, please.
    Where would that GOP national convention rule book be? If anything we all need to read it...and win this darn thing.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    Where would that GOP national convention rule book be? If anything we all need to read it...and win this darn thing.
    I explain a lot of it here with links to the rules:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104384
    digg.com/d315eji

Now we must start getting TONS of money for the Indy run.
    Nope. Not gonna happen. If you're saving your money for an Indy run, you may as well go spend it on something else if you're not going to give it to the present campaign because an Indy run will. not. happen.
    When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads. --Ron Paul

Pro-life is Pro-liberty
    http://www.l4l.org/

then ill save my money to pay my bills;)

Quote Originally Posted by TC95 View Post
    Nope. Not gonna happen. If you're saving your money for an Indy run, you may as well go spend it on something else if you're not going to give it to the present campaign because an Indy run will. not. happen.
    my money will go to ron paul once he has a solid plan for after the convention. he needs to speak up asap,but if he isnt planning on running in a general election,then ill plan to pay my debt before i send it off. Ron Paul is my write in candidate but if he is going to adandon his message over a lil party loyalty.when the republiocan party has done everything possible to keep the true republican message down then so be it.

I will donate more money once we get some clarification. i see no point in pouring more of my hard earned money ,unless he runs in the general election. I'm already a delegate. we dont need to send more money . We are in the delegate process ,if people are not involved already in the republican primary then they will not be involved. My vote in general is already ron paul.
    We need to hold the gops feet to the fire NOW.they showed no mercy on ron paul.So we show no mercy to the republican party when they cant even follow their own platform.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

now this jackass on abc just said that McCain is going to Washington tomorrow to meet with Bush and Bush will officially endorse McCain as the Republican nominee

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast