Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 101 Reasons to move to New Hampshire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

101 Reasons to move to New Hampshire

http://www.freestateproject.org/file...Move-to-NH.pdf

With over 8,000 members already signed up, there is little argument against this cause. In fact the only good argument is the cold weather.

But that will be taken care of soon enough. Until we take over more regions, just how Liberty-minded are you?

www.freestateproject.org
    For good times, IM me.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by Benaiah; 03-04-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benaiah View Post
    Time, money & energy spent in New Hampshire = TONS.
    Time, money & energy spent in Montana = NONE.

Vote % in New Hampshire = 8%
    Vote % in Montana = 25%

Imagine if how much % of the vote would have went for Paul in Montana if we sent NH's resources there. Look at this map, http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/donors.html
    The west is freedom territory. I have nothing against New Hampshire... it just seems like Montana would be waaaaaay easier to take over.
    I plan to organize a similar thing for Montana rather soon, but NH is first on the list because it has already been organized and there are many people ready to move once the list reaches 20,000.
    For good times, IM me.

Blah didn't realize this was an old topic. Evil old bumps from hades.
    Last edited by ChaosControl; 11-30-2010 at 05:50 PM.

The Free state project is a failure, if New Hampshire is no better than the rest of the united states. Idaho and Montana see like the best candidates for a real free state project.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    The Free state project is a failure, if New Hampshire is no better than the rest of the united states. Idaho and Montana see like the best candidates for a real free state project.
    Read '101 Reasons'.
    For good times, IM me.

It has barely started, and you're already calling it a failure? Change takes years. NH has the best foundation to build on.

Technically the FSP pledge is for everyone to move after 20k signatures are reached, but hundreds have already moved, and have made a bigger difference than I would have thought possible which such a small group. And we're expected to double or triple in size this year with the arrival of the First 1k pledges.

If you don't value liberty enough to move to NH (I moved from Los Angeles), that's fine, but don't insult the tremendous accomplishments the FSP members are making. And the best is yet to come!

Quote Originally Posted by OferNave View Post
    It has barely started, and you're already calling it a failure? Change takes years. NH has the best foundation to build on.

Technically the FSP pledge is for everyone to move after 20k signatures are reached, but hundreds have already moved, and have made a bigger difference than I would have thought possible which such a small group. And we're expected to double or triple in size this year with the arrival of the First 1k pledges.

If you don't value liberty enough to move to NH (I moved from Los Angeles), that's fine, but don't insult the tremendous accomplishments the FSP members are making. And the best is yet to come!
    That's awesome that you moved!

I'll be joining you soon enough!
    For good times, IM me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by Benaiah; 02-29-2008 at 05:25 PM.

I saw how NH voted in the primary and my first thought is that they need to retire the "live free or die" motto.

#102 - So all of the liberty-minded people can sit on a reservation while the rest of the country goes to Hell.
    #103 - So we won't have to do all of the hard and sometimes nauseating work of mingling with, educating, and awakening other Americans.
    #104 - So we can replicate the great political successes of the hippie communes of the 60's and 70's.
    #105 - So we can sit around and tell each other how smart we are.
    #106 - So the original residents of New Hampshire can fear and resent a big influx of "outsiders" trying to hijack their state.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.C. S. Lewis

Agree ...... Isn't there already a fsp in Montana? Or am I thinking of Wyoming?
    Last edited by Dianne; 06-02-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Agree ...... Isn't there already a fsp in Montana? Or am I thinking of Wyoming?
    No, there is neither. A few people tried to copy the FSP idea for WY/MT/ID. That project never went anywhere. I think a person did move to MT. No one moved to ID.

There is another copy group called Free State Wyoming. It is lead by Boston T. Party. He is a writer that comes to New Hampshire to speak at liberty events. For example, he will be speaking at the Porcupine Freedom Festival this month in Lancaster, NH. A person who moved to WY as part of FSW is on this forum. He said that he may be the only person that moved to WY as part of the FSW that is politically active.

There are many hundreds of people who moved to NH as part of the FSP that are politically active. In fact, there are around 100 people that moved to NH as part of the FSP that have been elected, already. Several more of us are running for the 1st time this year, so hopefully, once we get elected, the number will be over 10%. That means around 10% of the people moving to NH as part of the FSP are getting elected to office. That is also about the same percentage of us who have run for office.

Dianne, NH is not only the freest state in the US, it is also the easiest state to bring about political reform and has the most decentralized form of government in the US. Why do you think it is a failure and not far better than MT as a free state candidate?

2011 Freedom State Rankings
    NH
    #1 Overall
    #2 Economic
    #11 Personal
    MT
    #29 Overall
    #25 Economic
    #33 Personal
    http://mercatus.org/freedom-50-states-2011

MT had some pretty special freedoms in the 90s but the people decided they didn't like most of those freedoms and got rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ????
    SF Bay area has below zero temps every winter?
    LOL. Well, that doesn't happen to all of NH every year. Many a year goes by where beach communities like Hampton and Seabrook and some of the near by towns don't reach those temps or only do for 1 day.

Edit: We just had a new mover from Wyoming to NH as part of the FSP. This means we have had at least 1 mover from MT, ID and WY to NH. All those movers are still here in NH, working towards liberty.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 06-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

its the best state in thr northeast...doesnt mean its a fsilure bevause its not firing on all cylinders.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Montana will be for Contumacious's family

Montana will not agree to share its citizens' personal and private information through a national database, nor bear the exorbitant cost building such a database. Furthermore, the Act tramples on our state's right to determine our own licensing procedures and protocols, and would interfere with our state's work to improve drivers' license security.

Montana is in no mood at all for another heavy-handed play by the federal government, such as what transpired in 2008 when the homeland security director threatened to prevent Montanans from boarding an airplane unless we complied with the REAL ID act. We refused, and will refuse again."

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Don't forget NV for those that object to snow.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    And who object to rain, and green grass, and trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    And who object to rain, and green grass, and trees.
    Agreed. I don't see why anyone would want to moved to NV over Montana, Idaho, New Hampshire. Water rights are a bitch now, just think when $#@! hits the floor. Plus have the state is government land. The state is having a locust effect from Californians and Vegas/Henderson pretty much dictates the entire state. The only politician there worth anything is Dean Heller.
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamShrugged View Post
    Agreed. I don't see why anyone would want to moved to NV over Montana, Idaho, New Hampshire. Water rights are a bitch now, just think when $#@! hits the floor. Plus have the state is government land. The state is having a locust effect from Californians and Vegas/Henderson pretty much dictates the entire state. The only politician there worth anything is Dean Heller.
    A political system on the Federal level is the same as an economic system. We often use the wrong terms when describing the relationship between the Federal government and the fifty United States. Each state should be considered a nation. Therefore, to avoid tyranny, the best a national economy can be is a competing state economy. On the Federal level, we operate not on the national level, but as a Democratic Republic. In other words, as it should be considered a necessary evil or tyranny, there should be, at best, a limited economy on the Federal level.
    Last edited by Uncle Emanuel Watkins; 07-04-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Emanuel Watkins View Post
    A political system on the Federal level is the same as an economic system. We often use the wrong terms when describing the relationship between the Federal government and the fifty United States. Each state should be considered a nation. Therefore, to avoid tyranny, the best a national economy can be is a competing state economy. On the Federal level, we operate not on the national level, but as a Democratic Republic. In other words, as it should be considered a necessary evil or tyranny, there should be, at best, a limited economy on the Federal level.
    Okay??? And what makes Nevada a better necessary evil in dealing with over the States i mentioned? Have you dealt with the water issues in that state? Why move to a state that is on the losing end of liberty. NH is making progress. Nevada over the last 10 is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    is NV more libertarian than AZ or NM?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toureg89 View Post
    is NV more libertarian than AZ or NM?
    To a point yes. Lived in NV for 12 years. FYI NV gets snow (Everywhere north of Clark County). The problem with NV is Henderson and Vegas have a huge control on the state, Californians have been shifting NV to a less free route, high mormon population (proves to be a bias voting block), and the government owns a lot of the land. With NV's desert and water rights issue, i would choose elsewhere for when SHTF. If i would choose a libertarian state in the west i would say Montana or Colorado over the ones you listed. Then the Dakotas.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamShrugged View Post
    To a point yes. Lived in NV for 12 years. FYI NV gets snow (Everywhere north of Clark County). The problem with NV is Henderson and Vegas have a huge control on the state, Californians have been shifting NV to a less free route, high mormon population (proves to be a bias voting block), and the government owns a lot of the land. With NV's desert and water rights issue, i would choose elsewhere for when SHTF. If i would choose a libertarian state in the west i would say Montana or Colorado over the ones you listed. Then the Dakotas.

NM has Open Carry and Medical Marijuana, doesn't it? sure, those aren't the only two things that measure freedom, but they are pretty big indicators of freedom on both sides (conservative and liberal) if you as me.

I know that Montana, Colorado, and the Dakotas might have Firearm Freedom Acts, but until they actually ASSERT them to the Feds, i don't see it going anywhere.

so, are we talking about business, tax, and property rights (water) freedom that is the deciding factor that puts NM behind the others? i mean, NM produced Gary Johnson, so it can't be all that bad, can it? but then again TX produced (or was adopted by) Paul, and while TX is better than some, its not the best either, i guess. not WORSE than Fl, though, especially considering everybody the non-stop raining and humidity (=motorcycles and homes without good AC are almost useless)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toureg89 View Post
    I know that Montana, Colorado, and the Dakotas might have Firearm Freedom Acts, but until they actually ASSERT them to the Feds, i don't see it going anywhere.

so, are we talking about business, tax, and property rights (water) freedom that is the deciding factor that puts NM behind the others? i mean, NM produced Gary Johnson, so it can't be all that bad, can it? but then again TX produced (or was adopted by) Paul, and while TX is better than some, its not the best either, i guess. not WORSE than Fl, though, especially considering everybody the non-stop raining and humidity (=motorcycles and homes without good AC are almost useless)
    NM is place where liberty lovers should be leaving. It is the least free part of the Southwest (unless you include CA). NM has OK personal freedom compared to the rest of the US. So, if you love personal liberty but don't work, live 100% of welfare, and want to live in the Southwest, than NM is for you. Otherwise, it is pretty horrible.

http://mercatus.org/freedom-in-the-50-states/NM
    Freedom Rankings for NM
    #37 Overall
    #45 Economic
    #10 Personal

MT is freer than NM
    http://mercatus.org/freedom-50-states-2011/MT
    Freedom Rankings for MT
    #29 Overall
    #25 Economic
    #33 Personal

TX isn't doing well but it is certainly a step up from a NM and MT.
    http://mercatus.org/freedom-in-the-50-states/TX
    Freedom Rankings for TX
    #14 Overall
    #15 Economic
    #12 Personal

Anyway, NH blows all of those states away. As you can see, NH isn't perfect but it is much freer that states like MT and NM. Plus, we are making positive changes and 1000s of pro-liberty activists are either moving or NH or agreeing to move to NH in the future. That certainly isn't happening anywhere else in the world.
    http://mercatus.org/freedom-50-states-2011/NH
    Freedom Rankings for NH
    #1 Overall
    #2 Economic
    #11 Personal
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Men's Health looked at 100 cities in the US to see which cities were the best cities for dog owners.
    http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/best-dog-cities

We crunched the per capita numbers of dog parks (Trust for Public Land), dog-friendly apartments (Apartments.com), vets (MyVeterinarian.com), animal shelters (Petfinder.com), and pet stores and services, along with the percentage of dog owners (both SimplyMap). Finally, we factored in state laws against animal cruelty, dog fighting, and puppy mills (Humane Society).
    Manchester, NH was the only city in NH included in the study. Some states, such as CO, FL, TX, CA, NC, OH and so on had multiple cities included in the survey.

If you average all of the cities looked at in each state and than rank the states, the order is:
    1. OR
    2. DE
    3. WA
    4. NH
    5. CO

Top 10 Most Dog Friendly Cities According to Men's Health
    1. Portland, OR A+
    2. Colorado Springs, CO A+
    3. Wilmington, DE A+
    4. Seattle, WA A
    5. Denver, CO A
    6. Tampa, FL A
    7. Manchester, NH A-
    8. St. Louis, MO A-
    9. Pittsburgh, PA A-
    10. Las Vegas, NV A-

While a couple cities in CO did really well, Aurora, CO was #16 B+ so all CO cities aren't equally as good. The same is true for FL - St. Petersburg, FL #23 B-, Orlando, FL #33 C+, Miami, FL #39 C and Jacksonville, FL #72 D+.

Last edited by Keith and stuff; 08-30-2012 at 09:49 AM.

bump
    For good times, IM me.

eeeee
    For good times, IM me.

I was thinking Maine...

Maine has fewer gun restrictions than New Hampshire. Maine also has a law that prohibits the implementation of REAL ID.

On the other hand Maine taxes are very high and the size of government is about twice as big as New Hampshire. Now that the Democrats have taken over in New Hampshire that may change.

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisLow View Post
    I was thinking Maine...

Maine has fewer gun restrictions than New Hampshire. Maine also has a law that prohibits the implementation of REAL ID.

On the other hand Maine taxes are very high and the size of government is about twice as big as New Hampshire. Now that the Democrats have taken over in New Hampshire that may change.
    Although ME (like VT and NH) is known for having less restrictive gun laws than most states, I've never heard anyone say it's laws are better than the laws in NH before. Anyway, gun laws in NH should change for the better over the next two years. Maybe it will have the least restrictive laws in the nation soon.

REAL ID and all similar laws are banned from NH. In fact, NH made national headlines by starting the national REAL ID resistance movement in this country.

The GOP not only took back NH, but now it has more control than it used to have
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 07-10-2012 at 12:07 PM.

The biggest thing that the FSP didn't take into account was the influx of filthy, aggressively-driving Massholes across our southern border. They move to NH for no state income, no sales tax, cheaper alcohol, etc. but then they say, "Hey! We used to do it THIS way in MA!" and change our state. As such, NH is becoming Northern Massachusetts.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast