Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain HAS NOT WON THE NOMINATION!

McCain HAS NOT WON THE NOMINATION!

This needs to be a sticky. McCain has not won the nomination. This wont be decided until September. What the MSM is reporting is just "the best case senario". Most of the delegates can vote for anyone they want in September. Dont get discouraged. Ron Paul now has 7 months to campaing against McWar and do you honestly belive he will lose that battle. The MSM is not telling the whole truth in the delegate process. This is not over until September. Keep supporting Ron Paul and spread his name and message like never before. We have helped him beat 10 other guys now to date...now its just 1 to go. Keep fighting for him!

I repeat, the delegates ARE NOT VOTING until SEPTEMBER.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All I heard on news stations are that McCain has officially won the GOP.

smh.

I hate the MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    This needs to be a sticky. McCain has not won the nomination. This wont be decided until September. What the MSM is reporting is just "the best case senario". Most of the delegates can vote for anyone they want in September. Dont get discouraged. Ron Paul now has 7 months to campaing against McWar and do you honestly belive he will lose that battle. The MSM is not telling the whole truth in the delegate process. This is not over until September. Keep supporting Ron Paul and spread his name and message like never before. We have helped him beat 10 other guys now to date...now its just 1 to go. Keep fighting for him!

I repeat, the delegates ARE NOT VOTING until SEPTEMBER.
    I've been saying this all along yet nobody seems to realize it. The CONVENTION picks the nominee not the MSM numbers.

OK, how many delegates does McCain have that ABSOLUTELY belong to him?
    anyone know?
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

The numbers reported are the pledged delegates. They are BOUND to vote for the person who wins the popular vote. That has been McCain. the only way the Ron Paul delegates can vote for RP would have been a brokered convention which now will not happen. It is over as far as winning the GOP. Now we must start getting TONS of money for the Indy run.

now this jackass on abc just said that McCain is going to Washington tomorrow to meet with Bush and Bush will officially endorse McCain as the Republican nominee

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    The numbers reported are the pledged delegates. They are BOUND to vote for the person who wins the popular vote. That has been McCain. the only way the Ron Paul delegates can vote for RP would have been a brokered convention which now will not happen. It is over as far as winning the GOP. Now we must start getting TONS of money for the Indy run.
    Wrong.

If enough Paul supporters go to their state convention, with a 2/3 vote, they can make all of their state's delegates unbound.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckiana*chick View Post
    OK, how many delegates does McCain have that ABSOLUTELY belong to him?
    anyone know?
    Technically zero I think. Many if not all states allow you to revise their rules and unbind all delegates, and even if this doesn't happen I don't think anyone is LEGALLY forced to vote for McCain. Am I right about this?

I think he has... but that's just me.

You are correct. The delegates haven't even been selected yet.

It is too bad that a vocal part of this board have either given up, or don't understand the difference between the reported delegates won...........and the actual people that show up at the convention.

If Ron Paul supporters(or even mccain hating conservatives) are a significant number of ACTUAL delegates, paul's campaign is a success. Mccain being booed by his own party at the convention would be worth it alone.

We won't know until the state conventions. We count the ACTUAL delegates, then determine what to do. Until then talking about 3rd party runs is just stupid, since THIS is what Ron paul's plan is.

The MSM is acting like every state is winner-takes-all, that is not true, there are many states where delegates are chosen by county - and McCain did not win EVERY county in every state that he "won".
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

thank u for this thread satchel....all delegates need to make sure they show up to their convention!!!!

bump for positivity!!!!!!
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.-- Thomas Jefferson

This is what I have heard, but I do not know how true it is.

Even the bound delegates can vote for who they want. The only problem would be that they would get into some trouble with their state GOP.

But who would care about that anyway? Anyway, as I said, I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is... Holy $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by humanic View Post
    Technically zero I think. Many if not all states allow you to revise their rules and unbind all delegates, and even if this doesn't happen I don't think anyone is LEGALLY forced to vote for McCain. Am I right about this?
    hmmmmmm, very interesting indeed if correct. It sucks that the MSM is allowed to report this thing is concretely sewn up. I'm new to being interested in politics, so, I'm starting to understand how it works, but it's still so convoluted and seems so arbitrary still. Are they making this whole process more complicated than it has to be?
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zera View Post
    Wrong.

If enough Paul supporters go to their state convention, with a 2/3 vote, they can make all of their state's delegates unbound.
    AMEN!!!!
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    BUmp for truth...We need to keep on bumping this thread. We still have a chance. He might not get enough bound delegates. So it's important we fight on and make sure he doesn't. maybe now with Huckabee out we can pick up more votes.

"morally bound"

If I am chosen as a delegate, I intend to use the same verbal clarity as written in H.R. 1955

Even the bound delegates can vote for who they want. The only problem would be that they would get into some trouble with their state GOP.

But who would care about that anyway? Anyway, as I said, I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is... Holy $#@!.
    Ive also read this, but didnt know how true it may be. either way if more Paul delegates show up, then he has won just that easy.

If they pass some resolutions like the people in Texas are passing (see other threads), the delegates should get in trouble if they DO vote for McInsane.

Last edited by faisal; 06-03-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by faisal View Post
    the delegates are locked onto their candidate! Don't you guys know anything? McCain's delegates are for McCain! They can only change their minds in a Brokered Convention, which is over since McCain won an hour ago!
    wrong. as stated before, he hasnt won anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    thank u for this thread satchel....all delegates need to make sure they show up to their convention!!!!

bump for positivity!!!!!!
    Thats right, we will never quit, at least the ones who really care and not just think that life has dealt them a bad hand.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are they counting Romney's delegates as McCain's?
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

bump for never giving up hope

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im in this to win this!!!
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.-- Thomas Jefferson

bump.
    it is not over by far.
    I too am new to this process of delegate selection for the national convention, and boundness of delegates. I've only recently discovered that each state GOP has their own rules for how their delegates are selected/elected, and how they are bound to vote. It is much more complicated than the media portrays.
    We have our marching orders from Ron himself, which until they change, remain as: continue canvassing, continue getting as many primary votes and delegates to the national convention as possible.
    This is far from over.
    Get to work.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    This is the conclusion that my thinking leads me to as well.

Let's see: (Correct me if I am wrong) These are now our choices:

1. The R.P. movement fights on to further the message even though R.P. is mathematically eliminated. This would be a good idea for R.P. 2012 if R.P. runs then.
    2. Patriots who wish to continue the good fight can do the above by becoming (Ron Paul type) delegates, (it also changes the GOP slowly from within) but can also support Ron Paul's 3rd party run
    3. America and the world sees how pathetic the two choices for the Presidency are, (Hillary or Obama and McCain) and are honestly open and begging for a respectable 3rd party Candidate which will be Ron Paul.

Sure it will be an uphill battle raising funds and getting TV exposure, but we have to try. The people will be open minded for a third voice. Now is our chance. Ron Paul should establish an Exploratory Committee for The Constitution Party.

The people need hope. They don't see any hope now with the GOP. If we don't capture the remaining Ron Paul momentum the movement will die, as it is now almost dead. (The number of members on this forum is WAY down)

We have 8 months to convince the U.S. citizens to vote for Ron Paul. We should get to work now and create the ultimate Ron Paul DVD and somehow give them away to every household in America.

This is where my thinking is leading me.

Edit
    : How many households are there in America? I would guess 300 Million divided by 4 people per house = 75 000 000 homes.

So we need 75 Million DVD's @ $1 / DVD = $75 Million Dollars we need to raise.
    So 75 000 000 / 200 000 Ron Paul supporters = $ 375 contribution each for the 3rd party money bomb. This is obtainable. Then we just need to hand the DVD's out. (Again the DVD must be superb)
    Last edited by EastWindRain; 03-04-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    bump.
    it is not over by far.
    I too am new to this process of delegate selection for the national convention, and boundness of delegates. I've only recently discovered that each state GOP has their own rules for how their delegates are selected/elected, and how they are bound to vote. It is much more complicated than the media portrays.
    We have our marching orders from Ron himself, which until they change, remain as: continue canvassing, continue getting as many primary votes and delegates to the national convention as possible.
    This is far from over.
    Get to work.
    seconded!!
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast